Quote:
Originally posted by Dave H:
You are making presumptions that there are pieces yet to be released and that HL is not telling its dealers. At one point you speculated that the AL release might have to do with the Mark Sherman painting that was in the LHDepot catalog. That remains a strong possibility, as does the fact that there are pieces that were planned but not able to be completed this year. There can be lots of reasons why a piece is delayed. I don't feel HL owes it to anyone, dealers or collectors, to acknowledge a piece that [b]may be introduced this year or next or at any time.

Bottom line, Loon, is that by your own words you appear to be stirring the pot, getting dealers upset that they are being kept out of the loop on potential HL releases. I don't feel that this is fair to either the dealers or HL. If there is a release yet to be sent to market this year it will eventually show up. [/b]
Dave, I'm not trying to stir the pot, I'm just trying to get an answer. Once you meet me, you'll see that is not my personality. I'm just a lighthouse collecting "loon". I'm a kid in a candy shop with Harbour Lights.

Since I was getting no answers here on the CF, I decided to ask several dealers I have bought from in the past. I thought HL wanted us to do this. Visit HL dealers to see what's up. I just asked for some info. This isn't the first time these HL dealers felt this way.

HL stated that part of the 2008 Grand Tour, they will be releasing a replica from every coastal state. From talking to one the dealers I found out of the possible delay with the Louisiana piece, fine, and from talking to another dealer they mentioned the Alabama piece was already released and is a framed print. I did not know this before that one dealer told me, and none of the other dealers knew about this either. It was not me who speculated that this was the AL release. If that is the release, why hasn't HL let the dealer know this, or let us know in a Legacy or Musings. This print has been for sale in the LHD catalog for almost six months. Since it wasn't coming from HL, I felt it wasn't the truth. So I kept asking.

Your right HL doesn't owe us collectors any release news, but I do think HL should let HL dealers know whats going on.

I don't have anything against the folks running HL. It's actually the complete opposite. I want to see things get fixed. I want HL lighthouse collecting to go on till every US lighthouse is made into a limited edition. I'm just a "lighthouse loon" !!!

The main reason I was pushing for an answer is my autoship. I don't want to be surprised when my autoship dealer calls telling me there is something in from HL that he's waiting for me to pay for.

This is my last post on the Grand Tour Alabama subject, unless to defend myself. wink

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.