Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The ToGoZone-quard.com virus #91285 11/16/09 02:48 PM
S
Space Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Last night I got hit with the togozone virus.
It is a virus that tells you that you have a virus so that you load in the fix which down loads the virus.

I was surfing last night when all of a sudden a screen pops up telling me that I have been just infected with 12 viruses and I need to fix it with the support button that will load in a program called ToGoZone-quard.com. This support was to remove all of the infected viruses. The viruses names which included around 5 Trojans, a couple of the worm viruses and spy ware, were flashing in red like watching a old startreck series with the red alert lights blinking in my face.

My first clue that this was not a legitimate fix was that it was not from my virus protection software and when I checked it, a box came up and asked if I felt this was a trusted site. I tried to cancel the alert and it would not go away and just kept adding more dialog boxes with the support fix that it wanted me to download. The more I canceled it the more dialog boxes I ended up with.

So I took the name of the virus fix and goggled it. I found out that it was a virus not a fix.
I ran my virus scan that came up with nothing so I decided to get serious with removing this site. I picked the group Internet close to try and shut everything down. When I did that, it gave me a warning that this could crash my computer and I need to load in the support fix immediately. I gave it some thought and decided to close the site.

I pushed the button and the virus warning site ceased to exist and my computer resumed on its marry way. Everything is fine now and looking back I could see that if I panicked and loaded in the fictitious virus fix, I would have loaded in a virus and probably would not be writing this story now. The virus fix really looked legitimate like a real window program designed to help you to remove the viruses. Don’t fall for this trick.

Space Cadet
Re: The ToGoZone-quard.com virus #91286 11/17/09 12:41 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
It certainly pays to have a good virus protection software and some common sense. Glad you made out okay.

smile Bob

Moderated by  Bob Ott 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 832 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users