Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lighthouses Nearest to Spokane WA #66204 01/03/07 08:41 PM
BeaconBob Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Not that I'm going to have even the remotest chance of seeing any but what is the absolute closest lighthouse to Spokane WA?
I will be traveling out to the left coast to visit a good friend of mine with a very busy schedule planned but I really want to see a lighthouse while out there!
Aren't I a REAL Wacko?
Can anyone help me with what lighthouse is the absolute closest and how far in driving miles is it away from Spokane?
Many thanks!

Bob J ~ 65 Lighthouses, 2 Lightships, 25 Life Saving Stations Visited ~
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12
Re: Lighthouses Nearest to Spokane WA #66205 01/03/07 10:31 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I believe the closest lighthouse to Spokane would be Alki point which is about 285 miles and 5 hours from Spokane.

Mukilteo is about 295 mi and 5 1/4 hours from Spokane and is easier to see and get photos of.

The Lighthship Swiftsure is almost exactly between the other two as is West Point LH- but it's a long walk out to it and you can't drive right up to it- or at least you are not supposed to do so.

Point No Point is a ferry ride acroos from there.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

Re: Lighthouses Nearest to Spokane WA #66206 01/03/07 10:41 PM
BeaconBob Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the info!
I was afraid of that...I was looking on a map and saw that I was on the opposite side of the state! I wasn't sure how far that really was because the map I was using was a very general one and didn't show lighthouses on it.
It will be very difficult for me as it will take the better part of the morning just to get there. Not much time to go sight-see and then drive all the way back.
I'll keep my fingers crossed! Plus, I heard that they are having avalanche closures on some of the roads so that driving might be out anyway!

Bob J ~ 65 Lighthouses, 2 Lightships, 25 Life Saving Stations Visited ~
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,229 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users