Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Collectors Choice #98071 01/06/09 12:42 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I started a listing of what we can expect for 2009 based on the states mentioned in the October Legacy. Here's my list:

2009 – The Collectors Choice ( 9 so far )

Delaware – Harbor of Refuge (LE)
New York – Buffalo Entrance Southside (LE)
Florida – Carysfort Reef (LE)
Maryland – Fort Carroll (LE)
Louisiana – Pas a L’Outre LE)
Louisiana – Franks Island (LE)
Wisconsin – Port Washington Breakwater (LE) (*1)
Oregon – Umpqua Lens (LE)
Massachusetts – Scituate (GLOW)
Georgia –
Hawaii –
Maine –
Rhode Island –
Canada –
Ireland –

(*1) – Wisconsin wasn’t listed in the October Legacy as having a release in 2009.

Please let me know if I'm incorrect on anything.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Collectors Choice #98072 01/10/09 03:03 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Anybody have a favorite?

Sounds like between the Port Washington Breakwater, Umpqua Lens, Carysfort Reef, Harbour of Refuge, and two Louisiana releases, HL has already made many CF members happy!

Stan M
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Collectors Choice #98073 01/11/09 11:23 AM
T
TerryO Offline
Wacko
Wacko
T
I love them all!! I just want to get my order in for the whole lot.
What about the LL's, AB's, World lights? etc. Will they be releasing any of these also?

Re: Collectors Choice #98074 01/11/09 03:23 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Scituate is the latest GLOW release. I'm sure we'll be seeing some LLOM's and probably an AB in the summer releases. Maybe another GLOW.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Collectors Choice #98075 01/11/09 04:21 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Anybody have a favorite?
Louisiana – Pas a L’Outre LE)

DANIEL
Re: Collectors Choice #98076 01/11/09 05:12 PM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I think Franks Island will be my favorite. Different! Love them ALL! Can't wait to see them "in the flesh" so to speak.

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Collectors Choice #98077 01/12/09 10:27 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Carysfort is my favorite.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Collectors Choice #98078 01/12/09 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Frank's Island. I kinda like the uniqueness of this lighthouse. Can't wait to get it and give it the once, twice, over.

Re: Collectors Choice #98079 01/13/09 12:04 AM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
Frank's Island would be right up there, but I have to go with the lens. It is so unique and Harry picked a really cool light to try this approach with. I can't wait for Paul to have the lights in hand so he can get a bunch of images to share.

Re: Collectors Choice #98080 01/13/09 09:38 AM
T
TerryO Offline
Wacko
Wacko
T
I too like the lens.
I wonder if there will be any AB's ? or LL's?

Re: Collectors Choice #98081 01/13/09 07:43 PM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko
If you go to lighthouse depot and bring up the new lens then click on more images, next to the picture, you will see several views of the new lens.

Re: Collectors Choice #98082 01/13/09 08:52 PM
TDSimpson Offline
Wacko
Wacko
While they all look nicely done the only one I would probably purchase out of this first release would be the Port Washington Breakwater light because of its uniqueness and its similarity to mt hometown Huron light. Since there are no Michigan or Ohio releases this time I may just go after the few of these I don't have or some older models from the first couple of years.

Tom

Re: Collectors Choice #98083 01/16/09 07:23 PM
Danny Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I was wondering why the HL Umpqua Lens does not accurately reproduce the alternating red and clear panels?

[Seen at: www.pbase.com/devonshire/image/65045487
Remove frame ]

Danny

Re: Collectors Choice #98084 01/16/09 08:43 PM
Weasel58 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Yeah Danny I agree it looks like they got the lenses at Umpqua and Cape Mears crossed. Cape Mears has the red outer panels similar to what is depicted in the new piece. As seem here from inside the lens. http://www.lighthousefriends.com/meares_lens.jpg

Eric
Re: Collectors Choice #98085 01/17/09 01:41 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I haven't picked a favorate yet. I'm hoping Paul posts a few detail pics of each when he gets the chance.

This release is a very diverse batch. We're getting all kinds of lighthouse style architecture.

