Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Open House at Cedar Keys / Seahorse Key #59950 09/30/04 08:25 AM
Shortcake Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Open House at Cedar Keys, FL Oct. 16th and 17th. The Oct. Open House is in conjunction with the Cedar Key Seafood and Art Festival. So there will be plenty to do and see. Come on Down and come earlie so that you can get a seat on one of the tour boats out to the island!

I will be looking for those WACKO badges! laugh

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Open House at Cedar Keys / Seahorse Key #59951 09/30/04 02:20 PM
Elmer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thanks for the info Steph! Carol & I will be flying down to Florida on the 13th and will be staying with some friends at Spring Hill, FL. for a few days before heading of to a timeshare in Orlando. Will try to make it over there for the openhouse. laugh

Dan

Re: Open House at Cedar Keys / Seahorse Key #59952 10/01/04 01:39 AM
Shortcake Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Wonderful Dan, I will look for you! cool

Stephanie

Re: Open House at Cedar Keys / Seahorse Key #59953 10/11/04 01:21 AM
Shortcake Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Just bringing this to the top. As this weekend is nearing.

Although it is not looking good for Joe and I at this time. He is in the middle of a very important blowdown test at work and won't be able to get away to go to Cedar Key. Don't know what will happen with the Graveyard Tours without him. And myself.... don't know. We have been planing this weekend for months now (as we always do for Cedar Key) but, we may not make it this trip after all. frown frown frown frown frown

Stephanie

Re: Open House at Cedar Keys / Seahorse Key #59954 10/11/04 01:54 AM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Shortcake,

Wish that I could take your place. But I have to pass.

Bob

Re: Open House at Cedar Keys / Seahorse Key #59955 10/11/04 08:18 PM
Elmer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi Steph,

Hoping you can make it. Carol & I will try to fit it in. We'll be flying down to Orlando on Weds. and will rent a car. From there we'll be staying with some friends in Spring Hill for a few days. From there we planned to go back to a timeshare unit in Orlando on Fri. With the Open House on the WE, we'll have to decide if we'll go to Orlando on Friday as planned and then drive back to Cedar Keys for the openhouse or stay an extra day or two with our friends in Spring Hill which isn't too far from Cedar Keys. ?????

Question for you ... how much time would you allocate for the Cedar Keys visit? Is it better in the morning or later in the day, i.e. sunset?? Is it pretty jammed up with people and can we expect lines and waits??

Dan

Re: Open House at Cedar Keys / Seahorse Key #59956 10/12/04 01:55 AM
Shortcake Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Quote:
how much time would you allocate for the Cedar Keys visit? Is it better in the morning or later in the day, i.e. sunset?? Is it pretty jammed up with people and can we expect lines and waits??
Dan,

1. How much time depends on what all you want to do. Are you interested in spending some time in the town of Cedar Key at the Seafood Fest, before or after comeing out to the island?

The tour boat will also stop at one of the other islands too, will you want to spend some time there siteseeing?

Will you get there earlie enough to get a parking spot? Or will you have to walk blocks to the docks? Will you be lucky enouth to get on the first boat out when you get there or will you have to wait for a later one?

There are many factors to consider here. I would sugjest that you plan on spending the day. You could most likely get a good tour of the Lighthouse and graveyard in about an hour on Seahorse Key, but many other things have to be considered.

2. Morning or later in the day? I would say earlie morning would be best, as the boat trips fill up quick. There are several boats that will take you out there (even an airboat if that's what you would like to do), but if you don't get your name on the list earlie you may have to wait a long time befor your name is called. And I think the last boat runs at something like 2:30.

3. lines and waits. Mostlikely!

But if you know for sure that you are coming and you wouldn't mind "camping out, inside a lighthouse", then send me an email with your phone number to einahpetSrelgniD@aol.com and I will try to get you out to the island with us on friday to stay overnight. No Promises! But I would try to do this for you, if you want.

Stephanie

Re: Open House at Cedar Keys / Seahorse Key #59957 10/12/04 12:25 PM
Elmer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi Steph,

Thanks for your thoughts on a Cedar Keys visit. Where our original plans were to leave Spring Hill on Friday and go to Orlando ... our timeshare week's stay starts on Friday ... I think we'll stay an extra night with our friends in Spring Hill and drive up to Cedar Keys early Saturday morning. Will figure on spending most of the day there and then head to Orlando Saturday evening. Thanks for the offer for Friday but think we'll drive up on Saturday. I take it you'll definitely be there!!? Will watch out for you and will be wearing my WACKO badge.

Be Well, Dan

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,251 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users