Next Thread
Print Thread
Chesappeake Trip #69362 11/14/01 06:12 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
We're off to the Bay area this weekend.

We'll be staying in Annapolis for 3 days and trying to get to as many of the lights in Delaware, Maryland and virginia that we can.

I just found out that Assateague is open this weekend for tours as well as it being Water Fowl Week so the Wildlife Loop will be open also.

I'm taking my son's digital camera and I plan on taking a few pictures. I'll upload them if we ever find the cable.

I'll try and post a report early next week.

I do have one question- does anybody recall where the replica of Cape Henlopen was in Rehoboth Beach?

I'm going to do a search, but I recall it being discussed on the forums due to a post card and someone listed where it was.

Dennis

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69363 11/14/01 06:28 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Dennis,

I can't recall exactly where this is, however I do remember when I was at the Seashell Shop on Rt 1 (4405 Coastal Highway) in Rehobeth Beach in September, that they had a few local newspaper clippings discussing this light posted next to the display of multiple HL Cape Henlopen replicas that are for sale.

I thought the article mentioned that funds were being procured. I didn't realize that the replica has already been built.

Anyone else have any word?

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Chesappeake Trip #69364 11/14/01 06:31 PM
K
kscroope Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
K
Here's a good archive to reference for this trip...
Topic Name Date Forum/Archive
Look out Big Bays...here we come Rod Watson 08-22-2000 The Map Room http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum15/HTML/000206.html

------------------
KRISTIN ERIN SCROOPE
kristin@scroope.net
http://www.scroope.net/lighthouses/lhlist.htm
http://www.LILighthouseSociety.org

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69365 11/14/01 07:00 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Thanks Kristin,

I did a couple of searches, but I did not look into that one. As I was out driving around it came to me that maybe it was rod that had been there. I was going to check when I saw your posts.I'm going to the source and e-mail him for the answer.

The "replica" I'm speaking of is one that has been around for quite some time and is not life size.

the one cavevader is referring to is a full size one that I believe is planned for near the original site.

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69366 11/14/01 07:31 PM
Larry Offline
Although I've never been there, it's on my list of places to go:

Cape Henlopen replica is at Grove St. & Rehoboth Ave. in Rehoboth Beach, DE

and here's a picture:
http://people.va.mediaone.net/sef3rd/home.htm

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69367 11/14/01 08:04 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Larry,

Thanks for the info and the link.

I'm hoping to get to many of those same lights over the weekend (Fri-Mon).

I had to change my plan of attack due to the news that Assateague would be open Sat/Sun. I hope to get there on Sat along with going to Hooper Stait and the Chesapeake Bay Maritime museum in St Micheals. i'll just have to set the alarm early.

Dennis

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69368 11/14/01 08:09 PM
Shirin Offline
Hey Dennis,

We must think alike! I'm going home to Severna Park just outside of Annapolis for the weekend. I won't be seeing as many lights as you though. I'm scheduled to help out the Chesapeake Chapter of the USLHS all day Saturday for their work on either the lighthouse or lightship in the Baltimore Harbor depending on what the museum there decides needs the most help.

As for the replica in Rehoboth, you can't miss it! I was there this summer and there were just swarms of people around it so I couldn't get a decent shot. You should have a nice clear view now that it's not beach time. Not sure if they have them in the off season, but the parking permits to park in the town other than at a meter have the lighthouse on them. I keep these kind of things for my lighthouse scrapbook. Always helpful to have something with the date on it in case you were to forget when you made the trip.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1787893&a=13847714&p=56386147[/img]

Hope you enjoy your trip and am looking forward to your report.

shirin

Shirin
Re: Chesappeake Trip #69369 11/14/01 08:12 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Shirin,

Like ships that pass in the night- I'll be Baltimore on Sunday.

That's life.

I'll take notes, but you've probably ben to most of them already. i'm relying on several places for directions- the chesapeakes Chapter site, Dave's directions, others on the list and the Mid Atlantic lighthouses Map.

Dennis

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69370 11/14/01 09:34 PM
Larry Offline
Dennis,

You are going to Mispillion aren't you? It's a MUST stop in Delaware. You can also get the two Liston Range lights and Reedy Rear Range if you go north of Dover.

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69371 11/14/01 11:02 PM
Shirin Offline
There are a few lights in the area I've missed here and there. Most of them I would need a boat for so I'll just have to wait for a Chesapeake Chapter trip. That is always a good excuse to go home and visit my little sister and friends from high school.

