Next Thread
Print Thread
SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73890 04/15/05 07:47 PM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES

Please post your light that you would like to see used.
Discuss lighthouse nominees only. All other discussions need to be address on the other posts.

With your post, add the following:

1.Post a picture and/or a short cut to a picture of the light you would light to nominate.
2.Write a small narrative of why this lighthouse should be used.
3.List any special features of the Light.

The nominees are:

1. WINDMILL POINT, VT
It is a neat, small and easy to produce light.

2. Erie Land Light, PA
It is small, neat to look at and just recently rededicated. Also from my Rich's town and according to Kim it will never be duplicated because of the area it's located in.

3. Staten Island Range Light

It is doubtful that HL is going to make this one and it's a great looking Lighthouse- unusual especially for a Range Light. It would be great in any size large or small.It has some definition to it's shape.

4. Gurnet Light in Plymouth Gurnet LIght

Nice article on Gurnet

5. Borden Flats Lights

Borden Flats is down river from the USS Massachusetts and it could be a tribute to those that served our country.

6. Bray\'s Point Wisconsin

It has a unique design. It may be a little challenging to duplicate because of the pointy spire on top (breakage?), but that's what makes it interesting.

7. Doubling Point
St John's favorite.

Friends of Doubling Point Lighthouse

8. Isle au Haut, ME lighthouse

9. Winter Harbor, ME

Winter HARBOR HISTORY

10. Tenants Harbor, ME

11. Racine Reef
a very unique light that unfortunately is no more. A very cool light, would make a very interesting piece.
A Neat Old Post Card

From The CG Archives

12. Round Island Passage

For something a bit different looking. Also, everyone going to the reunion will pass right by this one a few times.

13. Crisp Pt, MI

14. Port Wahington, WI peirhead Light

15. Carysfort Reef, FL
--------------------------------------------------
16. Doubling Point Range, ME
A lighthouse on the Kennebec River that lends itself well to a small HL.

17. Squirrel Point, ME
A lighthouse on the Kennebec River that lends itself well to a small HL. Interesting perched on the rocks.

18. Pond Island, ME
A lighthouse on the Kennebec River that lends itself well to a small HL. It has Neat red lantern panels

19. Perkins Island, ME
A lighthouse on the Kennebec River that lends itselve well to a small HL.

20. Lloyd Harbor Lighthouse
Lost Lighthouse

21. Port Jefferson Harbor Breakwater Lighthouse
Lost Lighthouse

22. Shinnecock Lighthouse
Lost Lighthouse
23. Sabine Pass, Louisiana

24. Old Petoskey Pier Light on Lake Michigan
Picture Postcard from National Archives"
lost light and definitely unique looking.

25. Point Vincente, California
Harbour Lights tried to make this in the past with no avail. Maybe we could convince them to make it for us on a smaller scale. Just a thought.

26. Port Clinton Light, OH
It has style, is classy looking, has a unique shape and could be the perfect size for this project. It is the Port Clinton Ohio
-------------------------------------------------
27. Tibbetts Point, NY
nice little tower on Lake Ontario. Historical Association associated.

28. Cape Vincent Breakwater, NY
Perhaps a pair of LLOM for these two little gems on Lake Ontario?

29. Wisconsin Point, Superior, Wisconsin
A small oval shaped building on a peirhead. Also know as Superior Breakwater light.

30. Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouse, Wisconsin
Shaped like Holland (Big Red) MI, but white.

31. Chicago Harbor Southeast Guidewall, IL

32. Olcott Light, NY

33. Oak Orchard Harbor Light House, NY

34. Burlington Breakwater Lights, VT

burlington breakwater lights VT

35. Grand Island Front Range NY

36. Sodus Pierhead Lighthouse, NY

37. Web Lighthouse

38. Queens Wharf light, Canada

39. Makapuu Point ighthouse Hawaii
Hard to get to, a unique shape, and probably the largest lense in the Pacific, It would look great.

