Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
When are we going to get some Information? #59391 05/23/10 03:23 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Unless I missed it somewhere in the midst of all the hectic happenings prior to my lap band surgery, where is the updated product information that was supposed to be released in April? Also, isn't it about time for the information on the second half of 2010 releases to be announced?

Understand that I'm not complaining, but, only interested in getting an update.

Rich
Re: When are we going to get some Information? #59392 05/24/10 12:25 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I was just wondering the same. Very interested in seeing some updated product info, and I always can't wait for the new release announcements.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: When are we going to get some Information? #59393 05/25/10 04:57 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Me, too. Anxiously awaiting the update! Also, I saw a HL528 Point Fermin this morning with #5878...book has it listed as 5357 being the edition amount. That's an extra 500 or more known.
I really need to know what has been retired, since everything in the Collector's Guide should now be retired??? I can't find any of the "suspended" GLoW's from retailers or the secondary markets, either. Apparently they are all sold out or a mystery?
And yes, what, when and where are the summer releases? :rolleyes:

Angels Gate
Re: When are we going to get some Information? #59394 05/25/10 06:33 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
The Product list is in the final stages.. Tony is trying to make sure it is as accurate as he can get it. I have been proofing it against my inventory list..

The 5357 edition amount difference and the discovery of a higher numbered HL528 Point Fermin doesn't mean there are 500 more necessarily..

I know that sounds confusing but for example there could even be higher numbers out there and still only be around 5357 released. There could have been some of them destroyed and never sent to stores..

I have a version of HL405 Montauk, NY #A1851 that was never released for sale in stores.. Numbers of the amount released are based on numbers sold to dealers, not the number on the flags of the lighthouses.

The one in the middle is the A1851 that never went into production and sold at stores..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: When are we going to get some Information? #59395 05/27/10 05:16 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Quote:
Originally posted by WackoPaul:

The 5357 edition amount difference and the discovery of a higher numbered HL528 Point Fermin doesn't mean there are 500 more necessarily..

I know that sounds confusing but for example there could even be higher numbers out there and still only be around 5357 released. There could have been some of them destroyed and never sent to stores..

.. Numbers of the amount released are based on numbers sold to dealers, not the number on the flags of the lighthouses.
Thanks for the Product update, Paul.

Yes, the numbering of "released" pieces is very confusing. Point Arena, for instance, in the Collector's Guide states that the highest number shipped to a dealer was #5428. The edition amount was 5428. (Coquille River would be another example). This would lead me to believe that I would not find a Point Arena with a higher number than 5428, since production was halted before the entire "Production Run" was completed.
There are numerous other cases in the Guide where the Production Run was not completed. Charlotte-Genesee, for example shows an edition of 7,100/9,500. I must believe that #7100 was the last number that was shipped to a dealer. If what you are saying about the flag numbers being NOT the actual number of pieces shipped and that #9500 Charlotte-Genesee could possibly have been shipped (with somewhere in the middle 2,400 having not been shipped to dealers and subsequently destroyed), then I COULD NOT trust the amount of any Limited Edition actual release.
The Collector's Society pieces, with their low Editions seem accurate, but the "Timed" editions need to be quantified when the TIME has ended. And the OPEN Editions with their "letter" coding for year of production is worse yet. How many are made each year seems vary arbitrary. I have seen some in the 5,000 and some in the 6,000 per year ranges; but then again they are OPEN so...

I NEED to believe that the Flag Number on the last piece produced is the last piece of the Production Run. Therefore, I believe that finding a larger flag number than the stated edition amount simply means that the Edition number was incorrect. (Of course, authentication of the piece may needed). smile

Angels Gate
Re: When are we going to get some Information? #59396 05/27/10 05:58 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
I must believe that #7100 was the last number that was shipped to a dealer. If what you are saying about the flag numbers being NOT the actual number of pieces shipped and that #9500 Charlotte-Genesee could possibly have been shipped (with somewhere in the middle 2,400 having not been shipped to dealers and subsequently destroyed), then I COULD NOT trust the amount of any Limited Edition actual release.
That assumption isn't quite what I was saying... First of all the lights were produced in groups by the factory not all 9500 would have ever been produced of Charlotte-Genesee for example.. They probably had the 1st 3 or 4,000 Charlotte-Genesee produced in the first run then had more produced as they were selling.. So the 7,100 number would probably be very close to both the high flag number and the amount delivered to dealers.

For example when they produced Hudson-Athens there was an error in the 1st 4,000 because they were producing 4,000 in the initial run..
Hudson-Athens Thread

There were only around 1500 more produced with the error corrected which was probably the amount of the 2nd run at the factory and they didn't produce any more before HL retired the piece early..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!

Moderated by  Bob M 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 900 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users