If I had to pick a favorate, at this moment it probably would be either Carysport or Port Washington.

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98086 01/18/09 11:47 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
When I talked to Tony late 2008 he said no new Little Light of Mine fro 2009 (I was hoping for at least one Florida Reef Light).

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Collectors Choice #98087 01/19/09 06:02 PM
B
Bill Bowen Offline
B
My favorites are:

Maryland - Fort Carroll (LE)
Delaware - Harbor of Refuge (LE)
Oregon - Umpqua Lens (LE)

Re: Collectors Choice #98088 04/30/09 11:01 AM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Just updating the 2009 list !!!

2009 – The Collectors Choice ( 14 so far )

Louisiana – Pass a L’Outre LE)
Louisiana - Sabine Pass (LE) - Delayed from 2008
Massachusetts - Duxbury Pier (LE) - In-store event piece
Massachusetts - East Chop (LE) CS membership
Massachusetts - West Chop (LE) CS exclusive
Georgia – Tybee Cut Front Range (LE) - Regional event piece
Hawaii –
Maine –
Rhode Island –
Canada –
Ireland –
?????? -

(*1) – Wisconsin wasn’t listed in the October Legacy as having a release in 2009.

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98089 05/28/09 11:17 AM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Shouldn't be too long till we get some new release news.

I'm taking a guess that three of the new summer releases are these:

Makapu'u Point, HI
Ponham Rocks, RI
Wood Island, ME

And hoping for Bergen Point, NJ.

Whatever they are, they should be good !!!

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98090 05/28/09 04:37 PM
T
Tom Offline
Wacko
Wacko
T
I would like to see Makapu'u Point. Was there this past January

Tom
Re: Collectors Choice #98091 05/28/09 10:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd be ecstatic if you were right Loon.

Re: Collectors Choice #98092 06/01/09 05:23 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Very interesting picks...... here's hoping for the above to show there face and appear!

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Collectors Choice #98093 06/01/09 09:29 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I just spotted a pic of the 2009 Christmas piece on the Collector World web-site.

This is the 3rd and final in the Flying Santa series.

Looks nice !!!!!!!!!

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98094 06/02/09 06:14 PM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko
If you get Lighthouse Digest then the summer releases are pictured there. Some very interesting pieces.

Re: Collectors Choice #98095 06/02/09 11:07 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I think EVERYONE will be pleased with this years Christmas piece (yeah MAINE) and the other new LE releases.

As SDudley states, it appears that you will be able to see the new latest June HL releases in the LHD catalog before it is official announced by HL. You gotta luv it!

I think someone is sleeping in HL headquarters! Since June is already here, it is time for the alarm clock to go off...

I think the Canadian piece is very interesting!

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Collectors Choice #98096 06/03/09 02:27 PM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Loon, looks like you got two of the four you mentioned above.

Re: Collectors Choice #98097 06/03/09 08:12 PM
M
Mystery Guest Offline
Wacko
Wacko
M
Cape Annie's now has the new issues on their website with photos, prices, quantities, etc.
Just enter the link below in your browser.

http://www.capeannieslighthouses.com/new20surehal.html

Re: Collectors Choice #98098 06/03/09 08:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Makapuu and Ponham Rocks. There is a Harbour Lights God smiling down on me. Now all he's got to do is give me the $$$$$ to pay for the three I just ordered.

Re: Collectors Choice #98099 06/03/09 08:46 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I'm happy to see Pomham Rocks & Makapu'u as well and San Luis Obispo was a nice surprise, but the two I really wanted are Bergen Point and Wood Island.

Now to come up with the $973 to pay for the 11 new pieces.

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98100 06/04/09 01:29 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
Originally posted by Lighthouse Loon:
Now to come up with the $973 to pay for the 11 new pieces.
Why would you spend $973 on new HLs when you had the chance to buy $973 worth of lights from the Founders Collection, many from the very early years, with a low flag number and at retail to boot!

Believe me, I am ALL for helping out our Dealers, especially during these crazy economic times, but I would rather spend it on "Opportunities" like the Founders Collection then to buy all of the latest releases. -of course, this is just my opinion.

