I think Jim Johnson has a good idea for Harbour Lights first matched set of three lighthouses: the three lights in the harbor of Duluth, Minnesnowta.

If you visualize the inner harbor with two concrete breakwaters jutting out into Lake Superior to the east, then you can visualize the following:

The North Breakwater Outer Light is a steel conical tower of classic shape and diminutive dimension, white with a black base, gallery, lantern room, and roof.

The South Breakwater Outer Light is a white concrete building with a red roof, of unusual shape, with a square tower and circular lantern room projecting up from its lakeward end. The lantern room has black diagonal framing with a red roof. There is one stupendous foghorn in it, and it has a warning sign proclaiming that, at the tone, you have 20 seconds before the horn blows to vacate the area if you wish to retain your hearing.

The South Breakwater Inner Light is a steel skeletal structure with four legs and lots of cross bracing. It's painted black overall with a white gallery level and lantern room.

What an opportunity for HL to inaugurate their first matched set of three: all visually interesting, colorful, and fundamentally different, yet all of a set!

I know I'd buy one!

------------------
Bob Steinbrunn
Nautical Research Guild

Bob Steinbrunn
Nautical Research Guild