Interesting comments in this thread.

Although the long time devoted collectors will seek out the LE's to "protect" their collections and keep them complete I feel that these collectors are becoming less and less. Economy, costs, room, are dictating the trend. H.L. has to respond to this trend and change their marketing, and production.

We all know how much H.L. has done for the restoration of Lighthouses. But this is based on sales and profits. When the LEs are not on top of the sales list then they have to change to a product that will get as much of the market share as possible.

It first started out with the GLOW's and everyone knows how we have beat that topic to death. Then came the LLOM.

LLOM are what will eventually come to the fore front. Several LLOM have been made that are not LE's or Glows. This gets collectors to purchase those items. Likewise the LLOM's have become very favorable to young collectors who have gained interest into lighthouses through education. When these young people visit a lighthouse and there is a LLOM for sale there, the parents will allow them to buy it verses the Glow or LE.

LLOM are very detailed, a favorable price point,
and sized to allow more in a display case. They are just the right type of item that will sell in the Lighthouse shops as soveniers.

I also believe that if a LLOM is a great seller, and it is not LE. I soon might be.

I doubt that they will ever be retired, therefore it will be a choice to buy and keep but the desire to have all will not occur.

Looking forward to a great summer of Lighthousing and seeing great friends.
Jake.