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Collectors Choice #98101 06/04/09 02:49 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Quote:
Originally posted by CAVR:
Why would you spend $973 on new HLs when you had the chance to buy $973 worth of lights from the Founders Collection, many from the very early years, with a low flag number and at retail to boot!

Believe me, I am ALL for helping out our Dealers, especially during these crazy economic times, but I would rather spend it on "Opportunities" like the Founders Collection then to buy all of the latest releases. -of course, this is just my opinion.
Christopher, You are probably in the majority with current HL collectors. I'm probably more like the older HL collectors, even though I'm a rather newbie at it.

While the FC was a great opportunity, of which I purchased a few pieces, I think it's more important to continue to collect the new stuff.

I do it not just to support my local dealer and a couple internet ones, I do it to support Harbour Lights.

I have faith that they will in time produce ALL of the pieces on my wishlist.

Since the autoship collectors spend the most, maybe we should be the ones getting to pick the next releases.

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98102 06/06/09 11:48 AM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I wonder if there is going to be an offical announcement of the new releases from HL? Like a Musings or maybe the next Legacy.

Not much chatter yet! I would think there are a few CF members doing cartwheels with the release of some of these like Pomham Rocks, San Luis Obispo, and Makapu'u.

Those that had these on there wishlist care to share there thoughts.

Anybody out there disapointed? Did your wishlist get skipped or the version released not to your liking?

I have to admit I don't have a favorite yet. Each one could become my favorate. Lets hope for some Paul pics in the very near future.

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98103 06/06/09 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
towel towel cheers groupwave bow applaud nono

Re: Collectors Choice #98104 06/06/09 03:49 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Being an autoship collector, I will be the first to speak up and say the surest way to turn a collector off that is on autoship is to bring out close to 20 limited editions in 1 year. It might have been ok in the heyday of Harbour Lights but not in today's poor economy. I will buy the remaining 2009 issues and then I'm going to look at what HLs does for next year. If they go stark raving crazy with another 8-9 first of the year issues, I will be giving up the HLs bug and only buy select pieces.

I will also be letting HLs know my feelings on this with an email. I will not be sending to Tony as the final decision on what HLs does comes fron Don Devine. He owns the authority to make decisions and he will receive my venting.

Rich
Re: Collectors Choice #98105 06/06/09 03:56 PM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I whole heartedly agree! I love autoship, but I just can't do 20 pieces a year!

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Collectors Choice #98106 06/06/09 04:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Broke my heart to give up my double digit autoship number but after a $1600 plus month, enough was enough. Personally, I believe this may have been when the HLs wave broke and is still waiting, if ever (2nd half of '09 prices ...WOW!!) to reform. I can remember the original 17 and how HLs made technical improvements and how the prices rose for a Thomas Point but the other HLs for that year were in line. Nice marketing. You asked for it, here it is.

Re: Collectors Choice #98107 06/07/09 12:41 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I'm sure many collectors are feeling the crunch with the current state of the economy. More so for retired folks. But I'm sure there are those who can afford them.

HL releasing around 20 LE's a year doesn't seem too many. The best thing we all should do is buy what we can afford. The sales figures will tell HL what direction they should go in. If we can't afford an autoship, buy what you can.

Many collectors have had the oppurtunity to have a large sellection for almost twenty years, that oppurtunity should continue for new collectors as well. Given that there aren't near as many new collectors as those that have supported HL for a very long time.

IMO, we should buy what we can afford and the results will speak for themselves. Given my personal economic situation, I shouldn't buy any. But for 2009 and probably 2010, I will keep my autoship. I'm very greatful to have it setup.

It would be nice if HL could setup a more evenly distrubuted payment plan. Where we get charged the same amount every month, even if pieces come in in bunches. This past February I paid for all 8 new releases, if that was split over say 5 months, money would have been easier to budget.

I wish all well in the collecting wishes and efforts.

Anyone have any none cost related thoughts on the new releases?

