Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tighter Security at Plum Island Light #80383 08/25/02 06:20 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Due to a tip of a possible breech of security at the Plum Island Light, the "secret weapon" has been unleashed in hopes of warding off any unauthorized entry to the facility.

A similar secret weapon has also been deployed in the Town of Orient, Long Island, NY.

You sure grow them big out there, Mr. Scroope!

smile Bob smile

Re: Tighter Security at Plum Island Light #80384 08/25/02 11:25 PM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
Ever wonder where jokes come from? Like anything else they go through testing and focus groups. Here's an early version of a famous bit of humor, that had not quite reached its final form yet.

------------------------------------------
PIADC: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Naval Vessel: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collision.

PIADC: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Naval Vessel: This is the aircraft carrier US MoreLighthousesInLongIsland, We are accompanied with three Gold Fort Tompkins, a 1986 Chevy Corvette and numerous support vessels. I DEMAND that you change your course 15 degrees north. I say again, that's one-five degrees north, or counter-measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

PIADC: This is the Giant Rat of Plum Island. I am 90 stories tall, have irradiating eyes, and fleas the size of Weimaraners. Your call.
------------------------------------------

Ever wonder where Japanese horror movies come from...

Re: Tighter Security at Plum Island Light #80385 08/26/02 10:33 AM
DMancini Offline
laugh laugh laugh

Actually, in case you haven't heard, there are some maintenance and support workers at PIADC that are on strike. Of course, that leads to concerns about additional potentially hazardous situtations that may be occuring over there. frown

Diane
Re: Tighter Security at Plum Island Light #80386 08/26/02 10:55 AM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
As Diane said there is a labor dispute of maintenance workers at Plum Island. "The Rat" is a recent phenomenom that I first saw in labor disputes about two years ago. It must now be a good business because I saw one in Amityville in front of a school Friday.
New security and possible change of Federal departments at Plum Island are cause for concern in our efforts for restoration.
If that first picture was for real, it would certainly get some attention ala 'Godzilla'. LOL
Very good, Bob.

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Tighter Security at Plum Island Light #80387 08/26/02 01:51 PM
Randy Kremer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Bob, maybe a better title would be ...

"Attack at Plum Island Light!!!"

laugh laugh laugh

Re: Tighter Security at Plum Island Light #80388 08/26/02 10:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I probably saw my first "Union" rat about 5 years ago in the Chicago area, and one of the unions in the Chicago area even has a green station wagon with a rat about 6' long permenantly mounted on the roof for quick dispatch to the scene of management/labor dispute.

here's one I found on the web
http://www.iuoe399.org/gfx_tp_3/ratmobile1.jpg

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,348 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users