cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75981 08/20/02 10:46 AM
rscroope Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
to a long and successful MARRIAGE?
Or does a big number anniversary draw you to collecting Harbour Lights, and saving Lighthouses?

Check the personals on all the high number anniversaries we've been celebrating this year. laugh I'll bet we're as a group much much higher than the national numbers!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75982 08/20/02 01:14 PM
ktamlin Offline
Point well made. Karen and I will be celerbrating our 40th later this year. I guess a interest in preservation applies to many things, marriage included.

John & Karen
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75983 08/20/02 02:55 PM
J
JCRice Offline
J
Boy, I HOPE that's true... I'm still short of my 2nd anniversary. Maybe I can use this as justification for adding to my HL collection laugh .

--Jeff
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75984 08/20/02 03:35 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Verrry Interesting! Amy(berriesncream) and I will be celebrating our 38th anniversary this October. Lighthouses have been an interest since 1971 when we were stationed in Norfolk, VA and at that time we had been married 7 years.

Rich cool

Rich
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75985 08/22/02 11:54 PM
Dick Johnson Offline
We just celebrated our 19th anniversary. My wife gave me my first lighthouse and has willlingly joined in, and planned, many lighthouse trips where she gives directions on where to go (the directions to lighthouses), and how to shoot interesting pictures. Together we have visited over a 100 lighthouses together since 1995 (when we started collecting HLs). She has even brought back some pictures of lighthouses she visited when I was not there and seems to enjoy this quest to "see them all" as much as I. A good example of this addiction, is that for our anniversary this year we visited the remaining 17 lighthouses of Washington that we had not seen.

If lighthouses bring as much happiness to others as is has to us, I will advocate that all people get a HL lighthouse on their wedding day, along with a subscription to Lighthouse Digest. There is something magical about this addiction that makes our relationship special.

Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75986 08/23/02 01:17 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Well, my wife has put up with me for almost 28 years.

Esther enjoys the Lighthouse hunt- she thinks that sometimes looking for the Lighthouse is more fun than actually getting there.

She's put up with planning our vacations around Lighthouses for the last few years. It's helped us get to well over 200 Lighthouses since 1999.

We'll get to a couple more in October when we take a Anniversary cruise to Bermuda.

I must be doing something right to keep her around. just luck i guess.

Dennis

Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75987 08/23/02 03:40 AM
A
ape Offline
Wacko
Wacko
A
Hmm...must be something to collecting lighthouses and being married a long time! Perhaps part of it is doing things together? We just celebrated our 33rd anniversary in June. Many happy years together and a super 31 year old son!

John & Mary smile cool laugh wink

Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75988 08/24/02 11:01 AM
T
Tim3167 Offline
T
My wife and I are coming up on our 9th anniversary. While she is not involved with my hobby, she does seem understanding at most times, and more often than not is the voice of reason when it comes tohow many new pieces I buy.

Tim

Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75989 08/26/02 05:18 AM
chris g Offline
Wacko
Wacko
We were married 19 years in August. I have only been collecting HL since April 1999. My husband has not only accepted my obsession, but he feeds it as well (does that make him an enabler?). In fact, the people at the collectibles store almost know him better than me. He has even suggested LH vacations. I do not think that having lighthouses as a third part in your marriage is a bad thing!

chris g

Chris G
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75990 08/26/02 12:01 PM
silverfox51 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Happy Aniverary to all of you!! Edith and I just had our 12th smile and lighthousing has become a common thing for us both to enjoy. We travel, we talk, we meet others who also enjoy what we do. And it gives us some time together--something very hard to do in todays world. I hope this will continue for many years to come. laugh

Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75991 09/01/02 03:10 PM
O
oseabee Offline
Administrator
Administrator
O
As far as light house collecting and interest goes since my stroke last august it hasn't had any effect on my visiting and photographing lights or my interest in collecting.
Bill O'Brien aka oseabee

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75992 09/03/02 03:49 PM
shiulong Offline
Wacko
Wacko
We just finished our 20th eek and still going strong. I have been collecting since last Nov and she hasn't filed for devoice yet and manages the budget fine inspite of my effort to kill it with HL's. I have found that the preservation/cleanup work helps with the collecting and the collecting helps with the perservation. There must be both preservation/collecting to make it work, just as there needs to be both to make the marriage work. laugh

Chuck

bigdragon
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75993 09/24/02 02:04 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
My hubby and I celebrated our 29th in May. He is not as interested in lighthouses as I am, but he does "feed" the addiction by adding to my collection as gifts for special occasions! smile
Makes it easy for him, I just hand him my Wish List and remind him a special date is coming up.
I wonder if I could start making up some new occasions? Anniversary of our first date... :p
We both put up with and are forgiving of each others flaws :rolleyes: .