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98108 06/07/09 10:58 PM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Loon,
The payment plan is something you should take up with your dealer. I know I work with some of my regular customers in allowing them to pay me in installments, and when the lighthouse is paid for, I ship it. Sort of like a "layaway" plan. It's a way I've built trust with my customers and I know they really appreciate it. Don't know if your dealer is willing to do that, but may not hurt to ask.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
Re: Collectors Choice #98109 06/08/09 12:23 AM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
There are ways to work the lay-away angle. As Roland does, my local dealer will allow me to put items on lay-away which is great for me. I recall a number of years ago there was a dealer who did a lot of mail order business and also set up lay-aways for you. (Think the dealer is now gone, but I did use that option to purchase several pieces.)

You might also ask your dealer to ship you only a piece or two at a time to allow you to space out payment (presuming the dealer is able to 'carry' you over several months. I recall Saint Rodney once telling us that his dealer had a stash of lights for him, and he would pick up one when he was able. Family also knew where to go to purchase him gifts and the dealer would take one from the stash for them to buy for Rod.

I think your suggestion that people buy what they can afford is a good one. This is a great addiction, but we do need to keep it in check.

When not buying them all, the really tough part is deciding which ones to get, especially when there is a great group to choose from!

Re: Collectors Choice #98110 06/08/09 12:59 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Keeping in mind that dealers are on a 30 day payment plan as it is, you should offer to put at least 50% down to hold your purchases, then try to keep up with a regular payment of the balance over an agreed-upon number of months.

I think most dealers would work with you on a plan like this -- especially if you were on autoship.

Re: Collectors Choice #98111 06/08/09 09:27 AM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Similar to Rodney's dealer, we've also done the bit of putting aside items for a customer until he/she is ready for one or more from their stash. The 50% helps, as we pay for our lighthouses right away when we order and forego the 30 day terms, (better pricing for us), but even if our customer isn't able to come up with the cash right away, we'll still hold their lighthouses for them unless they prove down the road that they are unable or unwilling to to work with us after we have given them every option that we can to work with them.
In this economy, this can be looked at both positively and negatively from the dealer's perspective. The positive side, the way I look at it, is you are building trust with your customers and working with them in order to keep your sales going. The customer is more likely to remain loyal to you and come back to you whenever he needs a new lighthouse or even a gift of lighthouse or something else, (after all, we have more than 1500 items on the website, a lot more than just lighthouses). Some of our lighthouse replica customers cross over to buy other items, some don't. But because we are willing to work with them, they are more likely to return for something else.
The negative side of the issue, from the business viewpoint, is that not all businesses, especially now, can afford to tie up cash flow. They need their sales money ASAP in order to pay their bills. Different dealers will probably have different viewpoints on the subject. Check with yours, Loon.

Roland Babineau
Re: Collectors Choice #98112 06/08/09 11:06 AM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
First off, I was throwing the payment plan idea out there more to help others who are thinking of not collecting anymore due to the moola surge needed when three or four releases are suddenly shipped.

Second, many dealers may be able to do the payment plan, but there are also some that can't. I think my local dealer is in the can't group. I think if the price of his lease goes up, thats it. For these type dealers, It would be nice if HL would spread out the cost to them as well.

Third, what are the chances I'm gonna leave new releases in my dealers stockroom knowing I can whip out the MasterCard or Discover and have them now.

After giving this much thought. I think the solution is to be proactive and save ahead of time. Stick x amount of dollars a month in a separate account(or dresser draw). Of course this may not be possible in todays economy. Back to square one!

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98113 06/09/09 11:59 AM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko

2009 – The Collectors Choice ( 21 so far )(*2)

Hawaii – Makapu'u (LE)
Maine – Burnt Island (LE) Christmas Edition
Rhode Island – Pomham Rocks (LE)
Canada – Haut-Fond Prince (LE)
Ireland – Fastnet Rocks (LE)
California - San Luis Obispo (LE) (*1)
Michigan - Saginaw River Range - (LE) (*1)

(*1) – These states weren't listed in the 2008 October Legacy as having a release in 2009.

(*2) - Is this it for 2009???, or are we in for a surprise or two. Maybe in the fall? (*3)

(*3) - I have no inside info, just wondering !!!

