I caught the CA 'Legendary Lighthouse' episode on A&E a few weeks back - wow! I searched the PBS.org site to find the available videos and - there they were - Vol I and II. They are available in both DVD and VHS tape. I ordered both sets... it was only plastic - and via an 800#. That was Tuesday - they arrived in the mail around noon yesterday! I sat down and watched the first set's three DVD's. The lawn never got mowed... the shop is a mess... the den is still a mess... my wife came in from jury duty and had to go back out to get some fast food, as I never fixed dinner either. All of those houses I have - or want - and there they were - great series. Even a visit with Mr. Younger.

I know you guys have talked about them before, but for a 'newbie', like myself, the 'Legendary Lighthouse' sets are a 'must have'. If you don't have a DVD player, get one! Wally World has them for $68.88! DVD's are smaller, more durable, offer higher quality, and generally permit more features than VHS tape. You can pause on a single DVD image indefinitely without damage, unlike the tape. They also have a Vol I and a Vol II book as well.

I also bought the half-priced three tape set (no DVD's) on the 'Scenic Railways' as it was on the Alaskan rail line I model in G scale, the 'White Pass and Yukon', but it won't get it's poly packaging broken until I have seen the enire LL sets...

There went my Fresnel lens money...

John

PS I did make note from my viewing those DVDs of the fact that a Disney engineer makes replacement Fresnel lens parts from cast acylic, assumedly like those new Fresnels H-L makes.