Next Thread
Print Thread
The Erie Land Light Forum Exclusive #74165 08/28/05 10:46 PM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Quote:
A work team was created on April 15, 2005, to help organize and guide the process of working with Harbour Lights to select, sculpt and produce an exclusive Harbour Lights lighthouse available only through the Collector Forums.

The team includes (in alphabetical order)

John Chidester (JChidester)
Rich Felter (flacoastie)
Dave Hannum (Dave H)
Daniel Kirsch (DANIEL)
Bob McKeon (Bob M)
Bob Ott (Bob Ott)
Mike Walsh (CanaFan)

Dave and John organized a team from the forum members that had early participation in the discussions of this project. The group is made up of members from around the country with diverse regional interests.

The team is a good sampling of different viewpoints and all are ardent collectors. We feel that this team approach will and has generated good feedback on this project for and on behalf of all forum members.
This was our first announcement of the existence of first harbour lights forum exclusive work team.
The idea of the forum exclusive was generated by Bob Mckeon and was quickly accepted by the forum members. A team was developed and was able to communicate across the forum thru a private team member access in what I called “the under ground pipeline” The team at this point have made over 500 post discussing and working out all the details. The team had many hurdles to jump. Who gets what numbers, how many for each collector, should it be for forum members only, which lighthouse, how much, how big, just to name a few.

The one thing that the team pulled off, is the size of the lighthouse. The exclusive is not going to be a LLOM size or even a super LLOM size. Proportionally speaking the Erie Land light is going to be the size of a LE. At 5” to 6” tall. It will be similar to the Cockspur GA Lighthouse (HL508) and Concord Point MD (HL186). The light shall never be resulptured by HL or will it have a GLOW represent it. It will be an exclusive of only 500 made. This will not be an accessory but will be the only LE made for that light. To be able to say that you have all the LE’s you will have to have this lighthouse. To be able to have all the great lake lights limited editions you will have to have this light.

The Erie Land light is not like the gold event. Even if you can’t acquire the gold event piece there are thousands of the same light that are produced as Limited editions and can be purchased reasonably. This is not the same as the many rare variations that even though they are rare there are more common LE or even glows of the same light to fill the collecting needs.

Except for the point Loma mini and the Pharos collection this is one of the two smallest productions that Harbour Lights has done. The other being the Bailey Harbour. The work team wanted to have a forum exclusive that would be special and the best way of doing that was making the small production and a size proportional to a L.E. We expect a secondary market of greater than what you pay for it. We by no means want our forum members to buy and sell the ELL (Erie Land Light) to make a profit on it. We designed it to be rare so that you can have something special that is worth more than what you paid for it. We also are allowing each member to purchase two, so members can have an extra for a friend or a family member.
The secondary Market highs for this year on ebay for the following are:

1.Bailey Harbour...$30 retail..............$140 ebay
2.Point Loma mini..FREE....................$200 ebay
3.The Pharos....$239 retail(+$40shipping)..$380 ebay

DANIEL
Re: The Erie Land Light Forum Exclusive #74166 08/29/05 08:42 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
That's a very informative post, Dan. The Erie Land Light will truly be a rare piece to add to anyone's collection. It is also important to note that all the proceeds from this very special edition will support the operation of the Collector Forums with a portion also going to lighthouse restoration.

smile Bob smile

Re: The Erie Land Light Forum Exclusive #74167 08/29/05 10:32 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Very informative information Daniel. This piece will be a nice addition to the collection and will compliment Buffalo and Fort Niagara as the construction is very similiar. It will also be a sister piece to Erie's Presque Isle. The emails, discussions and ultimate decision for ELL was exciting and I truly have enjoyed being a part of this group. Seeing the Artist Proof and the final product will be even more exciting. I know that the desireability of this piece will be high as only 500 will be made and we are hoping the features(still being discussed with HLs at this time) on this piece will make it even more desireable. We're hoping the secondary market price will make this a piece that, while you won't want to sell it, you won't feel bad about having it as an investment.

Rich
Re: The Erie Land Light Forum Exclusive #74168 08/31/05 11:55 PM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I am sure that all sides had the best intentions but this forum got out of control. By popular email I have deleted all of the non related subjects. I think it is best for us to forget the past and move on.
Any comments concerning this can be emailed to me.

DANIEL
Re: The Erie Land Light Forum Exclusive #74169 09/01/05 02:32 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
You made the right decision, Dan. Now we can back to the topic at hand.

smile Bob smile

Re: The Erie Land Light Forum Exclusive #74170 09/01/05 03:16 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I respectfully disagree. I don't beleive my comments should have been censored- or anybody else's for that matter.

I think the thread should have been closed and two new one's opened to allow the free discussion of both topics to take place in the proper areas.

I almost never agree that censoring people is the right thing to do.

I may be in the minority on this- but I don't care- right is right, wrong is wrong. IMHO.

Dennis

Re: The Erie Land Light Forum Exclusive #74171 09/01/05 03:35 PM
Lighthouser Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I am on the same page as Dennis. Boy, am I!

Dennis's suggestion
Quote:
I think the thread should have been closed and two new one's opened to allow the free discussion of both topics to take place in the proper areas.
would have been the adult thing to do.

Popular email...yeah, sure. How do we know that?Also, you could have notified each of us prior to your censoring.

We will not be censoring our members on Lighthousing.net. We don't resort to those tactics...and don't need to. Instead we locked the thread, but the comments are still available.

Judy

Judy
Re: The Erie Land Light Forum Exclusive #74172 09/01/05 03:50 PM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
This post was designed for review of the Lake Erie Land Light. Obvious nobody has any comments concerning it. I am locking this post. If you want to follow your discussions any farther concerning the "war of the Words". You may open your own post in the fog signal building or post them on Lighthousing.net

DANIEL

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,389 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users