Shirin
Re: Chesappeake Trip #69372 11/15/01 02:32 AM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
Dennis,
Take Rt.1 south from Lewes to Rehoboth area and turn left on Rehoboth Street. Go down about .7 miles, and it will be on the left. It is right outside the old Train Station building. As Shirin said, you can't miss it, but drive slow, it's easy to pass if the area is crowded. It's a fairly dense area with alot of stores, traffic, and pedestrians. It is not open for climbing, but you can at least get a good shot of it. A smaller 28mm to 55mm lens range is your best bet. Have a safe trip!

[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 11-14-2001).]

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69373 11/15/01 03:20 AM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Larry,

I've been to Mispillion while on the way to a Bill Younger signing last year in Dover.

The other lights mentioned are not on this trip. I'm only planning on getting to Fenwick Island, Harbor Of Refuge and Delaware Breakwater in Deleware this trip.

I'm going to concentrate on Maryland and sneak in one in Virginia.

Shirin I guess you got some off your list with that boat trip last month that I missed. I'm sure you'll get your 40+3 Club yet.

Rod, thanks for the info. I've added it to my notes. I'm planning on taking my son's digital camera with the 10X optical zoom. I hope to get some nice pictures. I'll be taking my 35MM just in case I can't figure out the digital.

Dennis

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69374 11/15/01 10:22 AM
Shirin Offline
I did get a few more lights towards my 40+3 one the boat trip. But, for some unknown reason, I tend to neglect the Maryland lights. I guess I figure I will always need to go home so I can see stuff then. I tend to go after the long distance trips at this point.

shirin

Shirin
Re: Chesappeake Trip #69375 11/20/01 01:33 AM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
We got back late this afternoon.

I will post more details soon, but there were some changes to the planned trip.

We did not get to Baltimore at all, but we did make it to Asseteague.

I borrowed my son's Digital camera- an Olympus C-2100 with 10X Optical Zoom. I got some nice pictures, but I have to download the software and recharge the batteries before I can get the photos into the computer.

I'll try and get together a full narrative tomorrow. I'm trying to catch up with things before going to work tomorrow.

Dennis

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69376 11/21/01 04:22 AM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Well, here goes. I've added the pictures.

We left Friday morning, not quite as early as originally intended. No special reason, just got up later than planned.

We drove down thru Delaware and crossed the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and got a glimpse of a Lighthouse looking item just before the bridge (more later). I got a picture of Sandy Point lighthouse from the bridge.

We drove over to Sandy Point Park which is just over the bridge and walked down to the shoreline to get as close a look at the Lighthouse and take some pictures.

The resources list this as a place to get a long view of Baltimore Lightouse (emphasis on the long view). Very poor view of it.

I took some pictures of Sandy Point and some of the lights that were displayed in the park in anticipation of a fundraiser drive at night with the Christmas lights lit. (This was starting on the next evening )

We left there and continued South. I was hoping to get to anywhere from 3 to 6 more lights this day.

We did not get to all of them. We stopped at Cove Point on the way to Solomons for Drum Point and the Calvert Maritime Museum.

I knew we could not get near the lighhouse, but I had not realized that you can't even see the tower of the lighthouse, just the Lantern Room peeking over the keeper's house. It's in a private community (a popular theme) and they did not want numerous people coming out there at the same time. this light is being mantained and run by the Calvert Maritime Museum.

they run a Shuttle bus out to the light during the summer, but not in November.

We left Cove Point and drove on to the museum.We took a walk outside the Museum, got a close up view of Drum Point- extremely well restored.

We went inside and found we had just missed the tour of the lighthouse snd it would last for about 1 hr 45 min, due to their being a group of chilfdren being given an extended tout.

We decided to not just sit around and wait, so we left for Point Lookout. I found it strange that although there is a depiction of a Lighthouse on ths sign for the lighthouse at the entrance to the park that bears no resembelence to the actual Lighthouse- it looks more like Cove Point, not Point Lookout.

Unfortunately this light is only open several days per year, and we missed the latest dates by a couple of weeks.

Again, you can't get much of a view, this time , but next time. i did get some pictures.

We did not have enough time to make it to Piney Point before getting back to the museum for the tour of Drum Point. We had some time to walk around the museum and gift shop before the tour- so we tried to get what i call the 3 p's of lighthouse Wackos- pins, patches and postcards. Only got the postcard.

The tour of the lighthouse was worth the wait- the guide was very knowledgeble. Try not to miss this one if you get to the area.

I was getting late by this time, at least from a daylight point of view, so we skipped the last two lights i had hoped to get to on Friday- Ft. Washington and Jones Point.

We pulled into the motel about 7 PM just outside Annapolis. We checked in and went back out for dinner. The adventure begins here- as I was turning into the restaurant my car decided that it did not want to turn.

