Quote:
Originally posted by wheland:
Quote:
Originally posted by HCS:
[b] Judy,
We are hoping to check out the Old Head of Kinsale Lighthouse in Ireland that is on a golf course and apparently closed to the general public.
HCS
Hilary,

We were in Kinsale this past month. Unfortunately we did not have time to get out to that lighthouse.

We did get a rear view of the Charles Fort Lighthouse which is just outside of town. Unfortunately I forgot it was there until it was too late to go into the fort.

We only had a 10-15 minute photo stop there. I would have paid the admission just for the photo of the whole lighthouse- I'm just a Wacko.

Dennis [/b]
We did get to Charles Fort and Tom managed to smooze the gate keeper of the golf course at Old Head of Kinsale, he even called the lady at the lighthouse who would have let us climb had she not been on her way out to pick up her child. Also go to see the ruins of the two previous lights and keepers house which sit on the seveth hole of the golf course. In all Ireland was a great trip. We saw and photographed over 70 lighthouses, range lights and lightships. Got to climb 5 lighthouses almost 6. Pretty cool considering only one light in Ireland, Hook, is open to the general public.
Hopefully Tom will post pictures, sorry I have not learnt how to do it. Judy I could always e-mail you some!
We also saw Warren Point located on Greencastle Golf Club.
HCS