40. Petoskey Lighthouse

41. Petoskey Pierhead Michigan

42. Prices Creek Light (Ruins)

DANIEL
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73891 04/16/05 09:46 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Great idea, Dan. Interest built quickly from many CF members, but fell short of what I would have expected would be needed to see this project through. Many people have the best of intentions but many more are needed to insure a financially feasible final product.

I had a thought about a couple of rounds of nominations. The first round would be establishing a "regional light" for each region of the country with lights. It could be simple like Great Lakes, Atlantic Coast, Pacific Coast, Gulf Coast, and other to afford the opportunity for a river light to be nominated.

Once we have established a list of potential finalists from each region, then we would vote on which one would be our choice as the first light ever made to honor the CF.

We need committment to make this work. If the light chosen is not from the region you were hoping for, you must still be willing to support the project and not walk away.

We may very well have a lot riding on this project. If we get total support and an immediate sellout I would think this may develop into something most serious collectors would love, an opportunity to chose a future HL that may not have ever been considered by Harbour Lights.

I like what you suggest, Dan, and I hope those who read this thread will start to voice their opinions and nominations to keep the ball rolling.

Once we get a nominated light from each region, we can move on to further discussion and vote on our final pick. Once that mission has been accomplished, then we will ask for a serious committment from our fellow CF members. Once our potential purchasing numbers have been established, we can then get into discussion with our friends at Harbour Lights.

Does this make sense? Are there any contrary minded people? You know the old adage: :United we stand, divided we fall."

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes:

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73892 04/16/05 01:20 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I would like to nominate WINDMILL POINT, VT as it is a neat, small and easy to produce light.

Bert smile

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73893 04/16/05 09:22 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I would like to nominate the Erie Land Light. It is small, neat to look at and just recently rededicated. Also from my home town and according to Kim it will never be duplicated because of the area it's located in.

www.cr.nps.gov/maritime/light/erieland.htm

Rich
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73894 04/17/05 08:31 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Well, it looks like it will be between the Vermont Light and the Pennsylvania Light since no other nominations have been made. If you are interested in making this CF light a reality you must have an opinion on what light you would like and you must post to let everybody know your preference. Without your input and light nominations this is just a pipedream that will not come to completion. Let us hear what you like so we can see that your really interested. If I can figure out how to post a website anybody can.

Rich
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73895 04/17/05 09:41 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I'll add another the the list of nominees-

Staten Island Range Light

I doubt that HL is going to make it and it's a great looking Lighthouse- unusual especially for a Range Light. I think it would be great in any size large or small.

It has some definition to it's shape- and maybe we could all go visit it and drive the neighbor crazier. laugh

Just joking about that.

Here's the link-

http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=584

Dennis

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73896 04/17/05 10:59 PM
AZlightkeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
OK, I'll throw a couple into the mix:

Gurnet Light in Plymouth

and

Borden Flats Light

Here\'s a nice article on Gurnet and I was hoping for Borden Flats since it is down river from the USS Massachusetts and it could be a tribute to those that served our country

Jim
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73897 04/18/05 09:20 AM
catzb1 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I nominate Bray\'s Point Wisconsin because of its unique design. It may be a little challenging to duplicate because of the pointy spire on top (breakage?), but that's what makes it interesting.

Cathy smile

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73898 04/18/05 10:57 AM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm not sure I have a nomination yet, but I would add that there should be a couple of criteria we use in choosing a light:

1) The light should be small in stature, as previously discussed, to stay in scale with the small size of our sculpture.

2) The light should be on that H.L. would probably not choose to reproduce.

3) The light should have a "special story" , for example, it's reported to be haunted, or, a great Civil War battle was fought there, etc and those nominatng the light should tell the story.

4) The light should have some sort of organization that is backing it in the event we make a donation to the light with some of the proceeds.

This is just a couple of things to think about to try to make the light special, not just one that's nominated because its close to someones home. This way, it will help insure that it hs a broad appeal and is easy to sell.

