Print Thread
Seattle #61661 07/11/99 06:41 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
L
Made it to Seattle and back had a great time saw 7 lights. Used a lot of Arts imfo. First light Mukilteo real nice tide was out so went to front of it on the beach got some nice shots and video of it, the gift shop was closed. Then took ferry across to see Admiralty Head on ferry you can get better shots of Mukilteo. I really liked Admiralty we could go in it and tour it.
Next Point Wilson got some good shots there, on to Morrowstone Light you can get best shot from top of the hill the light is private can't get to close. Next Alki Point another really nice light. All these in one day and 3 ferrys busy day.
Next day it was raining which is normal took ferry was going to see point no point but was raining so well catch it on way back headed for New Dungeness light it said 5 miles I figured round trip, it stoped raining sun came out so we took a walk down the beach it's 5 miles "ONE WAY" after 1 1/2 hour fast walk there it was worth it can go up the tower what a view. If you join the chapter there you can spend a week there Kathy and I are going to join but there is a two year wait by then well be ready. Then a 5 mile hike back we were over half way and it started to drizzle got back tired a little wet went to see a falls up the road
Merrymore yes we had to walk a trail again I think Kathy was trying to kill me. But the falls were very nice.
Headed back to home base started to rain again stoped at Point no Point to get some shots in the rain but were in a hurry to catch the ferry made it to the ferry with 10 minutes to spare.
Next trip was to Mt.. Reinar what a drive made a stop at Crystal Mt. Ski Area you can take the ski lift to the top so we did and they were still skiing on the 5th of July. Lots of snow up there. Then on to Snoqualmie Falls what a falls. All that was a full day, and about all of it, all and all what a trip Great Light and senic drives.
Larry

Larry
Re: Seattle #61662 07/12/99 03:43 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hey Larry,

It sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for telling us about your trip. I Hope that you and Kathy have got some rest and dried out.

-Todd

Re: Seattle #61663 07/13/99 07:39 PM
A
Al and Kathy Offline
A
Larry, thanks for telling us about your trip. Beautiful country, isn't it?

Kathy

Re: Seattle #61664 07/14/99 11:30 PM
Art Offline
Thanks for sharing, Larry. I loved the area. Sounds like you had a good time, too. I missed my chance to see New Dungeness. Guess I'll have to go back some day.

------------------
-Art

-Art

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,652 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users