Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70069 03/17/10 02:07 AM
Dave H Online OP
Saint
OP Online
Saint
This is a great opportunity to participate in a trip to view lights you might normally not be able to easily view. NELL does a good job with their outings, and are a great group of folks to go lighthousing with. They must have 80 paid participants by April 15th or they will have to cancel the trip. As I mentioned, this will be a great opportunity. Contact information is included below.

Spring Trip
St. Lawrence Seaway

We will be visiting the 1000 Islands area and Alexandria Bay in May, 2010 at Capt. Thomson’s Resort and Uncle Sam Boat Tours.

Arrangements have been made with Uncle Sam Boat Tours for you to enjoy a Lighthouse Tour on May 15 on an Uncle Sam boat from their docks next to Capt. Thomson’s Resort. You will board at 6:45 a.m. and depart at 7:00 a.m. to head downriver for Sunken Rock Light, Sister’s Island Light, Crossover Island Light, Ogdensburg Harbor Light, and Prescott Lights. You will then proceed upriver to Rock Island Light off Fisher’s Landing, NY and return to the docks at approximately 5:00 p.m.

Breakfast (assorted muffins & pastries, fresh whole fruit, assorted fruit juices, coffee, tea or decaf) will be served on board. A box lunch with roast beef on wheat, turkey on white or ham on rye sandwiches, one choice per person, will be provided including a soda or water, pickles, chips, fruit and cookies.

Rooms have been reserved with two double beds, one queen bed and one king bed for Friday ,Saturday and Sunday, May 14,15 and 16 2010 at Capt. Thomson’s Resort. All rooms have a private balcony with river/Boldt Castle or lower harbor views, cable TV, in-room coffee and telephone. All rooms are also non-smoking. Check-in is at 3 p.m. and after and check out is at 11 a.m.

The group rates that will apply are $109 Lower Harbor or $119 Main Channel/Upper Harbor single or double occupancy plus 10.75% tax. These rates are for Friday and Saturday only, with the rates changing to $79 Lower Harbor and $89 Main Channel/Upper Harbor on Sunday and Monday.

All room reservations will be made by the normal reservation policy of charging the first night’s room on your credit card at time of booking with balance due at check-out. The resort is available Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. during the winter season at 1-800-253-9229.

Please note that second floor rooms are accessed by staircase only (no elevator) and they do have several handicap rooms available upon request. Capt. Thomson’s entire facility is non-smoking. Individual room cancellations are accepted up to seven days prior to arrival without penalty. Please tell them you are with NELL to ensure that you receive the discounted rate.

The cost of the trip will be $100 per person. The trip will be open to NELL members first until March 17, then it will be open to the public. We need 80 people to run this trip. If we don’t have enough people by April 15, we will cancel the trip. Send your check, made out to “NELL”, to: Kathy Santucci, 38 Lime Kiln Rd., Tuckahoe, NY 10707.

Please make your sandwich selection when sending your check for the trip.

We will have our meeting at the floating restaurant, Capt’s Landing on Sunday, May 16th from 9:00a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Uncle Sam’s boat can be found at 45 James St, Alexandria Bay, NY 13607

If you have any questions call Ron Bandock at 856-854-9350 or Tom Kenworthy at 845-896-5787.

Added on 3/17:

For anyone that wishes to or needs to fly, the closest airport to our destination is Syracuse Hancock International Airport which is about 1 1/2 hours from the resort. Watertown has a small private airport but I was told it does not handle any commercial or commuter flights.

Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70070 03/17/10 08:37 PM
fra02441 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I plan on going. Anyone else interested.
Fran

Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70071 03/17/10 09:05 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
The Brady's are NELL members and we have been registered for a couple of weeks.. I hope they get the 80 people as our room is right on the water..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70072 03/17/10 10:39 PM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Quote:
Capt. Thomson’s entire facility is non-smoking.
Well... the above quote leaves us out! frustrated

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70073 03/18/10 12:34 AM
Dave H Online OP
Saint
OP Online
Saint
Stephanie, you were in a number of no-smoking locations last fall and I do believe you survived.

Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70074 03/18/10 01:16 AM
fra02441 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Come on Stephanie you can do it.

Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70075 03/23/10 01:05 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Stephanie, Alexandria Bay is a small town but in the heart of a tourist area. If you want to go on this trip I'm sure there are other places you could stay that are not far away that allow smoking.

Try here:

http://www.alexbay.org/resorts.php

Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70076 03/23/10 09:28 PM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Yes Dave, I survived last fall... because at the non-smoking locations, I could go outside to smoke and that was ok. But most locations that say "entire facility is non-smoking" that usually means, no-where on the property. This I don't agree to!

Dosen't matter cause I can't go anyway! However it dose sound like a trip that I would have enjoyed.

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70077 03/24/10 12:47 PM
wvlights0 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I understand exactly what you are talking about Stephanie. One nice thing about the 'designated smoking areas' is that people actually talk to each other. I have met some very interesting people that way. The "entire facility is non-smoking" thing makes you feel like a second class citizen.

