Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78961 06/17/01 03:02 AM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Mr. and Mrs. Saint JtimothyA each.... yes I said "each" won a Gold Plated Pewter St. George light at the Chicago Regional. I felt that the picture of the well deserving couple should be posted in Tim's Fog Signal Building Forum.

I can hear the foghorn's blaring in celebration all over the Great Lakes tonight. It was a terrific bonus, when Mark Wagner (the other big guy on the back row), Cruise Director, also won tonight a GP St. George Lighthouse... Mark hangs in the Fog Signal Building a lot also!!!

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
edited to change one 'Mr'. to Mrs. thats my wife you're talk'n 'bout, & fix spelling on Marko's name :-)
__
/

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 06-17-2001).]

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78962 06/18/01 01:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just after the picture was taken Tim leans over to me and says "I thought you was on duty at the Fog Signal Building" and I said I thought you was on duty tonight. Well, our worst fears were confirmed when we got back - The Yugo was up on blocks with all the tires missing, And they tried to break into the FSB too but Parkay (the hot buttered cat) and Fifi the FSB guard poodle defended the FSB well, some of the furniture was thrown around in the battle but nothing was missing. Tim's naughahyde bar will have to be repaired, but we will be open for happy hour by 8:30am Monday morning. Tim called the insurance company and they said we were covered for the loss of the tires for $300.00 and our insurance man told us had the Yugo been stolen or destroyed we would have only gotten $100 for the Yugo, go figure!

And a very heartfelt thanks to ALL the Harbour Lights gang for putting on a great event, and especially Bill who pulled my ticket for the GP Cape St. George. Tim and I put a little pine tar on out tickets and when bill reached into the box to draw tickets our tickets were stuck to his hand and arm along with some pocket lint. But seriously Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You and Thank you again
[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 06-17-2001).]

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78963 06/18/01 02:17 AM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
Those with a periodic table of elements handy will understand what I mean when I say the vicissitudes of fortune and the constellations of coincidence were truly smiling Saturday night on people whose last name begins with Au. Whoa! Never in our our six years of collecting has anything more surprising and fantastic happened to us. Earlier in the evening I won a door prize of the Point Betsie LE, so yes, with a slightly red (but happy) face I don't think its an understatement to declare this as quite a haul!

The Chicago Regional was a blast. Lotsa Wackos on hand to share in the festivities. In the afternoon we all attended Bill's seminar where he presented Jakers with the winning 'Collector's Choice' model - a beautiful Sherwood Point AP. Nana won a fantastic USLHS trip. Lots of LE's given out.

This was a rare 'Kim-free' Bill talk - so he was on the loose! During his talk Bill revealed some news that may be of interest - we haven't heard the last of BoB. Planet Fresnel News Wire followed up on this hint and has learned that a certain tidbit of information about DNA testing has not yet come to public light. Stay tuned. Bill talked about Winstanley and the building of the Eddystone light. We learned that Mo gets a $500 bonus everytime Bill fires her! And be careful if you've got a cake out when Bill's around - he may swipe the frosting with his finger!

Of course the collectors show was also a highlight as we got to see all of the new models. Recalling comments from the crowd as they passed by - the pieces drawing the most oohs and ahhs were the Long Beach re-construction model, Sherwood Point, Bremerhaven and Cedar Keys. The Anchor Bay Coast Guard cutter with its orange Zodiac onboard is quite splendid as it drives through roiling water.

The Regional included lots of fun games (darts, bean bag tic-tac-toe, and a ring toss) where collectors could win great HL prizes. Kim Fuller (Mr. Ring Toss) won something like 327 Little Lights - just kidding, but it was alot! Of course Bill was in true form with his signing pen. Two clubs were on hand - the nascent Hoosier Harbour Lights Club and the Harbour Lights Collectors Club - Great Lakes District. Each was raising money through the sale of raffle tickets for neat prizes (a Digger drawing and an Eagle Bluff AP for example.) There was a real nice exhibit by Boy Scout Troop 4(?) from Ann Arbor Michigan explaining their work to restore the St. Helena lighthouse (pronounced 'St. Helene - silent 'a').