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98114 06/18/09 04:46 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Great news for those of us pre-ordered the Duxbury Pier piece from Cape Annies!

I received an email from Cape Annies stating they have received there Duxbury Pier pieces and will be shipping them on Thursday(today). cool

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98115 06/19/09 05:03 PM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I picked up the Duxbury piece this past weekend. I thought it was a little small for the price of $68.00. Last years piece was only $40.00 and much larger.

Re: Collectors Choice #98116 06/22/09 11:51 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
A little small? I'd say very small!

I was expecting it to be the same size as other shoal lights, like Ship John Shoal & Harbor of Refuge.

What goes? I know the edition size is small, but I think the piece could have been another inch bigger in all directions.

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98117 06/23/09 11:25 AM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Times are getting tough folks, costs of manufacturing and raw materials are going up, shipping costs are escalating.... I wouldn't be surprised if our beloved HLs begin being manufactured in some other country, like INDIA, within a few years since CHINA laborers are demanding more pay as CHINA becomes more developed and becoming a dominant global player.

Getting back to the Duxbury piece.... I received my piece yesterday, but I don't have the heart to open the box to see how big (or small) the actual piece really is. Boy, that box is small...

I do know that the thumbnail, which was included, was pretty small.... almost had to get a magnifying glass to see it. Perhaps I am getting older....

I agree with the fact that the price doesn't match with the piece size. Heck, the membership gift piece is about the same size and it only costs $39!

Of course, this downsizing of pieces has been the trend that we have been seeing for a couple of years now. I thought within the last 5-years, all I heard from collectors on the "Forums" is that they wanted HL pieces with smaller "footprints" because their display cases were getting full? Perhaps this is HLs way of responding to those collectors requests..... I just don't think the SRPs are making sense anymore!

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Collectors Choice #98118 06/23/09 01:13 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I understand the cost to make everything has gone up, but with collectables it's a bit more noticable when you change sizes.

Dunkin Donuts, White Castle, & Big Macs don't compare to the size they were a while back, but I don't have an old one around to compare it to(I hope not).

With a collectable lighthouse, you are going to put a new one on tha same shelf as say one from a few years back. When you look at, do you think the real ones must be different in size, but they aren't.

I realize that we can't have all lighthouse replica to the same scale. If so, the Hatteras Beacon would have to be thumbnail size replica next to the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. But wouldn't it make sence to have all tower lights similar scaled, all shoal lights similar scaled, etc.?

(IMO) If they cost more, they cost more!

And I don't believe HL is accomodating many HL collectors who want smaller footprint pieces, explain the Sankaty on the Move piece?

If you want smaller pieces, switch to LLOM's. HL should make every piece in both regular LE size and LLOM size. Collectors Choice!

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98119 07/13/09 09:51 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Anybody who has new releases on order should be getting a call that their in. I went over to my local HL dealer and picked up four new releases:

Makapu'u
Burnt Island
Haut-Fond Prince
San Luis Obispo

I don't have a favorate yet, they all look GREAT !!!

The card to get a Jordan Point was included with each. Says to check off which six you bought, and include a copy of the receipts.

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98120 07/16/09 11:49 AM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I finally got a chance to look at the four latest releases a bit more.

While Haut-Fond Prince and Makapu'u are very unique, I'd have to say San Luis Obispo is my favorate. A really really nice piece !!!

Thanks Harbour Lights for these exceptional pieces !!!

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98121 07/20/09 08:42 PM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Just finished looking at the four new summer releases. I'm with Loon San Luis Obispo is the best of the lot. It has a nice big size and a ton of detail. I can see why it is priced the way it is,with the the size and the detail it is worth it.
Haut-Fond Prince on the other hand is too small and not worth the price. A larger size would of really helped this piece to make up for the lack of detail in the subject.

Re: Collectors Choice #98122 07/21/09 10:42 AM
Tony C Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Good Tuesday Morning!

RE: HL 376 Haut-Fond Prince Canada
Harry and I did discuss the price of this Replica.

There are two points: the number of colors and the addition of the helicopter both add to the manufacturing cost of the Replica.