Melody
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75994 09/25/02 02:25 PM
lhlover Offline
Even though my husband and I have been married only 2½ years, we do a lot of Lighthousing activities. I am active in the FLA, though my husband hates the meetings, he comes with me to as many as he can. When planning our vacations, the destination always revolves around where the most lighthouses are and how we can get to them. Two weeks ago a good friend of my husband got killed and we had to drive to Northwest Georgia to the funeral. I took the day off from work and we headed up there. After the funeral, my husband asked me what the closest Lighthouse was that I hadn't seem yet. The only lighthouse that was open & that was kind of close was Huntington Island Lighthouse in SC, so we drove the rest of the day and night to make it near Huntington. The next morning we visited the lighthouse and later that day the Tybee Lighthouse.

My husband's work takes him all of the US, but he always asks for the jobs that are located in a state that has lighthouses so that when I come visit him, we can take a few days off and visit the lighthouses in the area! My husband doesn't love lighthouses like I do (I'm still working on him wink ), but he has a respect for them. He loves the history behind them and the area. Whenever possible, we visit forts (which my husband loves), War Museums, or Nascar Speedways. This way we both win.

I believe that visiting Lighthouses and collecting HL's is good for our marriage. My husband buys me HL's, and I buy him die cast cars of Tony Stewart. We always have a possible gift for each other. And we always have lots of places to visit. smile

I figure at this rate, we'll be married forever! And I look forward to each and every day and lighthouse of it! laugh

BJE

BonnieJean
bjexum@floridalighthouses.org
Visit: www.floridalighthouses.org
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75995 09/25/02 07:17 PM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Quote:
My husband buys me HL's, and I buy him die cast cars of Tony Stewart.
GO TONY GO !!!!!! GO TONY GO !!!!!!

Stephanie

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75996 09/25/02 08:50 PM
lhlover Offline
UGH! Another Stewart Fan! :rolleyes:

Go Earnhardt! :p

BJE

BonnieJean
bjexum@floridalighthouses.org
Visit: www.floridalighthouses.org
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75997 09/25/02 09:43 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Bonnie Jean,

Sounds like you two are off to a GREAT MARRIAGE! Couples that can join each other in doing things like you do, seem to hit it off well. Sharon and I will celebrate our 25th next May and that's exactly what we do. I'm the lighthouse nut and she is into Seraphim Angels and dolls. We try to take in vacations and trips that include some of each.

We are also very fond of the seacoast and beaches, so lighthouses are a natural for the area.

You two would love New England as many lighthouses are at or very near forts. We have loads of both. If you haven't already been here, you ought to give it a try.

Bert wink

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75998 10/28/02 02:24 PM
rscroope Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Can you believe?

I was going to post all the anniversaries that were posted in the past year but in-lieu of spending my life typing...
We congratulated 26 couples!
19 were more than 20 years
and
9 were more than 30!
if we don't count the Youngers, the highest anniversary so far is 38 soon to be 39!

The above is only based on what's be posted in the personals the last year, so the real number is much higher!

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #75999 10/30/02 02:54 PM
cclighthousebuff Offline
Wacko
Wacko
My wife and I have been married 33 years. She tolerates my lighthouse passion, but thinks it's an indication that "I'm on drugs!" Come to think about it, I am! smile

Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #76000 10/31/02 01:46 AM
2beacons Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Well lets see....long marriage and collecting Harbour Lights and lighthouse preservation...some of us do this as a couple thing. Jeff and I really got started collecting Harbour Lights when the kids went off to college(more free time). Our vacations are planned around lighthouses and Nascar. Preservation came when we found this great group of people who collect Harbour Lights and adopted the Michigan City Lighthouse.

Life is good!!!!! Lighthouses are good!!!! The friends we have made collecting Harbour Lights are priceless!!!!!!

Now with a grandson in the picture we hope to take it to the next generation when he gets older.

Mary and Jeff
smile smile

Re: Is being actively involved with lighthouses and collecting Harbour Lights conducive #76001 11/01/02 01:58 AM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
Quote:
Life is good!!!!! Lighthouses are good!!!! The friends we have made collecting Harbour Lights are priceless!!!!!!
Right you are M & J ... the logical conclusion of all this sweetness and light is you really really should

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,208 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users