Eventually we found the chow line. A tasty spread compliments of Harbour Lights. After dinner while we were enjoying cake and coffee (cake by the way which Bill invited anyone to take a swipe out of) the awards ceremony and prize drawings began. We heard a talk from Mr. Wise about the scout troop restoring St. Helena and also heard from two of the Scouts who worked on this project as part of getting their Eagle. It was really great to learn of the interest, dedication, and hard work these Scouts brought to bear in doing lighthouse preservation - they received a well-deserved standing ovation from the crowd. Bill presented each with a St. Helena LE and made a fat donation to help continue the restoration project. The money collected from the prize games was donated to continuing the restoration of the Pottawatomie Lighthouse adopted by the Great Lakes club as their project. (A lighthouse in Door County, which by the way has more lighthouses packed along its shores than the entire state of Idaho.)

Lots of great HL models handed out as door prize drawings. Ken Reese won a beautiful Digger pencil drawing of Michigan City as part of the Hoosier club's raffle. Forum Wackos were of course well represented as gold and pewter Cape St. George pieces also went to Marko and Randy Kremer. (Kinda heavy little model - Mark is using his in the FSB laboratory as a door stop.)

Afterwards we all made it back to Club Quarters where we sat in the bar and had a real-world chat. For me, this was a splendid conclusion to an amazing day. The fellowship and comaraderie we share is really what makes this hobby so enjoyable. It was great to associate faces with forum names and lots of new friends were made. Wackos from all around the country gathered together, laughing and joking and telling tales and doing what we do best - talking lighthouses. This was one of the very best HL events I've ever attended!

Gleaming from the FogSignal Building,
__
/im

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 06-18-2001).]

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78964 06/18/01 03:33 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Just Amazing - 4 of the 5 Gold Plated pieces were won by Forumites. (Well Sue A. is related to a Forumite.)

Way to go Tim. Bill was a bit taken-aback when he relized that the same family won two - but prefaced naming Tim by saying "You all saw me pull these names from the bag."

Tim had already let out a fist-pumping yelp when his better half's name was called. I think he was speechless -- but with an ear-to-ear grin -- when HIS name was called.

Later he said just for a moment he was a bit embarassed that the Aucremanns should take home TWO of the 5 pieces (40%), but he quickly got over that.

Congrats also to Mark and Randy. Mark's dad attended the Regional with him - and I think he was quite happy and proud of Mark.

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78965 06/18/01 08:52 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hey Tim, ...Is it true you and the bride have sent your two gold-plated Cape St. Georges' to the FSB's Engineering Divison and Machine Shop for conversion into "salt & pepper" shakers?

Don't let Mr. "T" see those wonderful gold-plated treasures from HL. He would want to add those to the collection of gold he wears around his neck.

It looks like you guys had a great time last weekend. I'm truly jealous!

Bob

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78966 06/18/01 01:50 PM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
"Just Amazing - 4 of the 5 Gold Plated pieces were won by Forumites."
More amazing John, is the fact that the fifth was won by a young lady who told me that she has been a "lurker" for quite some time now and she has promised to join us in an upcoming chat. We will look for you Rhonda!
Jim
Johnson

[This message has been edited by JimJohnson (edited 06-18-2001).]

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78967 06/18/01 06:49 PM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Just look at the smiles on all their faces...Congratulations to all of you for winning this great prize...Rhonda, jump in here now that you know some of us WACKO's...you'll like it...

Ruthie

[This message has been edited by MrsTLC (edited 06-18-2001).]

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78968 06/18/01 07:45 PM
N
Nana Offline
N
Congratulations to ALL of the smiling folks in this photo. I know they were more than happy to put those nice heavy HL exclusives in their curio. We were all delighted that so many of our Wacko friends went home with this piece. Rhonda, this is your jumping in time....we are all waiting for you!
Derith

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78969 06/18/01 11:51 PM
K
keeperpam2 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
K
Rhonda was still "shaking" when she came back to her seat. One excited young lady!!
Way to go! We know you'll show up here pretty soon, once the excitement has wore down a bit.
Congratulations to ALL of the winners this weekend. Didn't we all go home with a winning attitude, knowing that we are a lucky bunch to have such great friends!
A weekend I will not soon forget,
Pam

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78970 06/20/01 08:48 AM
Digger Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Admit it Tim, you were "GLOWING"!

