Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
South Carolina Trip - HELP #67702 03/22/99 10:05 PM
D
Dea Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I am going to South Carolina the first full week in April. I know I want to see Hunting Island Light, Hilton Head Light, and up to Charleston for Morris Island. Any tips on Places to stay, what not to miss while we're there, maps, tours, other lights near by,etc... We have tried to get a cabin at Hunting Island State Park, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I really want to get all I can out of the trip. THANK YOU!

Re: South Carolina Trip - HELP #67703 03/23/99 02:01 AM
Art Offline
Dea,

I'm planning to go through SC on a family trip in May, so be sure to keep us posted on your own experiences!

Here's a link I found useful in planning my VA/NC/SC/GA trip. It parallels my plans almost exactly. I don't think it has the detail you're looking for, but it might still be useful.

http://aristotle.ipl.org/exhibit/light/Seventeenth.html

Have a nice trip!

-Art

-Art
Re: South Carolina Trip - HELP #67704 03/23/99 02:05 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Sounds like you plan to base in southern SC. If so, Savanah GA is real close. Go out to Tybee Island to see the re-done tower. On the way to Tybee you will be able to see Cockspur Island (HL Collectors Club gift piece this year). Depending on how much driving you like to do, the southern end of Georgia isn't really all that far and you could hit St. Simons.

Pick up Southeastern Lighthouses by Roberts & Jones and for info on all Eastern seaboard ligts look for America's Atlantic Coast Lighthouses by Kochel. Maybe also some of the pin point maps that were talked about not too long ago.
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum15/HTML/000009.html

Hope this has enlightened you a little.
Have a great trip and be sure to post a report.

Dave

(Should have looked at your profile first, but will leave note on Georgia lights so maybe someone else gets an idea.)

[This message has been edited by Dave H (edited 03-22-99).]

Re: South Carolina Trip - HELP #67705 03/23/99 01:07 PM
D
Dea Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you Art and Dave. Yes, Dave I live in GA and LOVE Tybee! I will checkout the sites you listed and will definately keep let you know, Art, how are trip goes. If you find anything else, let me know!

------------------

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,037 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users