The Power Steering had disapeared. We had dinner and went back to the motel and got the name of a repair place for the morning.

I checked out where it was and made arrangements for a rental car- it just so happened there was a Budget office right down the street from the Merchants Auto Store.

Saturday morning came and I spent the first hour or so playing musical cars. The mechanic gave me the good news/ bad news- it was either the pump or the rack, and they might be able to get the parts that day.

The good news was that I saw my first Lighthouse of the day as i walked from the repair facility to pick up the rental car- I passed by a store called Lighthouse Liqours.

We left the car in their hands and proceeded on our way to Chincoteague, VA via St Micheals, MD.

We pulled into the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum to see Hooper Strait. The Museum is a very nice one. I got a great price on Admission- free.

They were letting in anyone, along with their companions, in public safety positions. I asked if this included retired Prison ?guards and they said sure. I did make a donation to the Museum.

There are some interesting items at this Museum- in addition to the lighthouse they have the Fog Bell from Point Lookout and many different types of boats used in the Bay area and a new section on Oystering.

The Lighthouse visit was very nice. the guide was as informative as the one at Drum Point. The lightouse has been nicely restored. We got some nice pictures (they will be posted shortly) Make sure you get to this one also.

We left here and drove on to Assateague. We had lucked out and picked one of the few weekends that the lighthouse is actually open.

You can se the lightouse rising out of the trees as you drive over the bridge to the Chincoteague Preserve. There's a nice trail to the lightouse where you get some nice views of it as you walk closer.

There were a couple of very young Coast Guard representatives at the light who answered any questions that we had. The First Order Lens has been removed and replaced by 2 aero beacons. The lens is across the way at the Oyster & Maritime Museum. We climbed to the top and got a look around.

We then took advantage of the all day opening of the wildlife loop in the preserve and drove around the loop. There was some of the Water fowl that the special week was about in the open meadow in the center of the loop.

We saw evidence of the famous ponies, but for almost the entire loop we saw no ponies. We did get to se some just before the end. They basically ignored us, and the people walking on the trail right next to them. I guess they are used to people.

We left the park and stopped at the Oyster Museum and got a picture of the original assateague lens along with the lens from Ft Washington. The rest of the museum was OK, not great. small place with some nice info.

It was getting late by this time and we had a 3 hour drive back to annappolis. I did find out that I got lucky and it was "just" the Power Steering Pump, not the Rack. so it was only $360, not $1150.

I'll post the rest of the trip tomorrow.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 11-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 11-22-2001).]

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69377 11/21/01 01:21 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Part Two

Sunday's plans were vastly changed. We were going to go to meet someone in the Baltimore area and then explore the Inner Harbor and search for some other lights.

This changed for 2 reasons
1. Planned meeting was cancelled
2. We realized that if we went to baltimore on sunday we would have "stayed" in annapolis for 3 days and not seen any of the city.

The first order of business was to pick up my car and drop off the rental. I took a picture of the Lighthouse Liqours sign while there. when we left the Budget place we continued done West Ave and suddenly another Lighthouse appearred- it was a public storage lot called ShurGard.

They have a lighthouse built on the end of the building near the entrance as a symbol of their company. I got a shot of it also.

We spent most of the day walking around the town of Annapolis and the grounds of the Naval Academy. Both are very lovely places to visit.

We went into the State House and they have some nice exhibits there (nothing Lighthouse related, though). We walked around checking out some places and shopping a little.

We then went over to the Naval Academy. You cannot drive onto the grounds anymore, but they still allow you to walk on and they are still giving tours. Take it if you are in Annapolis. The guide we had was very helpful and full of historical information about the Academy.

This brought us to late afternoon and I left the city on a mision. I first wanted to stop at the Scenic Overlook on Rt 450 wher you get a great view of the Academy and Harbor. There is also a Memorial for the servicemen and women who served in WW 2.

We left there and went searching for a better view of Baltimore Lighthouse. I had done a search on my Delorme Street Atlas for likely spots along the coast.

I had decided that taking Cape St Clair Rd (off Exit 29B of Rt 50/301) to the end and turning right on River Bay Rd would accomplish the objective. It worked, with one small caveat.

It brings you into a private community that allows no parking on the road, or in their lot, and allows only residents and their guests into the little park that lets you get a great view of the lighthouse.

I was lucky enough to talk to a resident and she informed me that the towing part was usually only enforced during the warm months. She also stated that if all you were doing was taking a picture no one would probably bother you. She suggested knocking on a house that looked like someone was there and getting permission from them.

