Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rumors - West Coast Lighthouse Tour? #62984 02/23/04 10:29 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I've heard rumors that the Lighthouse Pixie is planning on taking a busload of friends on a repeat of the 2003 trip up the West Coast of the USA.

Anybody on that trip last time want to do an 'endorsement'? Had any complaints? See enough lighthouses?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Re: Rumors - West Coast Lighthouse Tour? #62985 02/23/04 11:28 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
John,

I can't answer your question, but I can state it's not a rumour.

I saw a notice about it on the NELL site last night. I floated a trial balloon in front of Esther and she shot it down very quickly.

We've done most of the CA part of this trip and a small bit of OR. We'll have to be satisfied with our East Coast Lighthouse trips in March in FL and in June to ME & probably the Atlantic Provinces (at least Nova Scotia).

I believe that a good time was had by all on last year's trip. Here's a link to one thread about it-

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/cgi-bin/forumscgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000666

Here's another-

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/cgi-bin/forumscgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000642

Dennis

Re: Rumors - West Coast Lighthouse Tour? #62986 02/24/04 05:38 AM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
JUST WANTED TO REPEAT WHAT I SAID ABOUT THE TRIP LAST YEAR...DON'T MISS OUT "THE PIXIE FROM DIXIE" IS DOING IT AGAIN...DERITH RULES AS QUEEN OF THE TOUR GUIDES!

We went places that I would never had thought I'd go. I climbed mountains that I never thought I could. Our luncheon tour of San Francisco Bay was not on a regular tour boat...it was a "FIRST CLASS YACHT" with waiters in tux's. It was a "royal treat."

We had the very best bus driver, Joe Mountain. His wife Sue came along too and she was such a dear person. They too help make this a special trip. They are now "lighthouse followers." By the end of the trip Joe had so many lighthouse pins on his lighthouse hat that I think he could hardly pick it up.

Part of the rumour I've heard for this year is...

Quote:
The trip this summer is beginning in San Diego on June 26th and ending on July 12th in Portland. We are doing about the same trip except that we are getting to tour Piedras Blancas this year and we will be in San Fran one
more day. That is so HL collector's can go to the San Fran Regional. I have changed some of the visits so we will not have to worry about travel time.It is my hope to do Pt. Reyes one afternoon while we are in San Fran rather
than go out really early and have the same weather conditions. That way (when going north from San Fran) we can go further up the interstate before turning west to Pt. Arena and then we will get to Cabrillo earlier. We may
even get underway every morning by 7:30 since most folks are ready to roll by then. While I have not arrived at the final cost, it will be about $1,500 per person. That will include everything we did last year plus staying at
Pt. Montara for one night. It does not include airfare or the majority of
meals.
If you missed last years trip you should try to make it to this one I think Derith has a few new twists to this trip...I highly recommend this tour and can sum it all up into one big word... AWESOME!
Ruthie smile

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Rumors - West Coast Lighthouse Tour? #62987 03/19/04 08:37 PM
Jake Offline
AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!!!!!! The entire trip was AWESOME, having been spectacularly put together by our guide, Miss Pixie from Dixie. I still look back upon the trip with fond memories of the people and places.
Adding to the experience was our bus driver Joe and his wife Sue (as Ruthie already mentioned). Joe and Sue were filled with so much history and so many anecdotes about the coast (not to mention Joes bus driver sotries... wink ) it just made the trip that much more fantastic. The trip sounds even better this year, and I wish I could go.
All in all, I HIGHLY recommend it!

Jakers

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,807 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users