Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: American Idol #92547 05/24/06 10:51 AM
Lighthouser Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Actually, they didn't have a lot of choice. As in the other weeks, the producers gave them a genre to sing. This week in the final, Kat and Taylor had to pick two songs they had previously performed, and then were given the original for the third.

Obviously, they each tried to pick two that the judges had previously sung high (or higher) praises.

Those two originals ( they are to record these?? :rolleyes: ??), I don't know. Maybe done in a recording studio they might have a chance.

Judy
Re: American Idol #92548 05/25/06 12:11 AM
Tammy Wolfe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Last night was disappointing. However, I thought the finale tonight was great. IMO the best singer didn't win. (I think Elliott, Chris and Kat are much better singers than Taylor. Paris, too, but I didn't always like her song choices.) But Taylor is a lot of fun, and he really connects with the audience. Though my favorite didn't win, it was a great season.

Re: American Idol #92549 05/25/06 12:41 AM
Jenifer Selwa Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
The finale was AWESOME!!! Definitely the best one yet. They could have done without Prince though, LOL! Chris or Mandisa should have won, but I loved Paris and Lisa, too. Kat will make a big dent in Broadway for sure. I don't think her debut single she sang last night is going to go far, though...it stunk! Taylor's wasn't much better but at least he made the song his with his style. So glad he won!!

Re: American Idol #92550 05/25/06 12:54 AM
HCS Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Boy they said artist were lining up to be on Idol, they weren't kidding. Sorry you did not like Prince, Jen. He shot himself in the foot with all his name changes, but otherwise I think he is talented.
Even though Taylor won, I think many of the 12 will do well - the tour alone which is selling out faster than they can arrange venues, will give them loads of exposure.
HCS

Re: American Idol #92551 05/25/06 01:09 AM
Lighthouser Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
The Richmond VA Tour tickets sold out in 15 minutes. The group CD available nationally today is no where to be found in my area. Merchants say they disappeared off the shelves as fast as they could put them up.

The local FOX station just did a special about Elliot's run on the show, and made HUGE hints at big announcements coming up about his future .

VA honored Elliot on the Senate floor today.

Congrats to Taylor.

And oh my, I got to see CLAY tonight!!!!!!
laugh smile cool

Judy
Re: American Idol #92552 05/25/06 10:18 AM
Tammy Wolfe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
That Clay segment was great. I'd heard ahead of time that he was going to be on the show. At first I thought it was mean that they had that kid who won the impersonation sing. That kid is brave. But that really made his day to sing with Clay!

I'm not as fond of Prince's current music. However, I was a huge Prince fan for many years and really enjoyed one of his concerts in the 80's. He is a very talented musician. He is a songwriter and taught himself how to play a lot of instruments. I was actually surprised that he was on the show.

Re: American Idol #92553 05/26/06 05:45 AM
Lighthouse Duo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Boy I am getting curious ... we get the Idol shows on our cable TV on Fridays. So tonight I will be glued to the screen ...
It sounds like the shows were WOW
We already know Taylor won - not my choice at all! But I am looking forward to seeing Chris again. And Paris and Mandisa ....
Good luck to all 12 for their future! (Which is assured for all I think! wink )

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bob Ott 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 872 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users