I am back from Maine for 6 days now. Trying to catch up on laundries in between working. I had an incredable trip. JFK is a zoo. They dont give you warning that you will be boarding, its more like OK get on now. I was not sure my friend would make it to Maine because of delays but we both got in. It was a miracle.
I had made an intinerary for all the things I wanted to see and do. Thank god I learned not to fill in every waking hour. At the airport I had to change hotels and a boat ride with Bold coast tours for a different day. It all worked out. The first 3 days it rained off and on. They say just wait 2 hours and the weather will change. It did. If you read between the Weather.com and the weather guys on the news you get something closer to real weather. Had a couple great days of weather and it wasnt to cold. One 80 degree day. I had lobster 8 out of 10 days. I loved it. It will take me 2 weeks to get to my pictures and then I will post them.
I did 2 plane rides INCREDIBLE, 3 ferries(I did Grindle 2x) and 2 boat rides. I never saw so many eagles. I landed on Machias Seal Island and went into a blind (Big would box with little Wood slots for windows) to get pictures of Puffins and Razzor bills. Oh boy did I get shots. There were other birds but since I am a lighthouser not a birder I dont know what they were. If you go you must do this it is so different. More to come.