No, John, they have been there since the HL701 Colchester Reef Christmas Lighthouse, these are just very nicely done.. There was no flag on the 1st Christmas Lighthouse, Big Bay.. There are a lot of very nice touches on this light including the little crescent Moon on the outhouse door.. The decorated tree by the door near the tower is very well done.

The shape of the tower on Sturgeon Point Lighthouse is one of the things I always always liked about visiting it. It isn't like most conical towers as it isn't conical all the way to the lantern room.. The top 1/5 of the tower goes straight up and then the supports to the lantern room flair out. There is another tower that isn't conical all the way to the lantern room but it is because they made the tower taller after a few years and the is Portland Head Lighthouse. As far as I can tell Sturgeon Point was just designed and built this way not extended at a later time..

The sculpture is a very nice size, without being to big, with a 7 to 8 inch long footprint and the tower hitting 7 inches tall (with the feet because it lights up).

The shutters are closed in this image which gives it a whole different look, I am glad Harry designed the replica with the shutters open..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!