Local lighthouses sold buy "local" dealers is the situation I was faced with. When I went into the store for my semi-monthly hunt better known as, "I ain't comin home empty-handed" , they're gone.

I was told that the dealer would only sell NC limited editions. Well what this caused me to do was find a dealer that sold "all" the HL LEs and I'm very happy.

I order all the LE's for that year as well as the Event Pieces and Christmas. What I'm saying is-My "local" dealer lost all my business.....because he could not supply my needs.

North Carolina has been a prime HL target with the Outerbanks and others. So....local dealers will not have inventory and will more than likely drop the line.

Direct marketing is a possibility but what I miss most is going to a dealer for a "hands-on experience". I have bought more lighthouses after visiting my dealer for a close examination than from catalogs and the HL site Page. HL knows who their "star" collectors are and could easily direct market through their Society Piece. Would they sell more lighthouses- maybe. Would they lose more dealers-surely.

As far as QVC is concerened, the Christmas Piece would be a great introduction to collectors. A prime example is my wife ordering Byers Choice Santa and Mrs. Santa. This for her was a one time purchase. Get the Christmas Piece on QVC, show the Quality, talk-up the line and who knows. Nothing ventured nothing gained. This I feel would be the least harmful to dealers and current collectors and just might increase the collector base and therefore help dealers in the future.