You're lucky you just collect Harbour Lights... #8404 01/17/99 06:13 AM
J
JTimothyA Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
J
...and you're not a Star Wars Wacko.

So, its late and I'm cruising around the net, and figure its been several months since I looked at E-Bay. So what do I find? A bidding war for a Star Wars Special Edition Hummer. Yep, thats not a typo - a one of a kind Hummer - supposedly the prize in some Taco Bell contest, loaded with options, got a picture of DV himself on the side, and autographed by original cast members.

36 bids since Friday! Current high bid is $55,500, the reserve is not met, and buyer must pay shipping!

And you thought Burrows Island was expensive.

Rgds,
__
/im ["Why? Because he's got a thermal detenator"]

Re: You're lucky you just collect Harbour Lights... #8405 01/17/99 12:19 PM
L
LuvLights2 Offline
L

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 01-17-99).]

Re: You're lucky you just collect Harbour Lights... #8406 01/17/99 06:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sean, you'll also have room for the beaver's tree. If you could talk Bill in to it you could have a signing event right inside the Hummer.

And $55,000. would a bargain for a loaded Hummer, but maybe since Star Wars was action/space battle film maybe the Hummer up for auction is the military version loaded with the anti aircraft hardware, heavy armour and other goodies making it worth much more that the civilan model. I think the goverment pays 3-5 million for a vehicle with a value of $125,000. so this is looking like a steal at that price.

Now had this been the Harbour lights limited edition Hummer signed and driven by Bill Younger during rush hour traffic on Los Angels freeways complete with bullet holes from a lane change gone bad, This might be enough to send Rod over the edge during the bidding, leaving him wearing the white jacket with the 6 foot sleeves for the rest of his life.

From the showroom floor,
Mark

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 872 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users