Print Thread
I hear that blower comin' #79680 08/27/02 01:25 AM
J
JTimothyA Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
J
While we don't have any giant rats here at the FSB, we do get lottsa snow. And since we started staying open year round its never too early to think about gettin rid of it.

When the railroad put in that shunt siding a few miles down the coast, we figured folks might be taking the midnight special to come stay with us - and they might just come in the dead of Winter. No sense in turning 'em away cuz of a few drifts. So last spring we put this baby on layaway down at the Farm N Fleet...

The Business End of the FSB Track Plow

Re: I hear that blower comin' #79681 08/27/02 11:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had to retire the old one

And we had this beauty for a while before we fell behind in the payments and blind Tony repossessed it.

But I think the change will be good, the blower type will be much easier to use since the other two required Tim and I to push the old plow types with the Yugo and that just wasn't working out to well.

Re: I hear that blower comin' #79682 08/27/02 03:57 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Will the FSB be offering Blower Rides this Winter -- and if so, what kind are the details?

Re: I hear that blower comin' #79683 08/28/02 03:02 AM
J
JTimothyA Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
J
Oh sure, somebody's poodle runs onto the track and gets tossed a hunnert yards... I don't think even Leftons of London will insure blower rides. With our liability rates we can't take the sub beneath periscope depth.

But, gee, maybe we could get folks to sign a waiver - yeah, thats the ticket - a waiver. Hey Quimby, can you find some kinda form on the web that looks real legal and covers our butt?

Maybe we could charge people just to look at it ... with a couple feet of snow in full blow mode, it is mighty impressive. Especially with good lighting at night.

And then there's bumper stickers - yeah thats the ticket - bumper stickers put on your car while you're inside... Blown Away at the FSB.

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,235 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users