Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
This Little Light of Mine #99051 02/02/00 04:54 PM
rscroope Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Had the opportunity to hold and examine all 24 last night. Very, very nice!
Next 24 will include some LI lights.
The following 24 may include new lights not previously done by HL!

These should be a great sale at the local LH gift shop. The detail on these little LHs are typical high HL quality that we all expect.

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: This Little Light of Mine #99052 02/02/00 05:44 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
You can view individual images of these first 24 pieces which began shipping to dealers on 1/27/00.
www.HarbourLights.com/LittleLights

Check with your favorite dealers; not all Harbour Lights dealers will be carrying them. And there will be Little Lights dealers who will be carrying only Little Lights. I hope to have this information later this month with the dealer list update.

Re: This Little Light of Mine #99053 02/03/00 01:24 AM
N
Nana Offline
N
Thanks John, in advance, for the list you are going to get of dealers carrying this new line. For collectors in the Tampa Bay area the Johnston Hallmark stores will be carrying them.

Derith

[This message has been edited by Nana (edited 02-02-2000).]

Re: This Little Light of Mine #99054 02/05/00 03:55 AM
J
JULB Offline
J
The LLOM's have arrived in the Dallas area now and not only did I get to unpack them all for my dealer (they paged me to ask me if I wanted to do it), but they gave me first dibs as well.

I bought Portland Head and Old Mackinac! Tremendous details on these two pieces in particular.

Alcatraz is virtually a miniature clone of the GLOW. I can't believe they actually painted in the prison rooms on the backside of the building just like in the full size HL!

Heceta Head has a beautiful group of about 5 or so trees sitting on a ledge in the back which you can't really see well from the photo's. Everyone who was with me had an average level of excitement until they saw this cluster of trees on the back and then they went nuts over the piece! Their effect almost seems to transport you to the real lighthouse!

Another interesting note is that the photo on the cover of the box for Nauset is an inverted or reversed image of the piece (OOps!) When you take the piece out of the box, the photo is a mirror image of the sculpture. Someone please let me know if I am wrong so I can make an "eye appointment.

All of the boxes included a nice gift card inside as well as a LLOM "wish list" you can pass on to your friends.

There were many more great pieces but I'll leave those for comments from others.

Gotta start saving my lunch money again!
[img]http://members.aol.com/julbrenes1/TheColonyLH4.jpg[/img]

JB
Re: This Little Light of Mine #99055 02/08/00 09:41 PM
K
KT Offline
K
Saw them in the Phoenix area today. Very nice for what they are. Will probably get a couple representing my favorite lighthouses. Can't see how one would choose LLOM over a LE or even a GLOW though (disregarding financial reasons).

------------------
Ken T

Ken T
Re: This Little Light of Mine #99056 02/10/00 12:32 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I added 24 new lighthouses to my collection today. The set of the first 24 Little Lights arrived from my dealer today. Pictures will be soon to follow. I have them all out of their boxes and in a group, so far I think I like the Portland Head Lighthouse the best. If a postcard would have come with the Little Light, it would definitely would be the best.

I got the group together for a quick picture. Just like every family group picture there is a shy one in the crowd. This time it is Aunt Hattie that is shy and hiding behind Cousin Heceta.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
to added group picture

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 02-09-2000).]

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: This Little Light of Mine #99057 02/10/00 09:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw them in upstate NY yesterday. Most of them done quite nicely, some a little better than others. I think they should be in the ten dollar range instead of fifteen. I'll wait and see how the NY lighthouses come out when they make them.

"TheLightkeeper"

[This message has been edited by TheLightkeeper (edited 02-10-2000).]

Re: This Little Light of Mine #99058 02/11/00 12:32 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Perhaps the detail is better on the ornaments than the Little Lights? Some time ago on a chat Maureen from HL indicated that the Little Lights would not have the detail that we've become accustomed to. I agree, however, Sean that $15 for the ornies seems a little high for their size, regardless of detail, especially the ones that are not limited.

Re: This Little Light of Mine #99059 02/13/00 02:51 AM
J
Jazzer Offline
J
LLOM,s arrive in Delaware. These are great. The detail is outstanding. At current only one dealer In Wilmington area has them on display and they are down to the display pieces with all others being sold after only apprx three days out. I made it home with Hatteras.

Lonnie

Lonnie
Re: This Little Light of Mine #99060 03/09/00 03:32 AM
Rusty Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Just bought one for the fun of it. I love St. Augustine, will get it any which way I can. Detail is great. Won't collect all of them for I don't have the money or space. But might buy one or two more. Saving money now for the SOL. It really is amazing how detailed HL's are. Even the stripes are painted correctly. I noticed on another St. Augustine I have from another company, of whom I won't mention, the stripes are painted wrong.

Anyway LLOM are great gift pieces.

Rusty

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,825 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users