Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Spaced out... #72678 10/30/02 09:24 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
We are currently in somewhat of a lull regarding available new releases from Harbour Lights. Because of the west coast dock strike, HL has no control over the situation. This lull must be causing some "HL withdrawal" amongst the faithful.

New releases seem to come in spurts. Three or four come in, then there's a lull for awhile.

Personally, I would like to see all the new HL's to be spaced out over the year. If they release twenty-four new pieces, I would like to see two arrive each month rather than four in one month, then nothing the following month.

I know HL doesn't have control over the exact timing of pieces coming from the other side of the Pacific. I just want to see how other people feel about this topic.

smile Bob smile

Re: Spaced out... #72679 10/30/02 11:22 AM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
I'm still catching up for the current available releases (That's the advantage/disadvantage of having so many east coast pieces this year.) but I do agree with the spacing if it was possible.
I always thought it would be a good idea to release some new ones before the holidays but that might conflict with HL's well deserved winding down during the same period.
Bob

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Spaced out... #72680 10/30/02 12:21 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I agree with the idea of spacing them out if at all possible. I'm giving thought to the logistics of doing it that way and feel that it would definitley depend on how they arrived at HL. The storage of lights awaiting a spaced out distribution could be costly if too many arrived at once in California. But on my end, I would love to see it done that way if anyway possible.

Bert wink

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: Spaced out... #72681 10/30/02 02:49 PM
cclighthousebuff Offline
Wacko
Wacko
It is of no consequence to me at all. Whatever the "spacing" is, I'm going to purchase the LE's. Are you thinking that a more even spacing throughout the year would help to budget the purchases better or is there another issue(s) associated with the concern confused ?

Re: Spaced out... #72682 10/30/02 07:09 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The thought I was trying to convey is getting a couple of new HLs each month to satisfy your thirst for new pieces instead of getting so many at once and going dry for a few months.

I get one of each so I'll always get them all (LE's). New arrivals each month would be a good thing to happen.

cool Bob cool

Re: Spaced out... #72683 10/30/02 09:01 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I for one would like them evenly spaced if I had a preference because of budgeting reasons. I buy one of each of the new LE releases(plus an extra if I feel it is hot) and my money sometimes gets real low if they hit with 3-4 at a time. My lighthouse budget is based solely on me selling extra pieces and sometimes sales are not condusive with new issue schedules.

Rich cool

Rich
Re: Spaced out... #72684 10/30/02 10:58 PM
Dick Johnson Offline
Since I have made a commitment to purchasing all of the releases the spacing out for monetary reasons is not an issue. Why I would support an equal distribution of pieces over the course of the year is for enjoyment. When I get new pieces I leave them on my desk for several weeks before placing them in the curio. This gives me the opportunity to admire them, look them over for little details, and overall enjoy them in detail on a daily basis for several weeks. Several weeks works out well to "get to know" the new pieces. When a big group comes in each piece gets a little less attention, and I don't get to appreciate the individual pieces as much. Also by being spread out it gives me a chance to build some anticipation, and that heightens my enjoyment. However, I am hooked on Harbour Lights lighthouses, and "if they build it, I will buy". It may not be the best economic philosophy, but it sure makes for good things to enjoy on cold winter nights.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,466 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users