Just my thoughts

Mike

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73899 04/18/05 11:21 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Here's a list of Michigan lighthouses that would be nice, fairly small and probably won't make the HL list without us:

Michigan Lights
Detroit River
Grand Island East Channel (It would look great as is)
Bete Grise (Mendota)
Lake St. Clair

Maine Lights
Doubling Point <- I think this is my favorite
Isle Au Haut
Lubec Channel
Squirrel Point
Whitlocks Mill

Friends of Doubling Point Lighthouse

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73900 04/18/05 01:11 PM
Sunshine Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I must have missed the start of this thread. I don't understand what we are nominating lights for. Can someone fill me in?

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73901 04/18/05 01:14 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
For Judy and others...

...we are exploring the commissioning of a specific lighthouse by Harbour Lights which would be available through the Collector Forums.

It would be a limited edition; the size of the edition to be determined, perhaps 500-1000.

Sales might support the Collector Forums and lighthouse preservation.

It will take about a year to produce the actual sculptures.

Read More About It Here

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73902 04/18/05 01:55 PM
Sunshine Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Thanks John. I think 2 weddings in my family in one month is more than my brain can handle. I'll have to re-read all the posts I've just skimmed thru lately.

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73903 04/18/05 08:42 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Eventhough it is not on the original list, listed at the top of the thread, I am in STRONG favor for the Isle Au Haut, Maine light that John mentioned in his list.

This light has been on my wish list for Maine lights for awhile along with Winter Harbor (Mark Island) Lighthouse and Tenents Harbor Lighthouse. Of course this is based on the assumption that HL is already working on the Owls Head, ME light which folks are agonizing and waiting over.....

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73904 04/19/05 01:47 AM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Christopher
The top list is there just to keep track of all the entries and make it more convenient to view all the canadates.
Please do not choose from from that list. We will vote from that list later. I am trying to keep up but not doing that good today. I will post your choice as soon as I can get to it. Yes you can choose from Johns list and it would be helpful to provide a shortcut to a picture of it.

Mike
is right, We should Try and sell our lighthouse to our fellow forum members. You must convince them that they would want this light to represent them and then purchase it. Hopefully two. In other words be good salespeople. But if not thats okay too.
Maybe the lighthouse can speak for itself.

Also it is important to post a picture or a shortcut of the light that you want as a canadate. I know every light south of new york but when it comes to new England and the great lakes I only know the ones that Harbour Lights have already made. So if you want my vote and it is north of the Mason Dixion I will need a picture of it. wink
If you can't find a picture of the light you would want to use, email me or just post your favorite and I will try and find a link for you.

DANIEL
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73905 04/19/05 05:01 PM
Gary Toth Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I thought Bray's Point would be a great light for the project - small in stature and with a unique design - until it was mentioned that the selected light must have a group responsible for its preservation and/or upkeep. Is this a criterior that was established sometime earlier and, if so, do all of the aforementioned lights meet it? I'm not sure that this project, to support the Forums, necessarily requires additional support of the light itself.

Gary

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73906 04/19/05 05:58 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Don't worry about whether or not there is a group attached to the light - that would be addressed later in the process. If you have a light you like, post it along with a link.

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73907 04/19/05 09:07 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
As requested, here's the links to my top 3 nominations for a special CF Lighthouse (w/ pictures and description).

Tenants Harbor, Maine with Fog Bell Tower

Isle Au Haut, Maine with Keepers House

And of course my favorite of all time and will fight until I'm either dead or have secured the money to purchase this lighthouse and live there! wink

Winter Harbor (Mark Island), Maine

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73908 04/19/05 11:13 PM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
John and others--

I still would like to see a totally creative lighthouse that would be one of a kind and just for the CF. Wouldn't that be more special for us than a real one? I am not advocating starting a trend of these imaginary lights but just a one time only. It's probably a bad idea but I had to throw in my two cents!! As far as which real one--any lighthouse that HL has not made is fine with me.

Judy

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73909 04/19/05 11:46 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
How about a Lost Light?

Racine Reef was a very unique light that unfortunately is no more. A very cool light, would make a very interesting piece.

A neat old post card

From the CG Archives

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73910 04/20/05 12:26 AM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Dave,

Thanks for the information on the Racine Reef. I would love to see this beauty produced. Of course, I lived in Racine for 20 years, and I remember seeing the light. So I might be a tad prejudiced. I remember fishing off the pier near the light. And even watched some of the demolition in 1955.

bobo

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73911 04/20/05 12:35 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
That almost meets the suggestion of a 'fantasy' light. Neat one.

