Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Membership Increase #77329 12/09/01 07:42 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I called Harbour Lights the other day and told them that I would certainly be willing to pay an additional $3-$4 a year to have my Legacy sent out 1st class mail. I for one am tired of waiting for the mule train to get it here to Florida and from the sounds of things, I think a lot of other people are feeling the same way. Contact HL and let them know your true feelings.

On a second note, I also asked that an optional glass case me made available to the collectors that were interested for the upcoming Ancho Bays. I suggested that they offer this case during a limited open period prior to the new AB introduction and those that were interested could purchase one directly from Harbour Lights. Harbour Lights could order only what was commited too and thus they would not be left with extras. Again, if this seems logical, let Harbour Lights know your feeling.

Call 1-800-365-1219 and ask for Customer Service. You may ask to speak to Debbie or Donna. These are the two representatives that I have the most luck with, however, all the representatives are helpful.

Rich

Rich
Re: Membership Increase #77330 12/22/01 08:45 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
It appears from the number of responses to my post that everyone is happy with the delivery of the Legacy since nobody called HL. I guess I'm the only one that would like to get the Legacy before all the news is posted on the forum. Oh well, to each his own.

Rich

Rich
Re: Membership Increase #77331 12/22/01 10:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it was Kim who address this at an event or one of the reunions, but I think it isn't as easy as "just doing it" I believe she said that they had to apply to the Postal Service to ship mail so as to have it all delivered in a short window of time. I would assume that bulk mail of this type is transported 100% by truck and none by air, taking a long time to fan out across the country, I am guessing that if it were all mailed from say Chicago it would spread out faster than S.W. corner of the country.

And those who read these forums probably get the hot news from right here anyway, and those who aren't online don't know that somebody else got theirs a week earlier anyway

Mark

Re: Membership Increase #77332 12/23/01 01:41 AM
S
SThompson Offline
Administrator
Administrator
S
Quote:
And those who read these forums probably get the hot news from right here anyway, and those who aren't online don't know that somebody else got theirs a week earlier anyway

Yep, if we boost the membership costs lets do it for more sculptures, not mailing costs.

imho

Re: Membership Increase #77333 12/24/01 06:18 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I don't feel boosting the membership for mailing cost would be a problem if it were an OPTION. For Example:

Please check one:

Regular Society Membership ($30) ________

Society Membership with 1st Class Mail ($33)________

Sure this plan presents problems. It would be more work for Harbour Lights as far as paperwork and sorting was concerned, but it would alleviate the delay some people receive in getting their Legacy. If you don't want to pay extra, don't pick the 1st class mail option.

This is just an idea. Probably never happen, but I'll put it here for sake of discussion. If it were available, I would choose this option. The $30 I pay now for a Society membership has to be one of the biggest bargains out there right now. A couple of bucks more, I wouldn't bat an eye at.

-Todd

[This message has been edited by Todd Shorkey (edited 12-24-2001).]

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,229 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users