I was on my way home from the gym and luckily only 2 traffic lights away from home when the power went out. I didn't have the radio on to hear what was going on so I just figured some nut had run into a telephone poll or something that took down some power lines as well. So I went home and had a nap. When I got up and the power was still out I had no clue as to what time it was so I figured it was just a quick power nap. Sean came home a few minutes later and clued me in to what was going on. We ended up having our first candle light dinner at a little pizza place not too far from out apartment. He was hotter than anything in there but at least it was food! Power went back on around 10PM.
This morning drove into work as there was no message on our voicemail serice mentioning that our site was closed. No problem, no one was on the roads and all looked fine until I got closer to work in Ardsley, NY. There the traffic lights on the Sawmill Parkway were out and I couldn't turn left across the highway to get to work. So I took a drive further south into Yonkers and took a winding back road that connected me to where I needed to go. Only a 20 minute detour. Then of course I get to work and the rest of the town has power just not the campus I work on. Oh darn! The security guard just sent me home. LIke I was going to complain. I was fortunate in this whole experience not to have been very put out of my ways. However I'm so glad I'm not in NYC! No subway or trains even now so all of those people who were stuck in the city last night are still stranded.

Shirin