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73912 04/20/05 01:56 AM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
For something a bit different looking. Also, everyone going to the reunion will pass right by this one a few times.
Round Island Passage

I know this doesn't apply here (cost prohibative), but ever since HL started making Fresnel lenses, I wish they would make a 'blow up' of just the top of a particular tower. lantern room up, of Hatteras or Portland Head lets say. Complete with nice railings, brackets, etc, at 6" or 7" tall or so. Would look really neat in the collection having a nice detail of a light. Would probably sell really well, and would allow them to repeat a couple of the most popular lights without infringing on the 'do not repeat rule'. Maybe even lit up like the new GLOWs. Too bad the cost wouldn't fly, it would definately be something unique for the Forum choice.

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73913 04/20/05 11:36 AM
pierhead Offline
I nominate Crisp Pt, MI.

Crisp Pt, Mi

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73914 04/20/05 12:15 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Rod, I must admit that Round Island Passage has a very different look.

Bray's Point is another very different looking light.

Gone, but not forgotten, Racine Reef also has an interesting look about it.

The "Gurnet" is a local light for me and just a little different than the average light.

Escanaba Light in Michigan catches my eye. Maybe it's the green.

I personally like to see a light that has no real chance of being replicated by Harbour Lights. Couple that fact with a unique "non-traditional" design, and I think we would have the right light.

Keep those suggestions coming!

smile Bob smile

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73915 04/20/05 12:38 PM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
If it can't be a one time only imaginary light then I like Bob M's "non-traditional" idea or Dave's lost lights suggestions. I especially love Rod's idea of a "blow-up" of a lantern room and up. Unique for the CF collector is what I am looking for!!

Judy

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73916 04/20/05 03:10 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Please keep in mind that we are asking Harbour Lights to do something they haven't done before, to recognize the efforts of the members of the CF with a special edition piece. I personally feel that the CF is a very important part of HL collecting.

What we propose has to be profitable to Harbour lights along with good public relations with the collecting community. We do not want to alienate anybody which could cause a problem with the project. Therefore, we must avoid the appearence of hoarding a very small edition size for the benefit of the CF members only. If other people want to purchase one from the start, they should be allowed to do so even if it means adding a large amount to the edition size.

smile Bob smile

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73917 04/20/05 03:49 PM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I don't have a link for it but I like Port Washington WI. peirhead light. Very unusual.

Mike

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73918 04/20/05 06:50 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Point well taken BobM! If I get this right, and I hope I have, we will be ordering the light before the production is run. FOr what it's worth I think we should open it to the forum members first and then to all teh clubs and individuals out there who want to order one or more. This would give HL some idea of the number they should produce and everyone is happy. I do wish that since we are doing this first of all as the FORUM. We should have the first of them in number. THere are many clubs who have people who are members of the forums and they could get the word out to their members who are not members of the forum. THis could end up a win, win, win, win situation. Forum Members, Club memebers, the general public and Harbour Lights.

Bert smile

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73919 04/20/05 08:12 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Bert,

The lights will have to be ordered and probably a deposit done when ordering. And, yes, it will be before production. You will soon see some answers appearing to many of your questions.

Please keep this thread going as Daniel intended, by using it only to post your thoughts on what light we might select. There will be plenty of time and a better place to discuss other aspects.

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73920 04/20/05 11:21 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
How about Carysfort? cool
http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=703

just type or paste in the link, Eric, and it will work. Dave

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73921 04/20/05 11:24 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Sorry I could not get the link to post correctly. What did I do wrong? :rolleyes:

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73922 04/20/05 11:38 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
There are many lighthouses on the Kennebec River that lend themselves well to a small HL.

Doubling Point Range - my second favourite lightstation of all time, after Sea Girt.
http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=498

Doubling Point - a unique position, jutting into the water.
http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=499

Squirrel Point - interesting perched on the rocks.
http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=496

Pond Island - on a small rock outcropping, several possibilities here.
http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=493

Perkins Island - Neat with the red lantern panels.

http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=497

The Kennebec is my favourite lighthouse region. It has many small lights that subject themselves perfectly to this replica. I think they are worth seriously considering.

