Print Thread
48 Lighthouses #61979 06/29/01 08:32 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
L
I'm not good at this so bear with me we saw 48 Lights I probely missed some here but you get the idea
Well Kathy & I made it back 13 days driving around Lake Erie & Ontario 48 lighthouses later
Left Friday the 15th from Holland went into Canada at Port Huron drove along the Lake St. Clair until we came to a town of Sombra stopped at a restaurant for dinner and asked our waitress if there was a motel or hotel around she said there’s a B&B next door the owners of the restaurant own the B&B so we stayed there for the night $65 Canadian. We had the whole house to ourselves it was a great start to our vacation. The B&B was half a block from the river so we walked down to it sat on the bank I was looking across the river and lo and behold there was a Lighthouse across the way it was Windmill Point.

Saturday morn on our way to Thames River Light, Port Burwell light we climbed that one.
Then Old Long Point, its private and redone looks good. On to Port Dover. Spent the night there at another B&B very nice.

Sunday on to Port Maitland Range Light, Mohawk Island Light, a ways out but could see it. Port colborn Inner & Outer Lights, Point Albino a little further out but could see with a good camera. Then Niagara River Range Light, Port Dalhomise Range. Spent the night in Hamilton.

Monday went to African Safari and Botanical Gardens it was great then stayed east of Hamilton right on Lake Ontario.

Tuesday, crossed over to U.S. Fort Niagara, Thirty Mile Point, Charlotte Genesee, Sodus Light & Outer climbed Sodus Light stayed at the B&B right next door our room had a view of the Light.

Wednesday, Oswego Light, Stormy Point and Selkirk where we stayed for two nights it was nice just relaxed and Mombo visited us had a nice visit.

Friday on to Clayton it rained all day got our motel. Saturday had our boat ride up the St. Lawrence cloudy day Rock Island, Sunken Rock, Sisters Island yes Mombo we took extra pics. Will get them to you soon. Crossover Light it’s for sale $500,000. I don’t think it’s a bad price for the whole thing. On to Ogdensberg Light, Windmill Point, Prescott Harbor,. On the way back it began to rain we already got our pics. Met another wacko on the boat beconlights (hope I got that right)

Sunday went to see the Bolt Castle then took the ferry to Wolf Island then a two-car ferry to Simcoe Island to see Nine Mile Point Light it was very nice. Then to Tibbet’s Point which is a Hostel we stayed there but we were in the keepers house from our room we had a great view of the light at night it’s a working light.

Monday went to Buffalo Main Light, South Light, Sturgeon Light, Dunkirk, Barcelona, Presque Isle. North, & Presque Isle Light, Erie Land Light. Beautiful area spent the night there in Erie.

Tuesday, Ashtabula Light, Fairport Harbor Main & Breakwater Lights, Cleveland East & West Pier Lights. Lorain Breakwater, Vermilion Lighthouse replica. Spent the night in Huron.

Wednesday went to Cedar Point YES we did the COASTERS
Thursday Marblehead Light then
HOME
Had a great time 2400 miles 90% on back roads stayed on Circle & Shore Line Trails.
Any body wants more info on anything feel free to ask.
Most of the Lights you could get in we were a day early or a day late to climb

Larry & Kathy Wich

Larry
Re: 48 Lighthouses #61980 06/30/01 01:19 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Wow guys, you did great! Glad you got over to Simcoe Island as it's a neat little excursion. And you even stayed at Tibbett's Point too! I was thinking of you on Saturday as we had rain here most of the day. At least you didn't get it until your return trip. Enjoyed meeting with you and visiting at Selkirk and glad you had a safe trip. Say, did the PBS crew show up at Selkirk? Did you get interviewed or anything?

Re: 48 Lighthouses #61981 07/01/01 10:27 PM
2beacons Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Larry and Kathy,

What a trip!!!!! It souunds like you two had a great time. We will have to see your pictures sometime. Take care and rest up for your next adventure.

2beacons

Re: 48 Lighthouses #61982 07/01/01 11:43 PM
N
Nana Offline
N
So glad to know that you had great adventures while you were on your trip. Perhaps you can bring your photos to Baltimore and share with the forum group. Rest up now until its time to go again.
Derith

Re: 48 Lighthouses #61983 07/02/01 09:50 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
L
mombo PBS finally showed up in the afternoon no they didn't interview us. now we got to stay hame for a while no more vac. or $$$.
2beacons will give you a line to show you the pics. we can't make it to Baltimore
we need to build the account $ back up now
Larry

Larry

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,420 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users