My wife and I had gone into our usual collectible place today, mainly looking for a few new pieces for our Roman Angel Nativity Set. When we got there, I was suprised to see that they had received their auto-ships of Rockland Breakwater, Cape May, and Eagle Bluff. Now, we (my wife and I) had had a discussion earlier in the month as to what new HL LE pieces we would like to get when they come out. ie La Martre, Hereford Inlet, and the Sisters pieces. Well, after seeing the way that Eagle Bluff looked, we decided we had to have it. Now granted, this piece looks similar to White River, and it doesn't have all the detail that White River has, but it was still striking enough to catch our eyes. It looks great beside all of our other HL pieces. Actually, it's about time for us to break down and purchase a Curio. Need something to display these in instead of having them scattered around the house.

Anyhow, as far as the Cape May and Rockford pieces go, we have decided to pass on those. Cape may looked kind of plain to us, while the Rockford piece just didn't "speak" to us. Mind you, the detail on Rockford was great, but with the dull colors, it just seemed kind of plain to us. I know that MrHarnsberger's reviews of these pieces differ from what I think, but to each their own I guess. I guess as long as we all collect the pieces that "speak" to us, we'll all be happy. I know that my wife and I are really looking forward to the release of La Martre, Hereford, and Sisters. Those "spoke" to us the minute we saw the pictures.

[This message has been edited by Naders (edited 07-28-2000).]