Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sales of Event Exclusives #9411 01/09/99 10:27 PM
H
Harry R Offline OP
OP Offline
H
What's the policy for dealers selling the event pieces? My impression is they sell them the day of the event.

In November I went to an event to meet Bill Y. I called the night before to check & make sure he was going to be there (it was going to be a 3 hour drive). - They told me the event piece was already sold out & only 25 rain checks left. By the time I got there on the day of the event 1 hour before the store opens, they had already sold out of the rain checks. So I wasn't able to acquire the Roosevelt Island piece.

------------------

Harry R
Re: Sales of Event Exclusives #9412 01/09/99 10:36 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Harry, It sounds like you got the short end of the stick. I have no idea how many event pieces are brought to a "signing" or "Rep Event". I've only been to one and there was plenty to go around even with some people buying multiple EPs. I would let my feelings be known to Harbour Lights. Tell them of your disappointment after calling, then traveling all that distance. They are wonderful people and I'm sure they would see to it that you could purchase that EP. They probably could send it to your nearest dealer. If I had an extra I would let you have it, but I only purchased one.

That's the word from the East Coast.

Re: Sales of Event Exclusives #9413 01/10/99 12:38 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
I attended a signing in December here in Arizona and the dealer said to BY that she didn't get her full order of Roosevelt Island. Bill said none of the dealers got their full order before the reunion. The cause appears to be that Roosevelt Island production hadn't kept up with the demand.

Bill did say they should take orders and everyone would eventually get one -- and signed when it came into the store.

I agree with Bob - let HL know what happened and they'll take care of you.

When the event piece started, I understood (perhaps erroneously) that they could only be sold on the day of the event (or pre-sold before for signing at the event and shipment after). They were to return any unsold ones to Harbour Lights. That mostly held up in 1996, but in 1997, they seemed to be available at dealers well after the event.

"Perhaps this short-shipment and complete the order later" policy(?) is to assure that this doesn't happen as much.

John

Re: Sales of Event Exclusives #9414 01/10/99 12:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen Roosevelt Island for sale at two different dealers, neither of whom had an event. As a matter of fact I bought one(at retail) and it was even signed.
"the lightkeeper"---Mike

Re: Sales of Event Exclusives #9415 01/11/99 12:18 PM
Rich Offline
I attended an event signing in late November and, due to the turnout, there were not enough of the event pieces to go around. The dealer took rain checks and eventually everyone got the piece, including signature. It looks like H/L did the right thing in this instance.

Re: Sales of Event Exclusives #9416 01/19/99 07:22 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
I was able to buy the Roosevelt Island EP today, signed, at a local dealer for $25. They had one other, not signed.

Re: Sales of Event Exclusives #9417 01/23/99 12:44 AM
H
Harry R Offline OP
OP Offline
H
This is what I was told by Zina at HL-

"Regarding the selling of the event pieces...the stores can actually pre-sell the lighthouses once they hear that they've been approved for an event but they are not able to let those pieces leave the store until the day of the event & after. So it really just depends on when the store receives notification. So...you can always call a store before the event & pre-order the piece but most likely you won't be able to receive it until after the event."

Harry R

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DANIEL, Rock, Dave H), 1,582 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users