We walked down to the shoreline and got some nice pictures from a little observation deck there. this was the first time that I used the digital zoom feature of the C-2100. The lighthouse was still far enough away to not be easily seen with the 10x zoom (aprox 350mm lens). I took pictures both ways - 10x optical and 27x digital.

You can notice a blurring on the digital zoom. I think I'll use that feature sparingly. My son suggeasted taking the picture at the maximum possible resolution any time the digital zoom is used. this gives you the maximum amount of material to work with, so less is lost in the manipulation in Adobe.

I'm still a novice with this digital photo stuff. I need to play around with it more. I hope to get some pictures done ASAP.

We left here and went on our merry way to dinner. We ate at the Chart House in the Eastport section of Annappolis.

We got some nice pictures of the harbor area and of the Naval Academy after dinner.

Monday was time to leave. We were planning on crossing over to the coast and getting to Fenwick Island and then going north.

On the way while on Kent Island we decided to get closer to that Lighthouse we saw on the way into Annapolis. It's about 4-5 miles from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

You get off Exit 38 of Rt 50/301 (Castle Marina Rd) and wind around and over the highway following the signs for Castle Marina Rd. you turn right on Anchor La and go about 1/4 mile and there it is. It appears to be a water tower. It's painted red and white. It looks a little like Harbourtown Light on Hilton Head, except for the lantern room area, from a distance.

I believe someone else posted something about this faux light last month.

We continued on our way and arrived at Fenwick Island. As expected it was just a picture taking stop. This light is open only a very few times a year.

There is a plaque in front of the lightouse explaining the stone marker in place there.

It's denoting the establishment of the Transpeninsular Line which established the boundary between Pennsylvania's 3 Lower counties (now Deleware) and Maryland. This was set in 1751.

We left there and drove up to Rehoboth Beach and got a picture of the Cape Henlopen replica. (located on Grove St at the intersection with Rehoboth Ave about .7 mi from Rt 1)

There were no crowds around here, just like at most other places we went. in fact only Annapolis could be considered crowded, and not even it was very crowded.

We drove on from here up to Cape Henlopen State Park and drove out to the Point to get pictures of Harbor Of Refuge and Deleware Breakwater lights. I had no trouble with Harbor Of Refuge or the Piloting Tower just behind me, but after walking down to the shoreline to get as close as possible to Delaware Breakwater I wne to snap the photo and the batteries on the digital camera died.

I had my 35 mmm with me, but of course it was back in the car. I went back and got it and took some photos. They don't show as much detail, as it's only got a 70mm zoom.

I took some more shots of Harbor Of Refuge and the Pilot tower and left to look for our last Lighthouse related stop of the trip.

We drove into Lewes to find Pilkottown Rd and Canal Front Rd to get a view of the Overfalls Lighthship. Canal Rd is off off RT 9 Business.

The Lighthship looks to be in pretty good shape. There was a sign that said closed, but had no info on when it was open. It is located right next to the Lewes Boat Launch. there is also a small Life Saving Station next to it. It's possible that this is what is open as there was not much info on the sign.

We left there and continued home. This was our last stop.

The final count was

10 Lighthouses with 3 climbed
1 Lightship
2 Faux Lights

And probably about 100 Lighthouse maiboxes, lawn ornaments, etc. Some very impressive, some in the same shape as Mispillion Lighthouse.

Not a bad trip- little pitfalls and lights missed, but that's life.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 11-22-2001).]

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69378 11/21/01 11:19 PM
lmyhre Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Dennis -

I enjoyed your narrative as it brought back recent memories of our trip in conjunction with the reunion in Baltimore. I too, was dissapointed in Cove Point and Point Lookout. We particularly enjoyed Hooper Strait and Drum Point - both are very nicely restored. Somehow, I missed the liquor store in Annapolis!!!

Larry

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69379 11/22/01 01:52 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us Dennis. Enjoyed it very much!

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69380 11/22/01 01:58 AM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I went back and corrected a error in my narrative- I misidentified the Fog Bell Tower located at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.

I indentified it as the Ft Washington Fogbell Tower when it actually is the Point Lookout Fogbell Tower.

Sorry for the confusion- must have mixed up my Maritime museums. Maryland seems to have more Maritime Museums than anyone else. I missed a couple.

Also, Larry if it had not been for my car trouble i would have missed the liqour stor sign myself along with the storage facility.

I'm working on the pictures. i've got them loaded in the computer and i'm tweaking them. I hope to upload them to Photopoint soon.

Glad you enjoyed the story of my trip. I always get a kick out of the stories of others on the list.

