Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Whitefish Point and Pt. Iriquois in Winter #67476 03/23/04 12:02 PM
Jenifer Selwa Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
My other half and I decided to make a trek north about a week ago. I've lived in Michigan my entire life and never crossed the Mighty Mac in winter! My cousin has a house in Cheboygan so we stayed with him and went up to Whitefish Point and Pt. Iriquois.

I was standing on a 15 foot snowbank from the plowed parking lot for this shot.

The orange fence all the way around the light was posted to keep out the snowmobilers. There was also almost three feet of snow on the ground! the roads were plowed and dry all the way out there though, otherwise we wouldn't have gone.

The view looking west from Whitefish Point out on Lake Superior. You can see the impending snow coming in!

Those little things sticking up out of the snow are part of the stone fence pillars that surround the light at Pt. Iriquois. Buried!

By 5pm, the sun was ducking the clouds and the snow was close. I shot a few more and we headed back to my cousin's to bask in his 160 degree just-finished handcrafted sauna overlooking Lake Huron.

Re: Whitefish Point and Pt. Iriquois in Winter #67477 03/23/04 02:04 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Very nice pictures Jen. There sure is still a lot of snow on the ground. I really like the last picture as the sun was starting to go down.

We have been in the 70's the past week. The temps have been more like May than March. Just 3 weeks ago we had over a foot of snow on the ground and now we have none. The daffodils are blooming and the yard workers have already come in for the spring clean-up.

Re: Whitefish Point and Pt. Iriquois in Winter #67478 03/23/04 03:18 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Great Shots, Jen!

Those pix of Whitefish Point look like a painting!

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,766 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users