To answer the question regarding detail - this is a 20th century built lighthouse. In its design the goal was to streamline and make it maintenance free.

As a piece of information - Haut-Fond Prince was the choice of (75) Collectors!

Re: Collectors Choice #98123 07/21/09 11:59 AM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thanks for the info Tony.
RE: HL 376 Haut-Fond Prince Canada, I got this piece and although it was not one of my choices I love it, especially the helicopter, a nice addition to the piece. Also got Makapu'u another unique piece although my husband did comment on the colour of the water.

Re: Collectors Choice #98124 07/21/09 01:20 PM
C
ctlights Offline
C
The Point San Luis Obispo piece is really great. Due to its price I was reluctant to cross the $100 mark, however I collect all of the California pieces and am a frequent visitor to nearby Morro Bay, CA so I guess i would have paid pretty much anything to add this to my collection... Well done, HL....

Re: Collectors Choice #98125 07/21/09 01:35 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
While the Haut-Fond Prince may seem small and lack the amount of lighthouse detail other replicas have, the helicopter is done very well. Once seeing this, I no longer questioned the cost.

While Point San Luis Obispo is my favorate, and it's good to see a good size footprint for this exceptional lighthouse, the Burnt Island Christmas piece is a close second for me. Amazing detail and a nice footprint as well.

Just got an email from my local HL dealer, my West Chop piece came in yesterday. I'm heading over there now!

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98126 07/21/09 02:08 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
RE: HL 376 Haut-Fond Prince Canada

I would have preferred a larger piece without the helicopter.

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Collectors Choice #98127 07/21/09 04:46 PM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I just want to say in my earlier statement about Haut-Fond Prince that I did not mean that Harbour Lights had left detail out. I was trying to say that with a subject that has less going on because it is a modern structure a larger size would of given this subject more appeal for the price.

Re: Collectors Choice #98128 07/21/09 08:29 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Picked up my West Chop this afternoon. Great looking piece !!!

While there two other HL collectors were doing the same. We had a great time discussing the new releases, how many display cabinets, wishlists, etc. Felt like it could have been a store event! cool

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98129 07/21/09 09:43 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Hope you passed those other collectors a link to the Collector Forums, Loon!

Re: Collectors Choice #98130 07/22/09 10:47 AM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Quote:
Originally posted by Webmaster:
Hope you passed those other collectors a link to the Collector Forums, Loon!
Of course, I even mentioned the exclusive Wisconsin Point piece.

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98131 07/22/09 12:10 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
groupwave groupwave groupwave

Re: Collectors Choice #98132 07/22/09 01:50 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Quote:
Originally posted by Lighthouse Loon:
Picked up my West Chop this afternoon. Great looking piece !!!

While there two other HL collectors were doing the same. We had a great time discussing the new releases, how many display cabinets, wishlists, etc. Felt like it could have been a store event! cool
Interesting note:
The "do you collect LLOM's" topic came up(and not by me).
Two of us do not collect any LLOM's, and the third collects only LLOM's.

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98133 07/22/09 08:44 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko

2009 – The Collectors Choice ( 25 so far )

Wisconsin – Port Washington Breakwater (LE)
Hawaii – Makapu'u (LE)
Maine – Burnt Island (LE) Christmas Edition
Rhode Island – Pomham Rocks (LE)
Canada – Haut-Fond Prince (LE)
Ireland – Fastnet Rocks (LE)
California - San Luis Obispo (LE)
Michigan - Saginaw River Range - (LE)
Michigan - DeTour Reef (LLOM)
Virginia - Jordan Point (LE) (Multiple Purchase Exclusive)
Maryland - Blackistone (LLOM)
South Carolina - Huntington Island (LLOM)

Stan M
Re: Collectors Choice #98134 09/17/09 12:58 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
The latest 4 releases are all awesome !!!

Hard to pick a favorate. At the moment I would have to give the edge to Sabine Pass, just a head of Saginaw River.

The Saginaw River Rear Range piece is nice, but looks like it should have a $100 and not a $120 price tag. The rest are priced about right for the times.

Thank You Harbour Lights !!!

Stan M

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,191 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users