cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
NELL Connecting in Connecticut #62874 05/20/03 11:02 PM
Shirin Offline OP
OP Offline
This past weekend was the spring meeting of NELL. Our meeting started 9AM in the meeting room of the New Haven Hojo's. We discussed many club items including our upcomming Benefit on the Block event August 9th. I got a few minutes in there to discuss what I've been able to sort of get done as far as Publicity and Membership now that I've taken over both functios for the club. If you want more details about us or our events, check out our site www.nell.cc We had a silent auction, door prizes, raffle prizes and a special live auction. One of our members repainted a Harbour Lights Ship John Shoal to look like the Southwest Ledge Light in New Haven. The doctored up piece went for over $250! And that all goes into our preservation fund.

Afterwards, most members went on to Seaside Park in Bridgeport to walk out to the breakwater light and to get a distant view of the Tongue Point Light from the park. Penfield Reef Light is a very distant view from the park as well. I had another meeting in NJ so I didn't make these lights.

Sunday morning we met at the Stratford Point Light where we were able to climb the tower and enjoy the view on such a beautiful day. From there is was on north to New Haven to climb the Five Mile Point Light in Lighthouse Park. Our final stop was to take a 2.5 hour cruise on the schooner Quinnipiac out to get a close up view of the Southwest Ledge Light. From there we split up for dinner or to go home.

It was a great weekend with a bunch of great lighthouse lovers! Hopefully we will be able to add a few of you lighthouse nuts on this site to our membership. Our next big meeting is our fall meeting and it looks like we will be heading way up north to see some Vermont lights.

Shirin
Re: NELL Connecting in Connecticut #62875 05/21/03 09:11 PM
RFoster Offline
Shirin - you are such an enthusiastic Chair of Membership and Publicity. We are lucky to have you as part of our family of lighthouse lovers. Your pictures here are great and I want to thank you for sharing them with all of us.

"Keeping The Flame Alive in New England"
Ron

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: NELL Connecting in Connecticut #62876 05/22/03 08:19 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Great pics, Shirin!

smile Bob smile

Re: NELL Connecting in Connecticut #62877 06/04/03 09:30 AM
Shirin Offline OP
OP Offline
For those who are interested, the NELL website has been updated to include more pictures from this event as well as a trip report and a few other items. Check it out!

Shirin

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,052 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users