Laura
Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70078 04/03/10 06:13 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I got this email today from NELL, we need 19 more people to make the trip happen..

Dear NELL Members, We have 61 reservations for the spring trip. That gives us 12 more days to get the 19 more we need or we will have to cancel the trip. We'd hate for anyone to miss out on this cruise due to needing a couple extra days to get things put together. So, if you're in between paydays and want to go on this trip please let Kathy know so we can accommodate your needs. It has always been my policy (since I was merchandise chair) to give members time to get payment in. If that means holding a check for a week or two then we will hold it. But please understand once you send in your reservation check which needs to be in to Kathy by the 14th and we meet our required 80 people you will not get a refund UNLESS we can resell your reservation{s}. I hope this answers any unasked questions you might have had and makes it easier for you to attend what will be an exciting weekend on the Seaway Trail. Kathy is not depositing any checks for the trip until we have the required number of reservations. And remember, the trip is opened to friends and family. I look forward to seeing you there. Oh, one last thing. Some of you may be wondering why we have to cancel so early. The only answer to that question is we had to send the boat company a deposit. That’s the date they set, and we contracted for, as the final cancel "we get our deposit money back" date. Happy Easter. Regards, Tom

Sue and I have our reservations in and our bags packed and are ready to go..

Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70079 04/04/10 02:05 AM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I WISH I was going. But it just so happens to be smack dab in the middle of finals. frown

Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70080 04/04/10 02:36 AM
L
lgthouselady Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
This trip sounds interesting. I don't see any costs talked about except for the rooms. What am I missing? So room, air flight, boat trip?

Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70081 04/04/10 12:16 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Here's a copy of the rest of the information that came as an attached PDF file.. Other than the room is $100 for the boat trip which includes breakfast and lunch on board the boat..

Spring Trip - St. Lawrence Seaway

We will be visiting the 1000 Islands area and Alexandria Bay in May, 2010 at Capt. Thomson’s Resort and Uncle Sam Boat Tours.

Arrangements have been made with Uncle Sam Boat Tours for you to enjoy a Lighthouse Tour on May 15 on an Uncle Sam boat from their docks next to Capt. Thomson’s Resort. You will board at 6:45 a.m. and depart at 7:00 a.m. to head downriver for Sunken Rock Light, Sister’s Island Light, Crossover Island Light, Ogdensburg Harbor Light, and Prescott Lights. You will then proceed upriver to Rock Island Light off Fisher’s Landing, NY and return to the docks at approximately 5:00 p.m.

Breakfast (assorted muffins & pastries, fresh whole fruit, assorted fruit juices, coffee, tea or decaf) will be served on board. A box lunch with roast beef on wheat, turkey on white or ham on rye sandwiches, one choice per person, will be provided including a soda or water, pickles, chips, fruit and cookies.

Rooms have been reserved with two double beds, one queen bed and one king bed for Friday ,Saturday and Sunday, May 14,15 and 16 2010 at Capt. Thomson’s Resort. All rooms have a private balcony with river/Boldt Castle or lower harbor views, cable TV, in-room coffee and telephone. All rooms are also non-smoking. Check-in is at 3 p.m. and after and check out is at 11 a.m.
The group rates that will apply are $109 Lower Harbor or $119 Main Channel/Upper Harbor single or double occupancy plus 10.75% tax. These rates are for Friday and Saturday only, with the rates changing to $79 Lower Harbor and $89 Main Channel/Upper Harbor on Sunday and Monday.
All room reservations will be made by the normal reservation policy of charging the first night’s room on your credit card at time of booking with balance due at check-out. The resort is available Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. during the winter season at 1-800-253-9229.
Please note that second floor rooms are accessed by staircase only (no elevator) and they do have several handicap rooms available upon request. Capt. Thomson’s entire facility is non-smoking. Individual room cancellations are accepted up to seven days prior to arrival without penalty. Please tell them you are with NELL to ensure that you receive the discounted rate.

The cost of the trip will be $100 per person. The trip will be open to NELL members first until April 1, then it will be open to the public. We need 80 people to run this trip. If we don’t have enough people by April 15, we will cancel the trip. Send your check, made out to “NELL”, to: Kathy Santucci, 38 Lime Kiln Rd., Tuckahoe, NY 10707.

Please make your sandwich selection when sending your check for the trip.

We will have our meeting at the floating restaurant, Capt’s Landing on Sunday, May 16th from 9:00a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Uncle Sam’s boat can be found at 45 James St, Alexandria Bay, NY 13607
If you have any questions call Ron Bandock at 856-854-9350

Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70082 04/07/10 01:59 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
As of Monday, I was informed the the count is now 70 registered for the trip, we are getting close to the magic number of 80 people registered..

Re: St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip opportunity #70083 04/11/10 04:14 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
As of Friday the trip has 72 registered and all have agreed to make up the difference if all 80 don't get registered, so the trip is a go.. You still have time to register and join the group..

St. Lawrence Seaway NELL trip is a GO!!

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,191 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users