Print Thread
Night of the Wacko Zombie #78080 10/01/02 01:21 AM
J
JTimothyA Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
J
So I'm reading back posts in one of the high rent forums and I run across this little interchange:

--snip------------------------------------
The FogSignal Players present: Night of the Living Wacko-Zombie...

[Wife] "Dear, I thought you went to the store to buy Hillsboro".
[Husband] "Uh, er, yes - I did go."
[Wife] "Honey - this isn't Hillsboro. Its a set of miniature ceramic thimbles depicting scenes from the Battle of Waterloo."
[Husband] "Oh. Ok. Well, just put them in case number four - next to Biloxi. I'll go gas up the car."

--snip------------------------------------
(names changed to protect the wacky]

So the question is: Are you a Wacko Zombie?

What the heck is he yammering about now...

Do you buy them all? Are you a Collector so dedicated that if Harbour Lights makes a nauticalesque thingie, you'll buy it?

And if you do buy them all - how many are you missing?

I was a Wacko Zombie. (audience: "Hi Tim") Until almost through the 10,000 series. Still plenty nuts but outta display space. Now I limit myself to Great Lakes pieces and those that'll be harder to come by down the road and others that strike my fancy with a 'whap'.

How 'bout you? Are you a Wacko Zombie?

Living Free in the FSB,
__
/im

Re: Night of the Wacko Zombie #78081 10/02/02 11:51 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I still buy them all... LE's, OE's, AB's, LL's and ornaments but I don't have that set of miniature ceramic thimbles depicting scenes from the Battle of Waterloo.... how did I miss those!

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Night of the Wacko Zombie #78082 10/02/02 09:02 PM
S
SThompson Offline
Administrator
Administrator
S
I'm still collecting all LE's, missing only 1st Mold Hatteras and some of the other variations, but I'm not really a variation collector so I am not persuing any of them. I do collect the Fresnel Lens . I was collecting Anchor Bay but Harbour Lights has broken my faith in them because they keep popping out Open Editions of them. I have not yet purchased the UTB or the RHI because I am waiting to see if they remain a limited edition. If they don't I am finished with Anchor Bay. I stopped collecting GLOWs in 97 when Harbour Lights decided to go "KNUTZO" and remake every LE as a GLOW! A truly offensive and rotten idea for the LE collector to have to continue to swallow!

imho

Re: Night of the Wacko Zombie #78083 10/03/02 09:20 PM
Pharologst Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I still collect selected LE's, but gave up on GLOWS along time ago. Ran out of display/box space. My collection is now limited by space, time, and $$$.

Geo H.
Re: Night of the Wacko Zombie #78084 10/03/02 11:29 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
I buy all the LE's, society stuff, ornies, etc, but no more GLOWs. I have about one-third of my collection on display. The rest of them are in their original boxes in a non-smoking home protected by a vicious Jack Russell Terrier.

Basically I have put all my "oldies" back in their boxes because the newer pieces are just that much better.

I'm still buying additional pieces (doubles) because I can't resist a deal and I feel that some day the value of our beloved HL's will definitely increase.

smile Bob smile

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,184 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users