Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Will we see more New England lights? #76598 03/13/06 12:06 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Now that the center of the Harbour Lights universe has moved from the left coast to the right coast, will we see more New England Lights than before?

I would think that Harbour Lights may lean towards producing more lights from this area because they would be better sellers in this area of the country. I would also think it may open the door for more obscure lights from New England to be afforded the opportunity to be honored with a replica HL.

I feel confident that Harbour Lights will remain true to other areas of the country to help boost interest by replicating lights from their areas too. Just the same, I can't help feeling we'll see more lights from this area than ever before.

What do you think? Will the New England area benefit with more releases from this area than ever before? Will the move to Maine give New Englanders an advantage with more lights from the east coast?

cool Bob cool

Re: Will we see more New England lights? #76599 03/13/06 01:40 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Yes
The same way that HL made many of their favorite lighthouses on the west cost during the early years. I expect Don also to make some of his New England Favorites.
Probably after the first year, he will focus on what sells and not which one he likes or even this forum likes. This may be a big blow to our ego but I don’t feel what we always want will be the big sellers. Don, being a large Seller of HL probably knows better than even HL which lights and which areas are the sellers. The other thing Don needs to review is which type of lights sell, Is it the standard L.E. or is it the GLOW.? Does a lighthouse that lights up sells better than ones that donsn't? Will we see more LLOM or will they be taken off the market? I agree with the rest, we won’t see a lot of changes this year but wait till next.

DANIEL
Re: Will we see more New England lights? #76600 03/13/06 02:19 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Given the amount of lead time it takes to develop a new light, I would agree with Daniel that we won't see any significant changes for a least a year, perhaps more.

Melody
Re: Will we see more New England lights? #76601 03/13/06 11:51 PM
beachcomber Offline
No question about it, it will be a while before we see significant changes, but we can dream, can't we? Maybe by dreaming out loud, Don will hear us. Daniel is right, though, sales is the best forecaster of what HL will produce in the future.

beachcomber
Re: Will we see more New England lights? #76602 03/14/06 12:02 AM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I hope they continue the little lights. I would be sorry to see them go!
HCS

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,052 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users