Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wacko Mania #77979 04/09/99 05:45 PM
R
Robert M Dick Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Who is the wackiest among us? The least sane. I have a 200 year old white duck, that's what I tell my granddaughter, named Sea Girt who has a lighthouse named after her way up in New Jersey.

Can you top that?

Moby

Moby
Re: Wacko Mania #77980 04/09/99 08:43 PM
Digger Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
This one you're probably not going to believe, but my wife will confirm it.

Next to my pond I have this 3 foot wooden lighthouse. Last year appeared this amazingly tame bullfrog that we named "Oscar". What was even more amazing was that we would perch Oscar on top of the lighthouse and proceed feeding him lightening bugs (his all-time favorite food group). If you ever fed a frog lightening bugs, then, you know what happens. There it was the proud wooden sentinel faithfully protecting the narrow backyard waterway complete with "3rd Order Throat Flashing Frog". Never complained about the pay. Never left his post, always faithful till the end!

Regretfully, I will have to retire the lighthouse this year since the "Lens" was found floating, belly up this Spring. He was buried under the lighthouse with full honors where he can continue to contribute. This time as head groundskeeper (a little frog fertilizer can do wonders for petunia's). And that's the TRUTH!

Digger

[This message has been edited by Gravedigger (edited 04-17-99).]

Re: Wacko Mania #77981 04/13/99 07:32 AM
R
Robert M Dick Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Gravedigger,

Looks like there are only two real wackos in this bunch, you and me. Sorry to hear about Oscar. My "Girtie" has survived for three years with two white and one Canada geese. Brought her three mates to insure a long line of Sea Girts, but they all have dissapeared.

I promised my granddaughter to get her a Sea Girt model this year. She wants one like our duck.

Wacko Mania lives on, my friend.

Moby

Moby

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DANIEL, Rock), 1,573 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users