Interesting subject! I'll be short and sweet on my reply to this subject. I do believe that HL is too smart a company to give up the ghost. What Daniel says makes a lot of sense about diversification and lighted GLOWs. The LE market is getting smaller and smaller and production numbers have got to be reduced to the point that making too many will cost HLs money and making too little will not be profitable. I predit the magic number for both profit and no loss is 1500 to 2000. This would take care of the dedicated collectors and would also leave some to be on the open market. I for one will continue to buy all limited editions for 2004 and 2005 and then I will quit. I retire in January 2006 and will not have the extra money and will have run out of space. I will not store my collection and only look at part of it and have part of it put away. I will continue to buy the Florida pieces if any are left to produce and the Society, Christmas, Regional and In-Store pieces. The rest will be history unless they are special to me. I will have collected for 12 years by then and have a collection to be proud of. I'm comparing my collection to my military service. When it wasn't fun anymore or I didn't like the orders I received, it was time to quit with a good taste in my mouth. The same is true of HL collecting. When your out of space and lower on money, it's time to quit.

PS: I'll still be active on the Forums and still attend Events but will have less HLs to be signed. I might also concentrate a little more on getting variations(green water Michigan City to be exact) with the money that I save from all the new releases.

Rich