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73923 04/21/05 12:58 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
I like the idea of a Lost Lighthouse!

My nominees are:

Lloyd Harbor Lighthouse

PortJeffersonHarborBreakwaterLighthouse

Shinnecock Lighthouse

Bob wink

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73924 04/22/05 10:47 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
We need more nominations! Think outside the box and come up with a light that might be somewhat obscure, kind of different or unusual, and probably wouldn't ever be made by Harbour Lights.

Personally, I would like to see that type of lighthouse rather than one that mimics a light already produced, or may be produced in the future.

Think of a light that you would want in your collection, just because it is so different than what you normally display.

smile Bob smile

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73925 04/22/05 11:55 AM
Tom and Joyce Abbott Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko

Tom & Joyce
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73926 04/22/05 01:23 PM
pierhead Offline
Old Petoskey Pier Light (Link below - thanks to the Abbotts for posting that)

I can't find a picture of it on the web, but it's in "Lightouses of Lake Michigan : Past and Present" by Wayne Sapulski. It would be perfect - it's a lost light and definitely unique looking.

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73927 04/22/05 01:55 PM
Tom and Joyce Abbott Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
Old Petoskey Pier Light

I can't find a picture of it on the web
Is this the light...
http://www.chippewa-hills.k12.mi.us/~pjdurbin/Lake_Michigan/petoskey_pierhead.htm

"Picture Postcard from National Archives"

Tom & Joyce
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73928 04/22/05 06:07 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I would also like to nominate Point Vincente Lighthouse in California. Harbour Lights tried to make this in the past with no avail. Maybe we could convince them to make it for us on a smaller scale. Just a thought.

http://www.rudyalicelighthouse.net/CalLts/PtVcnte/

Rich
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73929 04/23/05 07:28 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Sabine Pass and Petoskey Light are good candidates. Their design is different from what has been produced by Harbour Lights so far.

I do like the rocket-like appearence of the Sabine Pass Light in the 1929 photo, especially with the horizontal striping.

The Petoskey Light has an extremely interesting lantern room design. I also like its flared base as pictured in the old postcard.

smile Bob smile

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73930 05/02/05 04:26 PM
RezmanDale Offline
I like the Point Vicente idea. laugh

An obscure light is Anacapa Island with its fog horn. cool

If we are looking for a lost light Ballast Point or Ano Nuevo Island have a lot of gingerbread type detail that would be awesome.

Dale

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73931 05/02/05 11:29 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Let's try again. What about Carysfort Reef ? laugh

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73932 05/02/05 11:31 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73933 05/02/05 11:32 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
IT WORKS (Even in black)

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73934 05/03/05 10:54 AM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I have two more, and once again, don't have links.

1) Wisconsin Point light, a small oval shaped building on a peirhead. Also know as Superior Breakwater light.

2) Kewaunee Peirhead light. A small interesting light up in Wisconsin.

These are both small lights that would lend well to a small size piece.

Mike

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73935 05/04/05 09:48 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
While shifting through my lighthouse daily calendar at work I came across this little gem. It has style, is classy looking, has a unique shape and could be the perfect size for this project. It is the Port Clinton Ohio Lighthouse. Take a look:
http://www.cyberlights.com/lh/ohio/portclinton.htm

Rich
Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73936 05/05/05 12:28 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Here's another nice little tower on Lake Ontario:

Tibbetts Point NY

Historical Association associated. There is also another nearby light they are preserving:

Cape Vincent NY

Perhaps a pair of LLOM for these two little gems on Lake Ontario?

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73937 05/05/05 12:33 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
For CanaFan, here are links to:

Wisconsin Point

Kewaunee Pierhead WI Shaped like Holland (Big Red) MI, but white.

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73938 05/05/05 03:44 PM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Those are them. Thanks John.

Re: SPECIAL C.F. LIGHTHOUSE NOMINEES #73939 05/05/05 11:57 PM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
More nominees... the last one would make a particularly appropriate piece. smile