Dennis

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69381 11/22/01 02:42 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Dennis,

Sounds like you folks ended up having a nice trip, car problems not withstanding. That area is great to go lighthousing in - you can do so much on day trips. Annapolis is a really great place to visit, just don't think about doing it on a summer weekend. As you noticed, the "downtown" area is somewhat congested and very short of parking spaces. But, lots of high dollar boats cruising in and around! You can also catch an afternoon tour out to Thomas Point during the tourist season.

Dave

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69382 11/22/01 03:15 AM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Dave,

It might be easier to boat into annapolis than drive, although it probably gets very congested during the summer.

I noticed many things that were only avilable up til Septmber or October. makes sense, just did not like it.

There's a Comfort Inn just behind the Calvert Museum that you can pull your boat right up to and dock it. You can see it from Drum Point.

I'll get back down there so i can at least get to the other two still existing screwpiles in the Bay area.

I've got a small start on my 40 +3. at this rate it could take quite a while.

If I had made that trip with you I would have had a few more under my belt.

I'm trying to upload my photos now. I'll add them as soon as I can

Dennis

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69383 11/22/01 02:10 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I posted the pictures taken with the digital camera.

This covers 90% of the trip.

I have to get the photos back from my 35mm with pictures of Delaware Breakwater, Lighthship Overfalls and more of the Pilot Control Tower at Cape Henlopen State Park.

Dennis

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69384 11/23/01 02:17 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Dennis,

Thanks for the pics. The son's new digital did a nice job. Did you have any trouble figuring out all the gizmos and gadgets on it?

I have been working on my 40+3 for several years now. Little difficult since I live some 600+ miles from the Chesapeake, but I am getting there! I am now at 33+3 (I could say 34 'cause if you look east from Point Lookout you see what I believe is Solomon's Lump wayyyyyyyyy out there). Except for Fishing Battery, all the ones that remain for me are at the south end of the Bay (and the Tower).

Be sure you get to Piney Point when you re-visit the area. It is in a very nice setting and has been very well maintained.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave H (edited 11-22-2001).]

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69385 11/23/01 02:28 AM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Dave,

I took the short course in the use of the camera.

I figured out how to take the pictures with a level of resolution that was not the lowest and not the highest.

I played with the zoom, but did not figure out how to turn on the Digital Zoom until I got to Cape St clair and could not get a decent picture of Baltimore Lighthouse without it.

I steered clear of it mostly because my research when looking for my own digital camera discouraged relying on it as the quality of the picture is less.

I wanted to get to Piney Point, but I did not get up early enough and it was either get to both Point Lookout and Piney Point or get to only one and get back to the Calvert Maritime Museum to tour Drum Point.

Given the choice of seeing a lighthouse or seeing and touring one, I choose the latter.

I flipped a mental coin and decided to go to Point Lookout instead of Piney Point.

I'll get there eventually. It will probably take forever to get the 40 +3 for me, but I'll have fun trying.

Dennis

Dennis

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69386 11/23/01 10:45 AM
K
kscroope Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
K
Dennis,
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Great photos...and lots of them!

------------------
KRISTIN ERIN SCROOPE
kristin@scroope.net
http://www.scroope.net/lighthouses/lhlist.htm
http://www.LILighthouseSociety.org

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69387 11/23/01 12:25 PM
Shirin Offline
Dennis,

Sounds like you had a great trip. I love the pics of Annapolis. Reminds me of home.

shirin

Shirin
Re: Chesappeake Trip #69388 11/23/01 10:48 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I know there are no Lighthouses in the Annapolis & Naval Academy pictures, but I figured what the heck - variety is the spice of life and they seemed appropriate at this time.

Dennis

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69389 11/23/01 11:30 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Very nice photos Dennis. Thanks for adding them. Fenwick Island sure looks different from the HL what with that cage? around the lantern room.

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69390 11/24/01 12:54 AM
Larry Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by mombo:
...Fenwick Island sure looks different from the HL what with that cage? around the lantern room.

...and the power lines!

[This message has been edited by Larry (edited 11-23-2001).]

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69391 11/24/01 02:11 AM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I don't know how to work the minor miracles with the different programs that my son has installed on my machine.

I can adjust color, contrast, crop,rotate etc but real photo magic is something I have not learned yet.

Dennis

Re: Chesappeake Trip #69392 11/24/01 04:52 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Seeing that picture of Fenwick from down the street a ways reminded me of a house down the street from me. If you take our road to the end it ends in a T intersection. There is a house straight ahead. I told I.O. that years ago someone had driven right into it. The current owner had just fixed it up (new siding, windows, enclosed porch) and put up a "For Sale" sign. However....it has once again been hit. Half that new porch is gone. In its place is part of a busted guard rail along with the <------> sign. Wonder if anyone has ever driven into the lighthouse???

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 641 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users