cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HL Generosity #9342 12/20/02 08:54 PM
Shirin Offline OP
OP Offline
Just thought I'd post a couple of pics of HL's gift to the Sandy Hook Lighthouse Volunteers. When asked for 2 door prizes for our Holiday dinner HL sent 2 Sandy Hook GLOW's and a Sandy Hook Little Light for each of us. What a great surprise. As you can tell from the pictures, we were all very happy. Thanks HL!

shirin

Shirin
Re: HL Generosity #9343 12/20/02 11:06 PM
RezmanDale Offline
Wow Shirin, HL sure is generous. Great picture to by the way. I don't think I have ever heard of a company as generous as they are. That makes collecting HL's that much more special laugh .

Dale

Re: HL Generosity #9344 12/20/02 11:09 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Great pictures Shirin. Looks like everyone is having a great time. I agree with Dale, HL is definitely a generous company. Makes for a great evening when everyone goes home with a little something.

Bert smile

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: HL Generosity #9345 12/20/02 11:24 PM
Shirin Offline OP
OP Offline
Oops. Forgot to mention that the photos are courtesy of Al Smith our volunteer coordinator. He and his wife BJ have really worked hard to put together the volunteer program. Without them I'm not sure there would be tours of the light.

shirin

Shirin
Re: HL Generosity #9346 12/20/02 11:57 PM
Ron Offline
Shirin, You sure had a great turnout at the Holiday dinner. Glad to see that Harbour lights made everyones evening. smile

Re: HL Generosity #9347 12/21/02 01:38 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Shirin,

Looks good to me. I would have liked to be there, but just didn't feel right about it.

Al & BJ are the heart and soul of Sandy Hook. I don't mean to shortchange any of the other volunteers, but I agree with you , except for one point- I'd change it to the Smith Family. mike is almost as indespensible to the operation as are his Mother and Father.

BJ gave me my Sandy Hook LLOM at the NJLHS Meeting on 12-7.

I'll also agree with the fact that HL is one of the most generous companies around- they do so much for the restoration of Lighthouses all over.

Many lighthouses would be in shambles without their assistance and generosity to the many Lighthouse Restoration Groups out there, not to mention the fact that many of those groups started in no small part because their members were HL Wackos.

One last point- I'd also like to thank Shirin for her hard work in so many organizations- this woman is amazing in her ability to spread herself around to many different organizations.

Dennis

Re: HL Generosity #9348 12/21/02 04:46 PM
shiulong Offline
Wacko
Wacko
They have done several for us also including a GOLD Eddystone! They are always full of suprises. I was glad to see a part of the Oak Island money going to the Light. Their continued giving is what seperates them from the rest of the Industry. Of course there is the fine people working there and we must mention a great product!

It looks like everyone was having a great time with lots of food.

Merry Christmas and Joyful Holidays everyone.

Chuck laugh

bigdragon
Re: HL Generosity #9349 12/21/02 07:48 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Chuck,

That's another thing about Al & BJ- they make great food.

If they are running a function and doing the food you won't go home hungry and you'll like it all.

Al does a mean grill and BJ makes a great Hot Roast Beef sandwich (among other things)

Dennis

Re: HL Generosity #9350 12/22/02 07:41 AM
shiulong Offline
Wacko
Wacko
All this talk of food is making me hungry. Let's see the first day of winter and 70 degrees out eek I think it is time to fire up the grill. Any good recipes from up north?

Chuck laugh

bigdragon
Re: HL Generosity #9351 12/25/02 02:28 PM
lhlover Offline
I have to say that I was honored to meet Nancy and Bill Younger at the last Regional Event. Their products, lighthouse knowledge and their overall love for lighthouses is amazing and heartwarming. I know that the Lighthouses of the US are in good hands as long as these people are here with their helping hands, our goals of saving the Lighthouses of America will only benefit with the beautiful detail and work that goes into each and every replica Harbour Lights makes. Weather it be Limited Editions, Society Pieces, the sometimes hated GLOWS, and even the little lights. With every one that is made, maybe one or two more people will stop, take a look at the HL piece, purchase, and become interested in lighthouses. It only takes a small spark to ignite the flame of love for lighthouses and Harbour Lights does a great job in starting that fire. smile

Thank you Harbour Lights for EVERY THING you have gone! We look forward to your continuing dedication to the Lighthouses of the US and around the world and we look forward to adding your replicas to our growing collection.

BonnieJean
bjexum@floridalighthouses.org
Visit: www.floridalighthouses.org

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,362 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users