Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What is happening with Waugoshance? #76113 01/21/06 11:33 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I'm curious as to what happend to all the extra Reunion 2005 Waugoshance HL's. More often then not, after a HL Reunion, some of the extra pieces purchased by the attendees go up for sale and anxious collectors, who were unable to attend the reunion, buy them up. This doesn't seem to be happening this time.

I thought I had a deal on one but the person who was kind enough to offer to sell me one must have changed his mind because I haven't heard from him since. I don't see any at the New Marketplace. I don't see any, right now, on eBay. Where have all these extra pieces gone?

Could it be the owners are holding on to them in hopes of getting a better price some time at a later date? Could it be they are so nice that the owner can't bring themselves to part with any of their duplicates?

Recent history (eBay again) has shown us that Reunion pieces of the past are selling for much less than they did in the time immediately following the Reunion. The collectors that really made out were those who sold these treasures before the prices fell. Why isn't that happening now?

Well I guess I'm back in the market for a Waugoshance again. I do have a brand new Reunion 2001 piece for trade that I kept MIB for this purpose, or I would be willing to buy the Reunion 2005 piece if the price was right.

smile Bob smile

Re: What is happening with Waugoshance? #76114 01/21/06 05:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think as in the rest of the ebay-harbour lights, there's just not a whole lot of interest any more, the last one I see listed or compleated there were only 4 bidders and it went for $213.00, of those biddders only 3 of those were above $85.00 I have not kept track but I doubt there have been more than 15-20 full size pieces up for bid on ebay, which tells me there is not much demand (at these prices) and also not many sellers wanting to sell at prices that low.

Re: What is happening with Waugoshance? #76115 01/21/06 06:25 PM
R
ropetrick Offline
R
Mark,

I have only seen three full size Waugoschance on eBay. Two others sold as part of a group (mini plus full-size, etc.). Of course, the real Daniel keeps better stats than I do.

Dan

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,229 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users