Print Thread
Coquille Glow - coming soon to a dealer near you ! #97864 06/28/99 06:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The much debated Coquille Glow was finaly unveiled at Rosemont (but not in the newest brochure handed out at the reunion). It is about what I expected, well sculpted has a metal railing around the lantern room, plenty on logs washed up along the banks of the river (who was it that was responsible for those logs there again, Sean ?).
Bill stated at Rosemont that in the past he had said that if the govenor of Oregon sent him a letter reqesting the lighthouse be made Harbour Lights would put it out, and that the govenor had sent a letter requesting it, so HL was putting it out (and they had not requested a letter from the govenor). I later asked Kim if they were going to put a copy of the letter in the box with each piece (since it is now part of the history of the piece) and she said it probably would be included.
Oh, also this one has 8 sides, and has much crisper lines and detail than the short lived O.E.

(pictures from HL.com/Paul Brady)

From the garden behind the Fog Signal Building,
Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 07-03-99).]

Re: Coquille Glow - coming soon to a dealer near you ! #97865 06/29/99 03:38 PM
Rock Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Funny, I was at the 1997 Reunion seminar where BY said that if someone could get the Guv of OR (who BY also said was a HL collector) to request a Coquille GLOW, he would do it...well, last year I contacted the Guv's office in Salem via e-mail and put in just such a request and received back a response saying, in effect, that Guv Kitzhaber was NOT a collector of HL's and did NOT have the time to make such a request from HL...???? Glad to hear Coquille GLOW is coming out anyway! Even after I just spent a fortune for the LE...

Re: Coquille Glow - coming soon to a dealer near you ! #97866 07/06/99 12:10 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks for the info, Mark... the new Coquille Glow looks like a "keeper".

Bob

Re: Coquille Glow - coming soon to a dealer near you ! #97867 07/09/99 08:02 PM
F
FredKuhl Offline
Saint
Saint
F
Bob,

Are you suggesting that most of us need a "keeper". Speak for yourself.

The Ancient Mariner
from his padded cell

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,055 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users