cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Summer vacation in the South #61729 08/04/02 02:16 AM
TD Offline OP
OP Offline
I just returned from a great trip down south. First we flew from Mpls. to Charleston and saw Sullivan Island and Morris Island. What a sight to see such a beautiful Light surrounded by water. That will take a huge sum of money to get Morris Island saved.
Then down to Beaufort and Hunting Island. What a view from this light. The beach area was beautiful.
Then down to Savannah and saw Cockspur and Tybee. Spoke to Cullen Chambers for a half an hour on lights. What a great guy! Tybee is awesome.
Then down to see St. Simons since the last time I was there i got there when the tower was closed.
Quick stop in St. Augustine.
Climbed Tybee, St. Simons and St. Augustine in one day.
Two days in Orlando (Kindergarten Teacher convention) for my wife where I lived at the pool.
Then my last stop Sanibel. Since my wife really isn't into lighthouses I was very happy to get to these lights and still keep the wife happy with shopping, carriage rides and tours.
Favorite city of the trip, hands down Charleston.

Re: Summer vacation in the South #61730 08/04/02 02:43 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Sounds like you had a fun summer trip, TD. For the wife to not be into lighthouses, she sure did let you get in some quality lighthousing!

Dave

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,213 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users