Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85263 03/20/08 09:25 PM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm not too surprised at this news. They weren't ever as hot as the lighthouses. Good idea but not a big collectible market for them. Looks like Youngers are pretty free of the collectible business other than appearances.

Judy

Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85264 03/20/08 10:14 PM
bright eyes Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Glad to hear that the Youngers are free to do what they want to do, whenever they want to do it, or not to do it whenever they don't want to.....that is retirement! wink

Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85265 03/20/08 11:33 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
The balloon thing was worth a try, but with the small amount of people that are actually involved or like ballooning, it wasn't the greatest venture in the business world. Maybe twenty years from now these ill-fated Skybound Balloons may be sought after, but right now they are not.

:rolleyes: Bob

Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85266 03/21/08 12:22 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
I have a few. A gift from Bill with a baseball field that reminded him of me, and one I purchased 'Paris' to give to MaryAnn to commemorate a recent trip. Bill had told me that they had a big Real Estate company giving them out to purchasers with their Logo after a sale.

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85267 03/21/08 07:52 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
I would venture a guess that the balloons actually did better than you realize. They would also custom paint a quantity of the balloons to match yours if they already made a similar envelope style. I do believe the real estate company was ReMax.

Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85268 03/22/08 10:17 AM
Cyndi Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I always liked the ballons. They reminded me of growing up in Southern California and always watching the ballons flying by the house. But I never bought any because of lack of display space.

Cyndi
Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85269 06/28/08 09:53 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
John
Here goes the scolding again.
Because you could not post this earth shaking news about Skybound on one of the Collecting forums (like Harbour lights products) or the General forum, I missed it and luckily bumped into it today. The news is now 3 months old and I started to catch on by following ebay that something was up.

I have told you before and collectors agreed with me. Posting about a Harbour light products should go under the Harbour Light Products forum, even if the product changed owners. And even then the new owner is Kim, how in the world is that not related to Harbour Lights. Harbour Lights use to make these and have the Harbour Light name on them, (many still does) not younger and Assoc. These were actual HL products that was on the Harbour Light website as a Harbour Light not a Younger and Associate product.

The “nothing to do with anything” should be used for topics like; How to remove warts, or “Are there really some types of sugars that help dissolves fat?” It should not be used for things related to Harbour lights and the Younger family.

John sometimes you need to think green.

Sky-Bound research

DANIEL
Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85270 06/28/08 01:04 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Daniel, I believe Skybound was a Y&A line, not a HL line. Using your argument, we should have also posted all the news about the purse line when that was explored, and had detailed news about the ornament hangers and the cell phone chargers.

I think many of us probably own a Skybound product, and that some folk probably have a number of them. However, I think their collectors were from a different group of folks. I certainly appreciated the beauty and quality, and many of the settings used on the base for the balloon, but I certainly had no intention or desire to collect that line also.

Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85271 06/28/08 01:52 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Actually they started out a Harbour Lights product. If anyone has SB001, Memories of Paris, it states Harbour Lights underneat.

I guess the new owners didn't purchase this part of the Younger & Associates part of the company. The later ones only say Younger & Associates.

Even though some of them say Harbour Lights, I don't think they belong in the "Collecting" forums. I see this as for Lighthouse related collecting only (IMHO). A good place might be the Generial Forum???

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85272 06/28/08 09:56 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Quote:
Originally posted by DANIEL:
John

Here goes the scolding again.

Because you could not post this earth shaking news about Skybound on one of the Collecting forums (like Harbour lights products) or the General forum, I missed it and luckily bumped into it today. The news is now 3 months old and I started to catch on by following ebay that something was up.

I have told you before and collectors agreed with me. Posting about a Harbour light products should go under the Harbour Light Products forum, even if the product changed owners. And even then the new owner is Kim, how in the world is that not related to Harbour Lights. Harbour Lights use to make these and have the Harbour Light name on them, (many still does) not younger and Assoc. These were actual HL products that was on the Harbour Light website as a Harbour Light not a Younger and Associate product.

The “nothing to do with anything” should be used for topics like; How to remove warts, or “Are there really some types of sugars that help dissolves fat?” It should not be used for things related to Harbour lights and the Younger family.

John sometimes you need to think green.

Sky-Bound research
Green - as in you want to buy LighthouseKeepers.com?

It certainly would be for sale, Daniel -- at the right price. Check the couch and chairs for loose change and check your investments and make me an offer I can't refuse.

You can then post the SkyBound Balloon information where ever you'd like!

Meanwhile, as the Editor of "The Official Collectors Guide to Harbour Lights", I'll continue to count SkyBound as a Younger & Associates product -- part of their history. Y&A also made the "Knights of the Not So Round Table".

0 :>[ St. Scolded of the Internet

P.S. to all - it looks like the 'official site' is down and now forwards to someone who has acquired a large stock of SkyBound stuff. If you are looking for a particular one, check that link at the top out. I saw a "Canadian Flight" one that I hadn't seen before.

Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85273 06/29/08 12:01 AM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Can anyone tell me which ones had lighthouses?
HCS

Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85274 06/29/08 12:47 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Daniel, I believe Sky bound was a Y&A line, not a HL line. Using your argument,
I have been saying over and over again that those that were made originally by the younger family have the made by Harbour Lights on them. They were a Harbour Light Product.
Quote:

We should have also posted all the news about the purse line when that was explored, and had detailed news about the ornament hangers and the cell phone chargers.
DAVE YOU ARE GETTING CARRED AWAY. We are talking collectables only. Even still we use to learn about The Younger and assoc products on the general forum not the "not to do with anything"

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/cgi-bin/forumscgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001716

The last post on the Harbour light general products was back in October of last year, what would have it hurt if one post was inserted about the Sky-bound news?

Quote:
Meanwhile, as the Editor of "The Official Collectors Guide to Harbour Lights", I'll continue to count SkyBound as a Younger & Associates product -- part of their history. Y&A also made the "Knights of the Not So Round Table".
Just because you decide that something is no longer a Harbour Light product does not make it not a Harbour light product. Many still have Harbour Lights written on them, not younger and Associates.

Quote:

It certainly would be for sale, Daniel -- at the right price. Check the couch and chairs for loose change and check your investments and make me an offer I can't refuse.

You can then post the Sky Bound Balloon information wherever you'd like!
I can do that now and keep my loose change: wink

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=56;t=000038;p=1#000001

My main issue is that the balloons are collectables once made by Harbour lights. Why can’t they be discussed on this forum with out them being hid in a folder that is not related to anything, Is that too much to ask? Am I the only one that sees that?

DANIEL
Re: Skybound Balloons Grounded #85275 06/29/08 07:54 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Daniel. you are having a perfectly fine discussion about this non-lighthouse product now . . . .

Moderated by  Bob Ott 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 832 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users