Print Thread
Door County Lighthousing with Rosemont #64610 02/03/02 10:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you planning to go lighthousing in Door County in conjunction with Rosemont in June, that is a wonderful time to visit DC. When I get a chance I'll post some pics on here from my last two trips to DC, one in late October the other last June. There are some great places to photograph the lights and some times of day that work better than others for some of them that you learn from experience. If there's interest, I'll open a topic to describe some of the locations and will link in some pics from those locations for folks to see.

Gary

Re: Door County Lighthousing with Rosemont #64611 02/03/02 12:44 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
By all means, do it, Gary.

Re: Door County Lighthousing with Rosemont #64612 02/03/02 04:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I need to upload some photos to enable me to link them to a thread here, John. I'll start on that today. I need to clean up the captioning for some of what I already have sitting out on webphotos anyway which is where I'll link from. I'd planned to do that today so I'll just upload the additional shots that I need at the same time. I anticipate having this started in a day or two. One long multi-installment thread John or separates for each of the lights? I'm ok either way but would appreciate your suggestion on the best approach to take for those who use the forums.

Gary

Re: Door County Lighthousing with Rosemont #64613 02/03/02 06:24 PM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Looking forward to your posts on this Gary. We are doing Michigan lights in June too.

Ruthie

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Door County Lighthousing with Rosemont #64614 02/05/02 08:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has been considerable interest in this topic. I've begun transferring photos off to a website to which I can link them to a forum thread. I'll probably end up doing two separate items, one for those heading up to Door County, the other for individuals who want to do the Michigan lights. My thoughts were to try to put together a sort of virtual photo tour guide for folks with directions on where to get the best shots, when the best times are to be at a particular location, and what sorts of photos you can get - both at the right time and if I have them, at less than optimal times (those tend to end up getting thrown out). I suspect that I won't get the first of the posts done until some time this weekend. I'm looking forward to hopefully having the chance to meet a number of folks in conjunction with Rosemont.

Gary

Re: Door County Lighthousing with Rosemont #64615 02/13/02 01:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK,the lighthouse virtual photo tour guide for those going to Door County in conjunction with Rosemont this year has been started over on the Lighthouse Photography forum. I began by putting up some information and photos on the Manitowoc, Wisconsin North breakwater light and south breakwater lighted marker this evening. Hope you all enjoy these as they go up. I'll do the same with the lights along the Michigan shore interspersed with those of the Wisconsin lights as a number of folks will either be coming through Michigan or will come around this side of the big pond in June rather than going up to Door County.

Gary

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 620 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users