cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Help Planning a Post Long Island Regional Lighthouse Trip #60752 08/12/03 01:19 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I'm hoping to extend my stay after the Long Island Regional by 4-7 days and want some ideas on which lighthouses to visit.

I've been to all the Long Island lights (Thanks Bob Scroope!), not been to NYC lights. Been to all the Cape Cod lights, not been to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard or to the Northern MA shore lights.

Been to the lights from Kittery to Portland, not been to the Maine lights north of Portland. Been to most of the RI lights, but not to Block Island.

I know I can't see all these areas, so which should I go for?

So. which area would you say I should go for? And in that area, which lights should I 'focus' on? Any suggestions on travel time between lights would be good.

There's a possibility I might charter a small plane and do some aerials and if you have any suggestions as to airports, and even pilots, let me know.

Re: Help Planning a Post Long Island Regional Lighthouse Trip #60753 08/12/03 09:09 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
John,

John and I haven't seen too many lights on Long Island so that is what we are going to focus on.

We would like to go to Block Island if there was a way to get over there from the NY side. If you have any plans for trying to see Block Island, we would love to join up with you.

Re: Help Planning a Post Long Island Regional Lighthouse Trip #60754 08/12/03 10:32 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I was thinking lately about an 'island tour' hitting Block Island for a day or two, then Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket for a day or two each. Haven't seen the lights on any of those.

There is a year-round ferry from Orient Point to New London and from New London to Block Island. Another from Block Island to Point Judith RI.

Then on to the Cape for the trips to Vineyard and Nantucket.

Anyone have thoughts on this tour?

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Dave H, Rock), 1,471 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users