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78971 06/20/01 11:07 AM
Torchbearer Offline
CONGRATULATIONS to our own, Tim and his lovely bride, and of course to Mark and Rhonda! I can't think of anyone more deserving than you! Timoteo... gleam away!!!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78972 06/20/01 10:38 PM
R
Rhonda Offline
R
Okay Here Goes.
I thought I would make my first post here it
only seems fitting. I think I'm still shaking a little. Thanks everyone for being
so nice Saturday. I had a SUPER night. I still can't believe I won. I do feel bad that I hadn't joined earlier someone said everyone else were already forum members.
No longer a lurker now a Newbie!!!Yeah!!!
Thanks again to Harbour Lights.

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78973 06/20/01 11:11 PM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
The FogSignal Building is honored to have your first post, Rhonda. Welcome to the Forums. And congrats - we're now 5 for 5!

Nice to see you find no shame in referring to yourself as a 'Newbie'.
__
/im

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 06-21-2001).]

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78974 06/20/01 11:33 PM
Lainey1973 Offline
Welcome Rhonda we are glad you are on your way to becoming a Wacko!!
I second the excitement everyone feels about the weekend I had a truly awesome time
it was my first event and it will not be my last!!

A DAY ISN'T A DAY UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN A LIGHT!!
LAINEY wink
Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78975 06/21/01 01:58 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Rhonda, you do realize that "newbies" can only keep their prizes for a year don't you?

Just kidding!!!

Welcome, it was fun seeing you win and the excitment it brought you.

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78976 06/21/01 02:03 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Congrats, Rhonda - on winning the Gold Plated one and on joining us in the Forums. This time next year, you'll be an old hand at this.

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78977 06/21/01 02:05 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Congratulations on your fantastic prize and first post, Rhonda. Now that you have "broken the ice" we expect you to be a regular participant - after all, you have shot to instant fame, right up there with the likes of Tim, Mark & Randy.

Dave

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78978 06/21/01 07:49 AM
bright eyes Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Welcome and Congrats to Rhonda!

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78979 06/21/01 09:03 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Congrats, Rhonda, and welcome to the Forum!

Did you notice there's a gold-plated Cape St. George for sale at the CF's Marketplace? The owner is asking $4000. I guess you won quite a prize. It will be very interesting to see what price a GPCSG will bring. Have any of them been offered on eBay yet?

Bob

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78980 06/21/01 11:35 AM
K
keeperpam2 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
K
Yea Rhonda
Welcome to the forums, and congrats!
Hope to see you at other lighthouse celebrations, since you live so close. Well, almost.
Pam

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78981 06/21/01 01:42 PM
N
Nana Offline
N
Hey Rhonda it's so good to have you with us!

Congratulations again on your Cape St. George and on becoming an instant celeb!

Keep telling your Mom she needs to join the
Tampa Bay HL Club.

Derith

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78982 06/21/01 02:44 PM
Randy Kremer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Bob, I will tell you one thing, mine will NEVER be for sale!!!

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78983 06/21/01 05:33 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Hey Tim and Sue, have you picked a worthy WACKO to award your twin too? Oh, I guess you'll be like Paul and raise your twins by yourselves. LOL
Congrats to all you lucky dogs!

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78984 06/21/01 09:46 PM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Rhonda, so glad you decided to join us here on the forum...you are among some really nice people here and from meeting you, you will fit in quite nice...Congrats & enjoy!

Ruthie

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78985 06/22/01 11:27 AM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
I just noticed Tim and Mark showing off their big mits palming those golden Georges!

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78986 06/22/01 11:45 AM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Goldplated lighthouse palming is a Great Midwestern sport, Bob!

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78987 06/22/01 05:28 PM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Congrats to all the golden winners and a big welcome to Rhonda. Glad that you took the jump and we will look for you in our chats.
Jim
Johnson

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78988 06/23/01 01:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paul, I believe that was a reference to the first place Fighting Lightkeepers

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78989 06/23/01 02:13 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Mark,

Didn't realize the Fighting Lightkeepers were baack in action this year. Perhaps you can share a report on how the team is doing (in a new thread, of course.)

Dave

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78990 06/23/01 12:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Dave, with a few paroles and a handfull of work release programs it looks like there will be a season after all.

Re: GP St. George Lighthouses for the Aucremann's #78991 06/23/01 11:21 PM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
>>Goldplated lighthouse palming is a Great Midwestern sport, Bob!<<

Yep - we're just a bunch of palm pilots. :-)

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,278 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users