Print Thread
Signing Pieces #5974 04/25/08 02:50 PM
R
rgurskey Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
R
Does anyone seek to have multiple signatures on a piece?

I have a few LE's that are signed by Bill and Nancy and the entire Chesapeake Challenge of LEs is signed by Bill, Nancy, Kim and Harry. However, most of my signed pieces just have Bill's signature.

Re: Signing Pieces #5975 04/25/08 03:02 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Robert, I think the challenge would be somewhere that all four of them have been. With the Maryland Challenge, at some time or another they have all been in the area which is neat. And, the pieces you have gotten multiple signatures on are special to you primarily because of the Challenge.

I have pieces signed by various of them, but we have not had signing events in this area for a while. The reunion pieces that were shipped to collectors homes generally have had at least 3 signatures on them. And, there have been a number of times that Bill, Nancy and Kim have appeared at the same time - mostly at Lighthouse Depot, but I also believe it has happened at some of the regionals.

Re: Signing Pieces #5976 04/25/08 05:19 PM
R
rgurskey Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
R
Dave, most of my pieces that have multiple signatures were not signed at the same event. Usually Nancy or Kim signed before Bill returned to the area and I got his signature.

The Chesapeake LLOMs were signed over 4 challenges which does make them special to me.

Now I have to find unsigned pieces to bring to the Regional at Cedar Point. smile

Re: Signing Pieces #5977 04/25/08 05:36 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
The Challenge is what has brought the family to Maryland one at a time. I didn't make myself very clear on that. I believe the "central" challenge area has seen more of the family than any other similar area, with the possible exception of Wells ME. A wonderful opportunity for collectors in the area to not only enjoy a fun event, but also to visit with one of the Younger family. All you need to do is start lining up nice weather for the challenges and it will be the trifecta of weekends.

Re: Signing Pieces #5978 04/25/08 06:44 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Does anyone seek to have multiple signatures on a piece?
Whenever it is possible.
The only events in the south that you could get all four HL family to sign would be the 2001 HL Reunion in Baltimore, the Atlanta trade show and the first regional in Atlanta. All the other southern regionals it was possible to get three signatures, Bill, Nancy and Kim. Also Kim Nancy and Bill (Nancy missed two) was at all St augustine Store events while Harbour Lights was owned by younger family.
At least three were at the Tybee relighting. Kim and Bill was at one of the store signins at Sanders in Georgia.

DANIEL
Re: Signing Pieces #5979 04/25/08 07:50 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
You guys are forgetting on of the best signatures.. HARRY HINE!!!

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,136 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users