Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lighthousing Scrapbook #64403 01/08/05 11:57 AM
seagirt Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I was thinking that it might be fun to create a scrapbook of all my lighthousing adventures. A little picture of each light, and maybe a paragraph about the visit.

It seems like a lot of you have done this. Any tips? We just got a printer that does both photos and regular. I figured I could print 8 wallets on a sheet to save paper. Kind of like an LH Stickers journal, but with my own photos as the stickers.

Any ideas? I'm pretty oppen, I don't know thing one about scrapbooking.

Re: Lighthousing Scrapbook #64404 01/08/05 01:28 PM
Jenifer Selwa Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hey greg,

Check out www.mypublisher.com. Free software and cheap alternative to scrapbooking.

Re: Lighthousing Scrapbook #64405 01/11/05 03:08 AM
A
alabamalighthouses Offline
A
Greg,
I'm big into scrapbooking and decided a couple summers ago, after a trip running down the East Coast from VA to FL lighthousing, to create a lighthousing scrapbook. I do full albums, so it's a bit bigger than what you suggested, but what I added to each light was a block of info on every light ( Year built, tower height, Lens size (original if it'd been replaced), # of steps in the tower and approx. visbility of lens) I then added any photo's, postcards, stamps, handouts etc... to the pages. While it's not ornate in the realm of scrapbooking, it is by far my favorite album that I've created in the last 12 years. I would highly recommend putting something together, and leave room for additions! I'm happy to say I've had to make several addendums to my album, or updates to the lights' status etc... The other thing I added in the front was a list of all the lights I've seen in person, with a spot for marking if I've been able to climb it. I know for many of you that would be nearly impossible, but for this newbie it's neat to track them and put my little star next to them once climbed! Good luck in your endeavor!! If i can help in any way, holler!
Several Year Lurker,
Christi

Re: Lighthousing Scrapbook #64406 01/11/05 11:42 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Hi Christi - any way you can photograph some of your scrapbook pages? I'm sure many of us could be inspired by your work and methods.

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,415 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users