Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Straits Cruises #60138 08/25/99 01:32 PM
jakescol Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
We are off again. This time to the Straits of Mackinaw, with GLLKA. We are doing a cruise of the lighthouses to the East of the Bridge one day and to the west of the bridge the next day. Weather reports are Great and we hope to see all the lights off shore. Not to mention being with a lot of great people. Will give you a report when we return. We'll be camping at the Old Mill Camp Ground, just east and south of the Straits. If you're coming, look us up
Jake & Gloria.

Jake Toering

Re: Straits Cruises #60139 08/25/99 07:36 PM
Digger Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Stayed at that campground many times. If you hear me knocking, cut a hole in the floor and let me in, OK. Have a great time!

Re: Straits Cruises #60140 08/26/99 03:01 AM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
Going to be close to you Jake, but no cigars. We leave later tonight on a lighthousing trip up the west shore of Michigan, from Michigan City to Traverse City and all between. Will be chartering a boat out to North and South Manitou Island Lights on Sunday, but not as far north as White Shoal. If I feel ambitious though, you may want to keep an eye out for a guy swimming towards your boat with a camera in a large platic bag! Paul is *making* me wade out into the water (since the level is really low this year) at Mission Point for a nice waterside view of the light. If I wade out really far, you may pass right by me on your West tour boat. LOL.
Rod Watson
Re: Straits Cruises #60141 08/31/99 12:11 PM
jakescol Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
We're back again! On Friday we went East of the Mackinaw Bridge. We saw Round Island, Round Island Passage, Bois Blank, Spectacle Reef, Poe Reef, 14 Ft. Shoal, and then to Cheyboygan, to see the Front & Rear Range Lights as well as the Crib light and the Mighty Mackinaw which was in port. Great Trip.
On Saturday we went West of the Bridge to see White Shoals, Greys Reef, Waugoshance, St. Helena, Old Mackinaw Point.
The trips were arranged by GLLKA through Sheplers boat company. The trips were great, the captain get as close to the lights as he could, and the photo oppurtunities were outstanding.
GLLKA puts on several of these trips and conferences all year long. I encourage you to join and take advantage of these outings
Jake

Re: Straits Cruises #60142 08/31/99 10:28 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
Jake
Kathy and I were also on that trip we had a great time were you on top or bottom hope to do many more of those trips
Larry

Larry

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,324 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users