Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Half A Loaf Is Better Than None #68207 10/01/01 10:51 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I was hoping to get to meet some of the people I've gotten to know on these Forums, along with the added benefit of getting to see some hard to get to Lighthouses yesterday and today (9-30 &10-1.

Unfortunately it did not quite work out.

I was able to get to concord Point early enough to make the tour and dinner. So, i was lucky enough to get to spend some time with Derith, John , Sue & Paul, Mike & Patty , Gary & Kay Toth, Ryp & Sharon and Gail.

We had a very nice Tour of the Lightouse given by Father Bill. He gave a rundown of the history behind the Lighthouse and the area.

We had a special treat on the way to dinner- the rainbow that Paul showed you in his pictures. Derith found us a very nice place to eat- Price's in Havre de Grace. It has a limited menu, but I heard no one complaining about the food.

We parted company and went our seperate ways- part of the group was spending the night near Cambrige and the others (and I) were in Glen Burnie.

I discovered the real reason Dave Hannum picked the hotel we stayed at- there was a Krispie Kreme next door.

The plan was to go out on the Bay and check out some Lighthouses. This is the half I missed out on. I woke up early this morning under the weather , so to speak. I bailed on that part of the trip. I wanted to go, but it was just not feasible at that particular point in time.

I hope that part went well for Dave, Patty, Mike, Gary, Kay and Shirin.

I'm waiting for their report on it's success.

As I said, I know this might sound like heresy, but I feel I got the best part of the trip- meeting some of the friends i've made on the forum in the flesh. Thanks for the great evening and the understanding.

Dennis

Dennis

Re: Half A Loaf Is Better Than None #68208 10/05/01 10:04 AM
Shirin Offline
Dennis,

We missed having you along on Monday. Despite the cold and overcast weather, I think all enjoyed the trip.
The six of us, Dave, Mike, Patty, Gary, Kay and myself left at 8:10 from Bodkin Creek in Pasadena all bundled up since we knew it was going to be a cold one. Since I went to middle and high school basically right around the corner from the marina I had to stop at my favorite deli Pops on my way there.
Once underway we hit the Craighill Channel Lower Front and Rear Range Lights for our first stops.
We then headed north to Pooles Island. It was a little slow going here since we only had about 5 feet of water to work with.
Next we headed back south towards the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to get close up views of both the Baltimore and the Sandy Point Shoal Lights.
After crossing under the bridge, Thomas Point was our next target. It was nice for me to finally get the chance to see this one up close. My previous view had been from Thomas Point Park in Annapolis and that was a very distant view.
Heading farther south Bloody Point Bar and Sharps Island were our last stops before heading back to Pasadena.
Although the weather was not as nice as the weather forcasters were calling for, it was supposedly going to clear up and get a bit sunny for us, the overcast skies made for some interesting backgrounds for our pictures.
So, if I ever figure out how to post a picture on the forums I'll be sure to share some of my shots.
I hope you are feeling better now. Glad to hear you enjoyed your tour of Concord Point. I would have loved to have joined you all but when you are a transplanted Marylander living in New York and you get tickets to Cal Ripkin's last game at Yankee Stadium you kind of have to let baseball win over the lighthouses. Guess I'll just have to catch up with you at a New Jersey or Long Island Lighthouse event.

shirin

Shirin
Re: Half A Loaf Is Better Than None #68209 10/05/01 10:16 AM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Shirin,

I'm glad the boat trip went well.

I talked to Dave, Gary and Kay on Wednesday at Sandy Hook.

I'm glad you got to the game in NY, even if it did not "officially" happen.

I would have liked to join you on monday, but it was not to be.

I'll catch up with you at Sandy Hook on 10-13. I'll be there for the Lighthouse Challenge. I'll be at Hereford Inlet on Sunday for the NJLHS.

See you next week.

Dennis

Re: Half A Loaf Is Better Than None #68210 10/08/01 09:51 AM
Shirin Offline
Well, after trying for hours to get how to post a picture sorted out, here is the result.

From Left to Right in the back: Gary, Kay, Dave, Patty, Mike
And I'm front and center.

Shirin

[This message has been edited by sweetpshirin (edited 10-08-2001).]

Shirin
Re: Half A Loaf Is Better Than None #68211 10/08/01 10:44 AM
Kaiz Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Shirin's picture didn't come up on my computer, so I'm going to try and repost the picture...we had a great time (the sun could have cooperated more and Dennis was missed)...will post more pictures of the lights we saw later.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=24989&a=13844495&p=54977933[/img]

Patty

Re: Half A Loaf Is Better Than None #68212 10/08/01 11:02 AM
Shirin Offline
You know, I just don't get this picture posting thing. One minute it works on my computer the next it doesn't. Guess I'll have to sit down tonight and try and figure it out for another few hours.

Thanks for reposting the pic Patty.

shirin

Shirin
Re: Half A Loaf Is Better Than None #68213 10/08/01 12:57 PM
wheland Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Patty,

Nice looking group of Wackos.

Sorry I missed it. I did get to meet some more forumites on Wednesday at Sandy Hook.

I'm going to make it to the next Reunion.

Dennis

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,229 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users